A funny thing happened to me on my way to the Coliseum...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grandmother always made a summer trip from Maine to Florida, taking a couple of grandchildren along. After a long day of driving, on our way home, we stopped at a Comfort Inn to get a room for the night. My grandmother had borrowed her sister's white car for the trip. She goes into the hotel to inquire about a room. In the mean time another white car pulls in between us and the hotel (different model all together). A man went into the hotel and left a woman and child in the car. My grandmother comes out opens the door of the other car, and slings her purse in, full force as she always did, while getting into the driver's seat, in one fluid motion. Us grandchildren had learned to duck when the purse came flying, this lady had no idea that it was coming at her..

My grandmother lands in the seat looks to her right and sees a stunned and bewildered stranger sitting in the passenger's seat and promptly tells her "get out of my car", then it dawned on her that SHE was in the wrong car. We watched the whole thing from the other car, laughing so hard, that we could barely contain ourselves!

This happened on a drive from Brighton, Colorado to Bennett, Colorado...about 20 miles. I was driving my Grand Mother's baby blue Lincoln Continental with white leather seats.

My overdue sister (2 long weeks overdue) had just finished her weekly OB/GYN appointment in Brighton, we ate at a restaurant and wandered around down town. Half way home (in the middle of corn fields) Sis says, "My water just broke!" I told her, it most certainly did NOT! I slowed and did a three point turn in the middle of the road and headed back to town.

Not even 2 minutes later she says, "This baby is coming NOW!" As I pulled the car over, I was arguing there was no way the baby was coming that quick. I hurried and got her moved into the backseat and she laid down, just in time to deliver my Nephew into my hands. I got them both wrapped up and finished the drive into the ER. Got them inside and turned them over to the staff. Found Grandma (she worked in Med Records) and let her know what happened. Called my Mom and Dad, let them know what happened. As I got off the phone, I started laughing.

And I couldn't stop. I was taken back to the ER and placed on a cot next to Sis and Nephew...sedated. So, when my Nephew was born I was the only one that got drugs...:rolleyes:

And those white leather seats just wiped clean. I bet your grandmother was really glad they weren't upholstered in fabric.

Oh dear. I hadn't thought about the white stitching.

Wait a minute, bleach on leather? That can't be good.

It worked! :) Most were more squeemed about what the seats were stained with than some missing dye. I used rub in white shoe polish, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom