Best show on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vitauta said:
next to the good wife, prime suspect, a new show starring maria bello, is the best show i've seen in years. thanks to a cast of excellent actors and superior writing, a realistic, gritty new cop show is born. my big fear? like others have said before me, i'm dreading that my stamp of approval may get this outstanding show canceled....tune in to watch maria bello in action--she will blow you away. guaranteed....

I liked it too, Vit!

Having high expectations for "Grimm" as well. The commercials were so nice and creepy!

I only saw the first episode of Prime Suspect, but I couldn't get into it. Grimm looks like it has promise for me though.

i've not seen a single ad for grimm. is it coming to network tv? ("creepy" doesnt have much of a chance with me, though--i will invariably find it too fake, unreal, or it will turn me off for being TOO realistic, and thereby too scary for me.)

NBC tomorrow at 8 Central. The morphing is really cool. From what I saw from one commercial, there is a Grimm descendant who sees normal people for who they really are (werewolf, vampire, ghoul, etc.) They change from regular to monster in a really nice fade.

my stamp of approval may get this outstanding show canceled.

I actually did this. A few years ago, I got a Nielsen Diary (one of several I've been asked to keep over the years) and stupidly gave my real age and sex. And, goodbye "The Nine" "Life" and some others I liked.

If I'm asked again, I'm going to say I'm a 23 year old male!!!

And by the way, if that is the coveted demographic, (I have those people around) they are watching, The Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, and the logging show (can't think of the name.)

Don't know why the Network execs don't get that it' is hard to invest in a show when the audience who will watch is dismissed as unimportant.:wacko:

Last edited:
Triple D
Hell's Kitchen
The Best Thing I Ever Ate
Man Vs Food

Nonfood: I'm into "the housewives" right now. ( jersey, beverly hills, ect)

Tomorrow night, I told Shrek he better remember to record it!

That sounds rather mean...Shrek wants to forget to record "Grimm", because he isn't interested in the storyline at all. He tends to "forget" when it's a show he doesn't want to watch and is apt to cancel the recording if there is something else he wants to record.

I'm thrilled beyond words that I get to have a weekly relationship with Tom Selleck again!! That man still makes me weak in the knees after all these years.:blush: Sigh.

"Blue Bloods" is the best new show on TV in my opinion.

Another favorite of mine is "Harry's Law"......what a quirky great show with a refreshing cast of characters, and Kathy Bates is superb, as always.

I'm thrilled beyond words that I get to have a weekly relationship with Tom Selleck again!! That man still makes me weak in the knees after all these years.:blush: Sigh.

"Blue Bloods" is the best new show on TV in my opinion.

Another favorite of mine is "Harry's Law"......what a quirky great show with a refreshing cast of characters, and Kathy Bates is superb, as always.

I love "Harry's Law," too! It's one of my don't miss shows.

"Grimm" is on the DVR, I'll watch it tomorrow when Shrek is napping.

Is anyone else getting hooked on "Person of Interest?" I am starting to really like this one. Jim Caviezel is perfect, as is the ethereal Michael Emerson.

This is from the "Lost" people, and that started out a little slow, too.

Is anyone else getting hooked on "Person of Interest?" I am starting to really like this one. Jim Caviezel is perfect, as is the ethereal Michael Emerson.

This is from the "Lost" people, and that started out a little slow, too.

"Person of Interest" is the best show on, I love it. A very intelligent show, that doesn't insult my intelligence.

Thank you Princess! I don't hear a lot about it, but ya never know. I love the mysteries which are never quite solved and keep me intrigued.

I just finished watching, "Grimm." It was great fun and full of references. Shrek loved it, too! He's very glad he recorded it now.

I agree for Grimm, we found it kind of interesting :) It may be the only new show we are going to watch this fall.
Among the old ones, we love Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Throne, Mad men... I may forgot some :) We also like fringe, the good wife and we follow grey's anatomy and desperate housewives as a habit xD

Kayelle said:
What channel is Grimm on, and what's it about?

I too think that "Person of Interest" is one of the most interesting shows to come along in a long time.

NBC Friday at 8 Central. The morphing is really cool. There is a Grimm descendant who sees normal people for who they really are (werewolf, vampire, ghoul, etc.) They change from regular to monster in a really nice fade.

I saw it last night, it was fun. Some of the CSI and NCIS episodes were better at one time, IMHO, but this is a pretty good show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom