Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all - Middie I love your room!
Did you hear the music in mine? It's soft 40's music and some swing thrown in for good measure. I also put in a bit of contemporary, but it's just Harry Connick Jr.
"it had to be you....................it had to be you.................."

ahhhhh..... <<sipping iced tea with fresh lemon>> this is the life. Well, it's 9:40 pm and I'm off to drop off son #1 for the church's all-nighter(!)
bye!

"I wandered around.....and finally found.........the somebody who............"

Where is everybody? Surely not everyone would be out having a ball while I'm here at the cafe....by myself.....

<<leaving new pretty room>>
<<going upstairs>>
<<walking out the back door, picking an avocado>>
<<walking back inside, getting a spoon, halving avocado>>
<<walking back outside, getting into jacuzzi. Looking at stars. Eating avocado with a spoon>>

Now, this is the life!

~plucking avacado from tree~
i'll join you, jkath. it's such a beautiful night out.
~crickets chirping, luvs and jkath noshing~
need some seasalt and fresh-cracked black pepper? maybe a little lime? avacados are good that way!
i brought you a cupcake with pink sprinkles.
i can't wait till me and my babe go out for sushi tomorrow. i think i'll get miso soup, a negi hamachi roll and a spider roll, white tuna sashimi, and Japanese beer, then go up to the sushi bar and have warm sake with my babe and red bean mochi ice cream.

Hey luvs -
I didn't hear you come out here. I'm having my avos plain tonight
<<points over to a pile of many avo skins>>
<<eating cupcake>>

this is good!

I'm getting sleepy though - time to turn in for the night. Watch out, luvs, I think I heard tawny owl in the tree!

See ya later. Enjoy your night-o-sushi!

ahhhhh! just returned from a nice, hot Baby Magic bubble bath.
i also just learned the hard way that Bulova watches must be waterproof. i plunged mine right into the water cause i forgot i had it on. i was so afraid it'd stop ticking, which would have completely ruined my day. i picked it out but my Grandpa got it for me for Christmas; it cost several hundred dollars and he'd kick my butt if i ruined it.
i'm just glad i didn't have my suede bracelet on. i think you'd like it, jkath; it's black and about 1 1/4" wide and has a gaudy silver sunflower with fake yellow and orange jewels studding the flower. a little heart dangles from the buckle on it. i got it at a designer imposter party. the lady ringing my groceries up at giant eagle liked it so much i almost took it off and gave it to her, but i like it too much, and it cost $78, anyhow.
i'm thirsty. i'm gonna have a heineken and an avacado and provolone sandwich with tomato.

Yes to all 3 jkath! I've been up for 4 hours & I still haven't had breakfast.

Last update on TC's hand. I took him to the doc yesterday & then the hospital for more x-ray's. There was a hairline fracture but it is almost completely healed. He has to keep it wrapped for a few more days & then he can go back to pretty much normal activites!!:w00t: :clap:

i wouldn't mind one of those bagels, myself.
sorry; i slept in but only got 2 or 3 hrs. sleep so i'm gonna try to lay down again in a few.
grrrrrrrrr.... stupid cell phone is ringing. hang on.

Jkath... shhhhhhh.....
4.gif
I was sleeping. Arrrghhhh.... I could go for some green tea. And by-the-way... I LOOOOOVE Harry Connick Jr! Well I likeed him in the mid 90s at least. Jkath you are scarring me. We are twins!

because i bought a 600-pound hen and she laid an egg. i had to use a forklift to transport it.
er, um, we're having my curried chicken salad tonite. and chicken soup. and chicken fajitas, grilled chicken over mixed baby greens w/ fries on top, chicken kiev, chicken corden bleu, chicken saltimbocca, and some very large garlic-butter wings.:ermm:
here, chicky, chicky, chicken! where areeeeee youuuuuu?
~brandishing meat cleaver.~
aww, man, i can't. that hen and i are good friends now! guess we have a new pet.
let's just have omelets instead.

guys, i just returned from the candy store on of my best friends works at.
i come bearing chocolate Ice Cubes (those were my FAVORITE till i gave up the chocolate. i used to drive half an hour away just to get them.); hand-dipped, chocolate-covered, caramel-filled pretzels (some of them have crushed heath bars on them, while others have mini candy-coated chocolate chips, others have coconut, and still others have brickle. (in reality, these are the best chocolate-covered pretzels i've had in my life! if we had a reunion one day, i'd bring 50 of these!) there are some mini peanut butter meltaways, mini cashew meltaways, some chocolate-covered strawberries, and some cordial cherries.
and for jkath:
a beautician chocolate set and a manicurist set. (for all of the work at the barber shop, of course.)

:shock: Thats a big chicken ya got there! We better keep it by the lake. What does it eat?

These chocolate pretzels are GREAT!!!! *grabbing another handful* Thanks! I'll try an ice cube in a bit.

here, sush, have some more pretzels.
just returned from my night out having sushi and sake. lovely! i had a spider roll and white tuna. i also had miso soup and a salad w/ flying fish roe. we got red bean mochi ice cream for dessert for free. we also had some Japanese beer.
we went up to the sushi bar to have some sake and watch the chefs prepare the sushi/sashimi, and they were very chatty. very friendly. they're the same chefs that fed my BF white tuna sashimi the first time we went there. i had several questions, all of which they answered very well.

Last edited:
luvs, that was so thoughtful of you!
These chocolate pretzels are so good too - thanks for getting dark as well as light (dark's my favorite).

I need to get back to reality world, but I just wanted to say hi!

well, hi, jkath!
my, goodness, i'm actually sleepy for once! too much sake, i guess.
getting my newest pics developed tomorrow! look on the gallery to see the new 99-pound me in a few days. (i lost some weight but am doing my best to re-gain it) maybe next week.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom