Oven-roasted Hot Dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never tried it.

I'd put them on a rack in a pan and put them into a 400F - 450F oven. The higher temps will give some color to the casing.

I have. I coat them with olive oil or sometimes butter. They get a nice crispy split. Better than stove top imo.

We'll do that at work (god, how embarrassing is that??) from time to time. Sometimes, we'll cater a bbq for hundreds and just cannot cook all those dogs on the grill and keep a line moving at the same time. Some get done on the grill, but the first batch can often be done in the oven. Keep an eye on them. They'll wrinkle quickly if they overcook. Since they're already essentially cooked, all you have to do is bring them up to temp. It usually takes about 15 minutes.

Only oven-roasted doggies I remember ... split down the middle, stuffed with chedder, wrapped with bacon ... in the oven at about 350ºF for around 20/30-minutes.

We had wieners boiled in water and served on a bun (hot dog), sliced wieners in pork-n-beans with chopped onion, sometimes mac-n-cheese and sliced wieners, sauerkraut and wieners, chopped wieners with onion, green bell pepper, scrambled eggs ...

While traveling through Georgia a few years ago, my husband and I stopped at a diner. We sat at the counter where we could see the food being prepared. The man next to me ordered 2 hot dogs. The cook dropped them into a vat of oil. They came out bright red.
Deep fried hot dogs are the favorite method of cooking them in the South from what they told us. As if the hot dog isn't killer enough, now it's deep fried. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom