Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're using Windows 10 and want to delete the Recycle Bin name (not just change it), first right click on it, go to RENAME and back the name out. Then press ALT 255. Lift up and press ENTER. The Recycle Bin name will be gone. And no, I don't know how to get it back.:LOL:

Just click on the Recycle Bin icon, so it's highlighted, then press F2, which is the rename shortcut key. Then you can rename it to anything you like.

I didn't want to rename it, though, I wanted to get rid of the name completely.

I did finally get into the settings and turned off the one that wanted me to sign in every freaking time I turned on the computer. So that's one thing solved. And, I found the temp files. Now I have to figure out if I'm still supposed to defrag Windows 10, cause I still haven't found that yet. Yeesh.

Last edited:
I really got a taste of what its like to have a couple of employees. With my bosses stroke I had to hire a couple of guys to help out. Number 1 hit and bent the heck out of the stacks on 2 trucks. Got too close with the grain cart. Put his cigar out on our new tractor and melted a nice round spot in the plastic fender. I don't even know where you have to be in your brain to even think about putting a cigar out on painted surface. Let alone on the side of a couple hundred thousand dollar tractor. That he knew darn will is plastic! A couple days after he went back to his regular job I found about a dozen half smoked cigars in the floor drain in the shop. Why? Just Why? On the up side he was early every day. Stayed late and never complained. If we ever bring him back there will be a strict no smoking policy. We all quit smoking and none of us can stand to be around it anymore anyway.

Then my Peterbuilt broke down. We couldn't get it on the low boy trailer. Had to borrow a gas powered air compressor to strap on the back. Connected it to the air system on the truck and towed it 40 miles to a shop. My arms were sore that night. No power steering.

Then our service truck went down. You turn the key and everything works but the engine wont turn over. No click no nothing. Pulled the started and solenoid. They checked out good. Found the trigger wire is not getting juice. Now I have to find a short someplace or maybe the switch is bad. I don't know.

The Case pay loader broke down for the hundredth time. We just got in the pickup and went straight to John Deere in Sioux City and traded it off. We have had that thing for 10 years and it has been POS from day one. And that's not even half of whats going down around here. I will be glad when the weekend comes!

Quite the handful, Jon! But, it sounds like you are handling things beautifully. I'm sure your boss appreciates all your hard work. I know Shrek and I find your situation admirable, inspiring, heroic and wish you the best.

Quite the handful, Jon! But, it sounds like you are handling things beautifully. I'm sure your boss appreciates all your hard work. I know Shrek and I find your situation admirable, inspiring, heroic and wish you the best.

Ditto here!
Jon, you have had your hands full. I can understand your frustrations. Dealing with "stupid" saps a lot of your energy.

Farmer Jon, you have what it takes to be one of those folks who keep America eating. And I applaud you for all your efforts. Thank you.

Wow, Jon, it sounds like you ended up with a year's work of problems in just one week. I hope your run of trouble is over and that the business is running smoothly soon. Hang in there. It can only get better from here, right?

I'm trying to buy another semi so were not beating up the good ones. There is a lot of trashy trucks to sort through. I don't need anything too nice but there is a lot of junk out there.
Yesterday was pretty good. Now its the weekend. I can either relax or catch up on stuff around the house Ive been putting off during harvest. If I clean out the chicken coop but take a break every 15 minutes to enjoy an adult beverage. Its not really work. Is it?

This song came on the radio yesterday and really cheered me up. Especially the part when he said I might go get me a new tattoo. I just happen to be getting one today. To cover up the one I got at a party in my 20s.

https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

"If I clean out the chicken coop but take a break every 15 minutes to enjoy an adult beverage. Its not really work. Is it?"

From what we read here, you deserve a break AND an adult beverage whenever you can squeeze one in...

I admire your work ethic... :)

Ross

Social Security Benefits

Just got our new Social Security benefits notice for 2018 and they went down by almost $10. I thought we were going to get a raise. Bummer!

I'm trying to buy another semi so were not beating up the good ones. There is a lot of trashy trucks to sort through. I don't need anything too nice but there is a lot of junk out there.
Yesterday was pretty good. Now its the weekend. I can either relax or catch up on stuff around the house I've been putting off during harvest. If I clean out the chicken coop but take a break every 15 minutes to enjoy an adult beverage. Its not really work. Is it?

This song came on the radio yesterday and really cheered me up. Especially the part when he said I might go get me a new tattoo. I just happen to be getting one today. To cover up the one I got at a party in my 20s.

https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

;) You wild one! Walking on the wild side are you? ;)

My Roku box died last night. I think these things are designed to malfunction after so many thousand hours of use so you'll buy another to replace......like light bulbs. I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
My Roku box died last night. I think these things are designed to malfunction after so many thousand hours of use so you'll buy another to replace......like light bulbs. I'm ok with that.

I don't know how long they should last. Every once in a while we unplug it and clear the buffer (if that is what happens when you unplug it), then we can run it more without any slowdowns. We bought the roku stick, back in 2013, still running, then another stick in 2015 for another tv, and the third tv has an amazon fire (but that stick won't let us view vudu movies in the cloud).

Anyways, when we were buying our stick, my son kept insisting we buy a box roku and that a stick was only part of streaming movies. Actually the stick is a low cost streaming device, it and its remote, and it has fewer features than a roku box, but we never found a need for the box, so we never bought one. I just remember my son insisting, 'mom that won't work for streaming movies', ha ha, well, yes it does. We wait for a sale, and get it for around $35 each.

Thanks GG, and yes, I knew that, what I didn't realize, was how cheap they are.

That's why I got my guru to do it for me. I've looked up many things but there always seems to be just one term or one step that doesn't match for me. Or a term that means nothing to me but that others understand easily. I'm just not technical and get bogged down or end up in a loop (I hate those!).
Far better for me to let someone else do it, with my luck I end up changing things for the worse. :wacko::(

And that is why I let Spike do all my computer. I am quite happy just entering and deleting. I make no effort to learn anything new. Much to Spike's chagrin.

Back
Top Bottom