Simplest Oriental dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to make Tonkatsu as the main dish for dinner this evening. It is just pork dredged in panko and fried. The katsu part of the name is the sauce which takes very little time and effort to make. Pretty simple. I will serve it with rice and a small veggie stir fry. Did I mention the beer?

I should add, my heat tolerance is higher than most, but nowhere near Craig's, so adjust accordingly.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go easy on the hot sauce and we can add more at the table if we think it would be good with more. Our heat tolerance is decent. We just opened a jar of Laoganma Chili Crisp and tasted it yesterday. TBH, I was expecting a lot hotter than that. Yeah, there was bit of burn that kicked in after half a minute or so, but not a whole lot.

I would not call fried rice 'simple'. It takes forethought and attention. But once you have the rice correct - anything goes.

Yes Linda, it is definitely a winner in the yummy department!

georgevan - you will have to define "simple" few steps? few ingredients? what do you call 'simple'?

Jade, you will have to get used to georgevan - our resident "post and run" with a 'drop a question - and let the faucets open' but rarely answers with personal experience or why the question in the first place, LOL :rolleyes: and what's funnier,;) we all drop into place striving for the best answer! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
But, of course, that's exactly what Discuss Cooking is all about... discussing cooking!

Jade, you will have to get used to georgevan - our resident "post and run" with a 'drop a question - and let the faucets open' but rarely answers with personal experience or why the question in the first place, LOL :rolleyes: and what's funnier,;) we all drop into place striving for the best answer! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
But, of course, that's exactly what Discuss Cooking is all about... discussing cooking!
I keep trying

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom