Weigh In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbara L said:
It has been awhile since I have checked in here. I got stuck for awhile and wasn't losing anything. Since school got out two weeks ago I have lost 8 pounds, for a total of 18 pounds. I'm still trying to figure out how to stick to the kidney stone diet, but still stay low-glycemic. They pretty much counteract each other. The stones have been brutal lately, so I know that if I have to choose, right now I have to stick to the low acid-ash and low-oxalate foods. Of course, I am supposed to drink a lot of water, which helps with weight too.

:) Barbara
good for you, barb!
i have a small gallstone. ouch! they decided not to remove my gallbladder, maybe because when they said they might take it out, i said, 'the HE*L you are!' and gave them one of those 'oh, don't you EVEN GO there!' looks and uttered the oh-so-classic bitter luvs-laugh.
a girl i was in the hospital with had kidney stones and i remember her just weeping due to the pain. she showed me her urine one day and it was bright red. i was so scared for her, but at least she was in a medical setting where doctors were at all times in case something went really wrong.
get well soon, barb. i'll be thinking of you.

Thanks Luvs, I appreciate that. And if you need your gallbladder out, do it! My daughter (25 now) had to have hers removed 2 years ago, and she recovered very quickly. They use a less invasive surgery now than they used to.

:) Barbara

your girl is just my age, barb!:)
if they would do it under conscious sedation, i'd get it removed. i'm terrified of general anesthesia. they couldn't pull my Grandma out of it one time. eventually they did, though, whew!

Middie, here's what's up....
As for the water, of course, keep it up, but try a different brand. Really! There are so many types out there, and they do taste differently. One of my favorite clean tasting ones is the place outside the grocery store where you fill your own for a quarter a gallon.
That will get you to want to drink it more.

Now, on to your dilema -
The trainer I had told me that if you exercise the same way, regularly, all is well, till you hit about the 6 week mark. At that point, your body is used to doing those particular motions, and taking that kind of weight on. He suggested that after 6 weeks, you change up your typical workout, for a different type, and do this every 6 weeks.
Also, he put me on a regimen where I have 3 different workouts and each day I do a different one. This way, you get really great results. Really!
I'm ready for my next change, and I'm almost thinking I need to get back and have him train me another month.

Also - the only thing you want to stay with regularly.....AB mat exercises~!
(I believe they're in this thread, early on)

I had my gall bladder removed, you can't have it done under concious sedation, coz there is too much work for them to do whilst they're in there!!! I didn't have the modern procedure coz I was too fat, they tried, but then converted the operation into the old fashioned way. I hurt for a few weeks afterwards but nothing compared to how the gall bladder pain hurt!!! 6 years on, and I have never had any complications (I do have a rather impressive scar, which you don't get with the modern method)

Well, I haven't posted in here about my weight, but, I thought maybe if I start now, while I'm in the race with nephew in law and now niece, it'll keep me going too. I lost 3 lbs in the last week. I can't wait until I can total it up and it be the 4o that I need to lose in all. What would be good to do with fresh peaches as far as keeping them low cal? Just by themselves? I know that they are still sweet, but, I can't eat a lot of fruits because I don't have a taste for them except apples and they are getting old:sick:

Texas, this is the perfect place! Hey, we'll even get you motivated more than you want to be, I bet!!!
As for the peaches, - cut them into slices, place in a bowl and sprinkle them with a little cinnamon. If you want it to be a dessert, add a bit of fat free cool whip. (and when I say bit, I mean 1 Tbsp, since you don't want to go crazy with the sugar)

Fresh apples peeled, cored and sliced can be microwaved with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice for a great applesauce. Just keep an eye on 'em, and mash them when they're really soft. You can also add pears to this, or do the pears on their own.

Texas, you just keep posting here and you'll drop the weight through osmosis....
but really, read through the ab exercises I suggested - they really really really work - my stomach is hard as a rock now.

Jkath or someone please help. This is the only thread that I can get to for some reason. I can't get anywhere in here, I keep getting this error
There seems to have been a slight problem with the Discuss Cooking database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

As I can't get anywhere, please pm me and let me know why this is happening. It was doing it this morning too, and then finally was able to get in and now it's doing it again.
HELP!!! I'm having withdrawals :O) ;O)

kyles said:
I had my gall bladder removed, you can't have it done under concious sedation, coz there is too much work for them to do whilst they're in there!!! I didn't have the modern procedure coz I was too fat, they tried, but then converted the operation into the old fashioned way. I hurt for a few weeks afterwards but nothing compared to how the gall bladder pain hurt!!! 6 years on, and I have never had any complications (I do have a rather impressive scar, which you don't get with the modern method)

wow, that's not good! did it hurt a lot afterwards?

When I was in hospital it really hurt. I was on intravenous morphine, which I happen to be allergic to (nobody knew) so I was very poorly for a few days, but after than I was fine. The scar site hurt, but my tummy problems were cured, and now I have no problems at all.

On a happier note I lost 2 pounds this week. My challenge is to get under 200 pounds by the end of summer August 31!!! I'll post another progress pic on September 1!!

I'm so proud of your steady weight loss - that is awesome!

When I had caesarian #2, the Docs found out I was allergic to morphine too - it felt like bugs were crawling all over me! (Son #1 was a knock-out drug)

I'm boxing again this morning - that class has done so much for my upper body!

morhine didn't bother me, but i'vve heard it can make you itch like CRAZY. just made me loopy.

luvs, Me too, I could have cleaned the hospital..I'd never let them give me that junk again for anything!!! And I thought speed made ya nutzzzz:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom