What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Multigrain Bread

img_1059230_0_1b57d38fa17dc4d7a5258d83ced62f21.jpg

img_1059230_1_1d6748ac1fd677cfea3b323447ea3a6f.jpg

This was my first bread machine loaf. It was a new recipe I have never used before and it is wonderful. But next time I will just make the dough and bake in a regular loaf pan in the oven.

Bread machine uses

Pretty good pictures, I might say! Thanks. And "yes", I only use my bread machine to make dough. I shape and bake my breads by hand. LOL, I just let the bread machine do all the hard kneading work.

Pretty good pictures, I might say! Thanks. And "yes", I only use my bread machine to make dough. I shape and bake my breads by hand. LOL, I just let the bread machine do all the hard kneading work.
Thank you

Made a spice layer cake for dessert for family last night,with cream cheese frosting.it came out delicious and moist.Got an order for a large red velvet with cream cheese icing with a fall theme that i have to complete within 4 hours.Another order for a chocolate fudge cake for tomorrow..phew...

My red velvet fall themed cake order...

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 172
My red velvet fall themed cake order...

Looks Delish!

I was thinking about this cake and I wondered if it would work out with other colors or if the cocoa in it would throw the colors off. Specifically I was thinking about a Syracuse University cake with bright orange and blue. Do you think it would work?

Looks Delish!

I was thinking about this cake and I wondered if it would work out with other colors or if the cocoa in it would throw the colors off. Specifically I was thinking about a Syracuse University cake with bright orange and blue. Do you think it would work?

Do u wanna make the whole cake into the university's logo? another good idea would be to keep the frosting white in keeping with the tradition, with the university logo done in one corner with butter cream or fondant or even marzipan? or u could even do the logo on the side of the cake or do several of them spread on all sides of the cake..

Well, today seems to be recipes from the Oct '11 bon appetit. I'll be making the Orange blossom honey madeleines for dessert to be enoyed with the ginger yogurt mousse from the same issue.
Also made my favorite granola for breakfast for the week.

Do u wanna make the whole cake into the university's logo? another good idea would be to keep the frosting white in keeping with the tradition, with the university logo done in one corner with butter cream or fondant or even marzipan? or u could even do the logo on the side of the cake or do several of them spread on all sides of the cake..

I was wondering if the cake itself could be orange and blue instead of red. I am not sure about the cocoa distorting the color of the cake batter. Then decorate it simply. Also thought about making them as cupcakes, I thought it might make a nice tailgate item. Now many people use New York style Black and White cookies but change the frosting to half orange and half blue. They are good but becoming sort of a cliche. I could put the coloring into a white cake batter but, I thought the red velvet would be a little different. I guess I need to get into the kitchen and experiment a little.

I was wondering if the cake itself could be orange and blue instead of red. I am not sure about the cocoa distorting the color of the cake batter. Then decorate it simply. Also thought about making them as cupcakes, I thought it might make a nice tailgate item. Now many people use New York style Black and White cookies but change the frosting to half orange and half blue. They are good but becoming sort of a cliche. I could put the coloring into a white cake batter but, I thought the red velvet would be a little different. I guess I need to get into the kitchen and experiment a little.

You could probably skip the cocoa, and achieve any color you like, if you have cocoa in the batter, it will make the orange more of an autumn muted orange and the blue a bit darker.
Wilton paste colors would work well and are more cost effective than buying the bottles in the grocery store.

my suggestion would be to use a vanilla cake recipe if u want to color the batter cuz yes the cocoa WILL effect the colors.Why dont u make red velvet cup cakes and tint the frostings instead of the cake batter.blue and orange swirls or blue and orange spider web? i think they will look cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom