What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the pumpkin and so did my son. Hubby doesn't like pumpkin, but loves the chocolate. And, yes, we also had whipped cream on top.

I love pumpkin pie. It just breaks my heart to see someone cut it into eight pieces to be passed out to others when I could eat the whole thing myself. Life is just not fair. Then I get the heartburn. Big time. Can't wait to get my hands on the big bottle of Maloxx. I just chugalug it right from the bottle. But that pie is so worth all the pain. :angel:

I made the pumpkin and the chocolate pies, and I also made a crustless pumpkin one. Actually I put the pumpkin mixture into a greased 8" square baker. That will be nice for those times I don't want to eat the crust.

I made the pumpkin and the chocolate pies, and I also made a crustless pumpkin one. Actually I put the pumpkin mixture into a greased 8" square baker. That will be nice for those times I don't want to eat the crust.

I have put it in custard cups and served it that way. After all it is just a custard. :angel:

Addie said:
I have put it in custard cups and served it that way. After all it is just a custard. :angel:

That is a good idea. Thanks. I love pumpkin custard! I had some with my breakfast!

Need to get some cookies in the oven. We are out, and need some for lunches.

Not so pretty but made an aargau carrot cake
Gluten free and pretty healthy for a cake I guess
Ground nuts, carrots, sugar, eggs, and kirsch of course - could be worse
image-2068873672.jpg

Siegal said:
Not so pretty but made an aargau carrot cake
Gluten free and pretty healthy for a cake I guess
Ground nuts, carrots, sugar, eggs, and kirsch of course - could be worse

It doesn't have to be pretty to get eaten around here. I'm sure it was great.

I made some Cheez-it snacks today.
I've been wanting some snacks from home and found a recipe on the net.
There is 1 deli here that had some good cheddar cheese so I gave it a try.
Really simple but I didn't put a hole in them or nip the edges.
Yum. Wife and niece surprised me and ate some.

I made some Cheez-it snacks today.
I've been wanting some snacks from home and found a recipe on the net.
There is 1 deli here that had some good cheddar cheese so I gave it a try.
Really simple but I didn't put a hole in them or nip the edges.
Yum. Wife and niece surprised me and ate some.

So what was the recipe? :angel:

Planning to make either cream cheese nut cookies,molasses crisps,or chocolate snowballs. must get busy.
kades

So what was the recipe? :angel:

I was surprised how much they puffed up even rolling them to about 1/8".
First batch was in for 10 minutes and too soft in the middle. Like the directions say you really have to watch the time. I didn't put any salt on the tops of them but next time I will add just a tiny bit.

Homemade Cheez-Its

Ingredients:
·8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated= 225 grams
·3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
·1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening*
·½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
·1 cup flour
·2 Tablespoons ice water
·Coarse salt for sprinkling

* The original recipe calls for 4Tablespoons of butter. I used 1 Tablespoon of shortening to help with the crisping. Whatever method you choose just be sure to monitor those last few minutes of baking as these will burn easily. There is a very fine line between done and crisp and overdone and burnt,

Directions:
1.Combine cheese, butter, shortening, and salt in the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. The mixture will be crumbly.
2.Slowly add flour and then the ice water. You may add a few more drops of water to help it come together but be careful not to add too much. You don’t want a wet dough.
3.Pat the dough into 2 discs and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes (or longer).
4.Preheat oven to 375F.
5.Using parchment paper or a silicone mat roll each disc to 1/8 inch or less and cut into 1 inch squares (a pastry wheel or pizza wheel is easiest) I used wax paper and it was fine. Use a toothpick to punch a hole into the center of each square. You can use a fork to nip the edges.
6.If you have difficulty separating and transferring the crackers onto the baking sheet return the parchment paper/mat to the refrigerator for 10 minutes (while you roll out the 2nd dough disc).
7.Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until puffed and browning around the edges. If you pull them out too soon and the crackers don’t have the desired crispiness you want then simply return them to the oven for 2-3 more minutes.
8.Move crackers to a cooling rack. Makes about 7 dozen crackers.

BoracayB, those cheese-it's sound great. Thanks so much for posting the recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom