What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, you guys have some nice historical pieces. I love the Victorian era. They loved worldly décor and its neat to see the way they incorporated it into their homes. My mother has a similar lamp that is inspired by Egypt.

Last edited:
Man, you guys have some nice historical pieces. I love the Victorian era. They loved worldly décor and its neat to see the way they incorporated it into their homes. My mother has a similar lamp that is inspired by Egypt.

MM, living out west like you and I do, good antiques are hard to come by in these parts, being as the good stuff brought out here by covered wagon got left on the plains. How hard it must have been to just leave treasured heirlooms behind in the dust. How glad I am they came. The history of it all is my favorite reading subject.

GG and Kayelle, your homes look like show homes. Lovely! Mine isn't a wreck, but you can definitely tell I'd rather cook than clean. :LOL: A lot of our furnishings are near-antiques, though. As in, old and handed-down. ;) Sorta "comfy chic" without the "chic".

MM, living out west like you and I do, good antiques are hard to come by in these parts, being as the good stuff brought out here by covered wagon got left on the plains. How hard it must have been to just leave treasured heirlooms behind in the dust. How glad I am they came. The history of it all is my favorite reading subject.

Mine too. The history of all things domestic is my thing: daily life, food, housing, fads, employment, social structure and values - so fascinating. :rolleyes:

Glad you like that line, Michelle. We have a lot of furniture that had been my parents', or my aunt and uncle's. Even our "new stuff", in many cases, was purchased when we moved into our previous house...in 1991.

I'm about to rip a rotisserie chicken apart, and clean and chop celery and carrots, in order to get a head start making a pot of chicken/veggie/noodle soup. Goober is almost done with his cold, so I want to smack it down completely. Meanwhile, most of the soup will be ready for Loverly when she comes home from running boatloads of errands tomorrow, and some for us when we get back from seeing our son. Monday will be cook's day off, since it will be our last day in town. We'll go somewhere - I was lobbying for the Cleveland Museum of Art until I checked their website. It's closed on Mondays. :( Guess I'll have to come up with another idea while I attack the chicken.

I finally finished basting the 10+ pairs of jeans and slacks my friend pinned for me in November. The reason I basted them was to try them on again. I had to make adjustments to make them fit...shrunk a bit more...grr...tomorrow I will fire up the serger and get them done...I didn't want to cut the excess off with the serger until I checked the fit, just incase I had gained weight. Saturday, my favourite skirts are getting pinned. I have learned how to make things that are too big fit. Duh, never thought of that.

Last edited:
Beautiful living rooms, GG and Kay!

We just got back shortly before midnight last night after 2 weeks on our beloved little island. I wasn't feeling well the last few days of our trip, probably because I got breathed on by someone with something on the plane on the way down, but I managed to rally and pack before we left. The flights home were flawless, but it still makes for a long day.

Now I'm kicking back and surveying the damage. Mounds of newspapers and mail to sort through, and a mountain of laundry to do! My car won't start, so will have to call AAA for a jump.

Windows 10. I've been using an extra from DH for the past few months, so I'm kind of used to it. I can't wait to get all my software installed, though. Didn't want to do that on a temp.

No, I skipped 8 lol My old laptop was five years old.

I like 10 so far. It has a more visual way of displaying what's on the computer. When you hit the Start button, you see your list of programs - alphabetically, organized under big letters - and a set of boxes that show your weather, recent emails, calendar, photos, etc. Then you can click on a box to open the app. Apparently, as you install more apps, more are displayed there. And it seems easier to set up than previous versions.

Btw, I got a Dell Inspiron with 8 gigs of RAM and a terabyte hard drive. It's rip-roaring fast!

Last edited:
No, I skipped 8 lol My old laptop was five years old.

I like 10 so far. It has a more visual way of displaying what's on the computer. When you hit the Start button, you see your list of programs - alphabetically, organized under big letters - and a set of boxes that show your weather, recent emails, calendar, photos, etc. Then you can click on a box to open the app. Apparently, as you install more apps, more are displayed there. And it seems easier to set up than previous versions.

Btw, I got a Dell Inspiron with 8 gigs of RAM and a terabyte hard drive. It's rip-roaring fast!
The guy who sold me my new laptop convinced me I didn't need 8 gigs of RAM. Damn, I shouldn't have listened to him. The last one had 8 gigs and this stupid 6 gig machine feels so slow.

We're halfway between there and there. Didn't get out of the general Akron OH area until after 5:00 PM. Hate leaving, but we had to. We should be back in our own house sometime tomorrow evening. It would be nicer if we were greeted by a cat, but I refuse to move a cat again!

I was sound asleep. Here it is almost 1:30 and I am wide awake watching an old Perry Mason movie. I have a small can of baked beans in the fridge. Thinking of opening them and eating them right out of the can. Or making a bean and baloney half sandwich. After I trim off all of the crust.

I bought two huge filets of Haddock Monday when I went shopping. I like to leave the skin on. Pirate hates the skin. My intention was to have the skin removed from one filet (the smaller one) for Pirate and leave it on for the other one. I forgot to ask to have the man remove the skin. So I tried it myself. Only was able to remove half of it. I no longer have any strength in my hands. He can remove it after it is cooked. It just rolls off then. Or if I am lucky, he won't eat it at all having the skin on. Fine by me. More Haddock for me. I can't choose which I love more. Fried clams or battered and fried Haddock. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom