What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of processing are you doing that makes it seem so slow?
Not much at the moment. FireFox, EditPad (a text editor), PDF XChange Viewer, IrfanView, and sometimes LibreOffice spreadsheet. When I'm doing tax returns I also have professional tax software running. I loaded the Windog Solitaire game and it took 15 seconds to load. I think FF is being a memory hog, but I mostly blame Windog. I'm running 8.1 now and I'm wary of upgrading to 10. My experience is that every upgrade of Windows runs slower than the previous version. Sigh

Hi Everyone,
I'm still sitting out the winter waiting for our new wood house to be built. It's going to be spring when it's ready ( we hope) Meanwhile we are house-sitting for a friend which is why I'm not posting much at the moment but doing an awful lot of ........relaxing!!
I'm keeping an eye on you all though so seeeeee ya :cool:

Attachments

• 20..JPG
    20..JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 112
I'm waiting for Himself to route us to our next fuel stop. For the car, not ourselves. Gas in New Jersey is running about $1.67 a gallon AND all stations are full service. After that, we get to eat at our favorite place along the route - Blue Colony Diner in Newtown CT. Then our own beds tonight. :D

Not much at the moment. FireFox, EditPad (a text editor), PDF XChange Viewer, IrfanView, and sometimes LibreOffice spreadsheet. When I'm doing tax returns I also have professional tax software running. I loaded the Windog Solitaire game and it took 15 seconds to load. I think FF is being a memory hog, but I mostly blame Windog. I'm running 8.1 now and I'm wary of upgrading to 10. My experience is that every upgrade of Windows runs slower than the previous version. Sigh

You can see what's using memory with the task manager.

Have you defragged lately? That can help.

Can you add two more gigs of memory? I read years ago that having memory in multiples of four works better, although I can't remember why.

I'm not finding Windows 10 slow at all, but I just started using it on the new laptop.

You can see what's using memory with the task manager.

Have you defragged lately? That can help.

Can you add two more gigs of memory? I read years ago that having memory in multiples of four works better, although I can't remember why.

I'm not finding Windows 10 slow at all, but I just started using it on the new laptop.
Another problem may be too many programs running in background. Go to your start menu and see what you have checked. Type msconfig in the search box and uncheck any programs you do not want running.

I'm waiting for Himself to route us to our next fuel stop. For the car, not ourselves. Gas in New Jersey is running about $1.67 a gallon AND all stations are full service. After that, we get to eat at our favorite place along the route - Blue Colony Diner in Newtown CT. Then our own beds tonight. :D

Have a fun and safe rest of your trip, CG! :flowers:

DH has whatever sleeping sickness I suffered from a few days ago. He had to take the day off work. I'm still a bit groggy myself, but managed to unload my travel purse and reload my regular purse. Travel is getting hard on us middle-agers!

Looking forward to our "fishinar" tonight. It's a webinar that goes over the more obscure fish and other sealife of Cozumel. We're pretty good with identifying the usual suspects, so this should be fun.

I have just finished making some sweets for my brother - toasted macadamia nuts that I then coat in plain choc. They have now set so packing them into a decorative box for him.

DH has whatever sleeping sickness I suffered from a few days ago. He had to take the day off work. I'm still a bit groggy myself, but managed to unload my travel purse and reload my regular purse. Travel is getting hard on us middle-agers!

Looking forward to our "fishinar" tonight. It's a webinar that goes over the more obscure fish and other sealife of Cozumel. We're pretty good with identifying the usual suspects, so this should be fun.

Maybe it's time to move, YOLO! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you C G, I will try.
Thanks, menumaker! If you do have the time to keep us updated, perhaps you could follow Princess Fiona's and bethzaring's leads and start a thread dedicated to your new home. It would make a nice record of the project for you; and if you're posting pics, you can always look back to "remember when". ;)

Have a fun and safe rest of your trip, CG! :flowers:
Thanks, Cheryl. Us old buzzards landed at home about 9:00 PM. Maybe an hour later, Himself and I were listening to three! Great Horned Owls hooting up a storm. They had to be just at the back edge of our yard from the sound of it - maybe 100-150 feet from our house!

When we called Loverly to let her know we made it home safely, she told us she put in an extra hour at work tonight because she knew she was coming home to an empty house. :heart: When I said we'd be back later this year she said "don't make it take too long". Aw, our daughter misses us!!! I guess Himself and I had really better get working on this place so we can move back and make someone happy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom