What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hee hee... I make my own, a second bottle is not a problem!

Thanks Taxy, you know I will! ;)

LPB - why thank you - I will toast you as I raise your glass (or two) :LOL:

and then.... comes the fun

img_1483609_0_69398c5eb52a6457949ba20220abb758.gif

HAHAHA...Too funny!!!
Hope those male strippers are easy one the eyes.No wait...Everything looks better after a few.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Family day went extremely well. They were very impressed with pics that we showed of all of our doings this past weekend.We even gave them advice on an app that people can use on their phones to remind them to take their B/P and medications.I don't think they are too concerned about his safety/ welfare after he comes home. They already know we've been involved the whole time. He has a great support system.His prescriptions that he'll need have already been picked up.

Lil' Sophie's pen came today while I was gone.She loves it!
My youngest son had her mastered on how to get in and out of it in just a few minutes. Mom came home and put her bed and stuff in it that made it all the more better.My son sent me this pic while we were on the road.
She didn't know what to do about that new feeling mesh door.

QRJTQwy.jpg

imJPaHA.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a success! I managed to go to the vet's and get Violet's medicine, food and Monkey's treats. Then I got to the Pet food store for canned food for both and I didn't leave my keys in the ignition and drain the battery (which happened last time I picked up food from there).

The only mishap was having a sample of a brownie and now have a migraine headache the size of Texas. No, not at the pet store, I did stop in at the grocery store for a couple of items. LOL

I got a blog post written and some social media stuff taken care of so I can relax and watch Code Black now.

I didn't do anything I wanted to get done today. I just am tired of being tired and in pain...I hope no one is offended by my venting. I just needed to be real and thought it was time I was completely open and honest...
Aw, LP, you need one of these:
hug2-smiley.gif
We love ya even on your crabby days. Sometimes complaining about what ails makes one feel a little better. As a bonus, it just might make those of us with fewer problems consider how blessed we are.

As a plus, I'm glad to read that the brownie you sampled was in the people food store and not the pet store. ;) It reminds me of the time... :whistling:

...Last night I got one too many txt's from people saying that they were going to drop by Thursday and see him.
What's bothering me is they didn't ask! We've been on a roller coaster ride. A lot of things to do.
I really don't want people here! It's not the time. I resent that they haven't even considered his heath and our family's needs at all!...
Munky, I'm glad you passed muster with the hospital folks. Must make you feel good that you are so very ready to take on fixin' your mister up. Congrats, Lady!

Now, about those intruders. If I were you, I would text back to let them know that they can visit when YOU give the OK, doctor's orders. You know if you don't reply they will consider your silence to mean it's OK to visit. Nuh-huh. When YOU say OK. If they show up at the door, either shoo them away or pretend you aren't home. :LOL: Your DH's health is more important than nosy friends. If they can't understand that, well then they just weren't good enough friends.

I say post Sophie (what a cutie!) at the door. She can bite ankles if someone's foot makes it through the doorway. BwaHaHa!

1.Repair man came yesterday...

2. Turned the oven on...realize it isn't heating...

3. Thermostat for propane fireplace went on the whacko...

4. Had tires changed over...Tire light came on...take it back this Fri.

5. To top it all off - got pneumonia...
Good Lord, dragn, you are the living embodiment of the saying "if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all". :ermm: Seems like everything is breaking for you BUT your pneumonia. I hope you and all you mechanical things are back in working order quick. :flowers:

And I graduated as a Master Food Volunteer today! It was a really fun class. DH gave me this beautiful graduation gift, signed by the author :wub:
Ooops GG, I had forgotten your post in the shuffle of posts by LP, Munky, and dragn. :neutral: Can't miss out, though, on saying "congratulations"! What a wonderful gift, too. You've got yourself one honey of a beekeeping hubby. :cool:

Ooops GG, I had forgotten your post in the shuffle of posts by LP, Munky, and dragn. :neutral: Can't miss out, though, on saying "congratulations"! What a wonderful gift, too. You've got yourself one honey of a beekeeping hubby. :cool:

Thank you so much! :winkiss: I had a great time in the class, learned some new things and I'm ready to start volunteering with the Family and Consumer Sciences extension agent.

And yes, my honey is a keeper :wub:

Congrats GG, it makes learning so much easier when it is interesting and fun!

But now could you explain just exactly what the class was for? What did it entail? Family and Consumer Sciences? How to shop wisely?

We don't have those 'extension service' offices here, or if we do I don't know what the service is called.

Family and Consumer Sciences is a branch of the Cooperative Extension Service. The others are agriculture & gardening and 4-H. FCS agents, with their volunteers, educate the public on nutrition, healthy eating, movement and exercise, and personal finance. How to shop wisely and on a budget is part of it. Volunteers can get additional training on preserving food (which is my particular interest), financial counseling, exercise and some other areas. The more I learn about it, the more fascinating I find it.

As far as I know, the United States is the only country with a federally sponsored program like this.

Thank you!

So often I see comments (not only on DC but other places) where they say - 'Check with your local Extension Office'. I've never fully understood what they were.
I know in agriculture I often will ask at my co-op a question about something and they check with an agent of some sort (usually an inspector for grains, etc).
When the reference was for something to do with cooking, which it often was, for eg. pressure cooking standards, I can't think of where we would go for info.

So, I will sleep wiser tonight. Thank you.

Family and Consumer Sciences is a branch of the Cooperative Extension Service. The others are agriculture & gardening and 4-H. FCS agents, with their volunteers, educate the public on nutrition, healthy eating, movement and exercise, and personal finance. How to shop wisely and on a budget is part of it. Volunteers can get additional training on preserving food (which is my particular interest), financial counseling, exercise and some other areas. The more I learn about it, the more fascinating I find it.

As far as I know, the United States is the only country with a federally sponsored program like this.

How fun and Congratulations! I lived at the County Extension office while I was in 4-H. Have stopped off to ask questions about gardening here in Goshen County. Nice folks!

This program sounds remarkably like the EFNEP program I used to work for; The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program administered through the Cooperative Extension Service. I worked in the homes of low income folks teaching nutrition, gardening, menu planning, grocery shopping and food preservation. I believe this program is still in existence. It is a paid position, if anyone is interested in checking it out for a rewarding job opportunity.

This program sounds remarkably like the EFNEP program I used to work for; The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program administered through the Cooperative Extension Service. I worked in the homes of low income folks teaching nutrition, gardening, menu planning, grocery shopping and food preservation. I believe this program is still in existence. It is a paid position, if anyone is interested in checking it out for a rewarding job opportunity.

This varies from state to state. Funding from the USDA is supplemented by funding from states and sometimes localities. As far as I know, in Virginia, the only paid education positions are the Cooperative Extension agents.

Busting Dad Out.

Made sure the truck has plenty of gas and 2 drivers.Just in case one gets tired.

Today's the day.Were leaving now.:heart:

Munky Badger

Back
Top Bottom