What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh jeez, Whiska, you sure had your hands full! Good for you for being semi-upright and coherent!

Whiskadoodle, I also had bouncer, my own kid not grand kids, 4 years on she still bounces. Yes, kids can be tiresome but you have the luxury to hand them back when you are tired.

But arent they lovely.

...We baby sat the grand kids, 18 month and 6 months old.... A one hour nap, not to be confused with Jr's nap time, they did not coincide.

I am Wiped Out.
You "babysat"? Does that mean you get paid to watch the grands? :huh: When my folks would come over and say they were babysitting I set them straight: sitters got paid money, grandparents did it for hugs and kisses, so it was just "grandparenting". :LOL: I feel your pain, though. It was a long time coming before our twins slept at the same time, nap or nighttime. We went through a sleep deprivation study that first year...

Sadly, I'm sitting at the table in our kitchen. We should be halfway to our daughter's right now, though. :( Himself lost the fight with the cold, and he seems to be at peak yuckiness today. Since I was back to normal with activities the next day, I figure we won't be leaving for OH until Thursday. He'll need two days to feel human, seeing as he's a guy and it takes guys longer to feel better...;)

You "babysat"? Does that mean you get paid to watch the grands? :huh: When my folks would come over and say they were babysitting I set them straight: sitters got paid money, grandparents did it for hugs and kisses, so it was just "grandparenting".

we won't be leaving for OH until Thursday. He'll need two days to feel human, seeing as he's a guy and it takes guys longer to feel better...;)

Well, technically and literally it's Grandparenting. And a full day of pleasure it is! I don't know that either of us call it "baby sitting", except here in this thread, as much as taking care of the kids for the day. We've been doing this for quite a few weeks. Parents get a discount if the grands are signed up for daycare 4 days instead of 5. Any more days out, and they would pay full price. Can't figure the day-care's math, but I don't need to. I just found today's excursion more tiring than usual. Hence I went to bed early, and am now up and rested at... 2am.
---

Better make some more soup like you made for the kids as your hubs is probably completely utterly down for the count. I know. I've had it and besides, I'm a guy.:LOL:

Last edited:
You "babysat"? Does that mean you get paid to watch the grands? :huh: When my folks would come over and say they were babysitting I set them straight: sitters got paid money, grandparents did it for hugs and kisses, so it was just "grandparenting". :LOL: I feel your pain, though. It was a long time coming before our twins slept at the same time, nap or nighttime. We went through a sleep deprivation study that first year...

Sadly, I'm sitting at the table in our kitchen. We should be halfway to our daughter's right now, though. :( Himself lost the fight with the cold, and he seems to be at peak yuckiness today. Since I was back to normal with activities the next day, I figure we won't be leaving for OH until Thursday. He'll need two days to feel human, seeing as he's a guy and it takes guys longer to feel better...;)

Sorry CG! He needs Jewish Penicillin to get him going faster...

More simply put. Love is love.

--
We baby sat the grand kids, 18 month and 6 months old. The younger likes to be continuously held and bounced. Or just bounce in his bouncy seat. The only times he was quiet was when he had a bottle (twice) and two 20 minute naps. The 18 month old is just Busy, and she likes 1:1 attention, playing or taking you by the hand to show you something. We each took her bundled up and sledding around the block a couples times. A one hour nap, not to be confused with Jr's nap time, they did not coincide.

I am Wiped Out.

But the best part is yet to come. They get to go home with Mommy and Daddy. And yes, I know. You wouldn't give up one second of the time you have with them.

I envy you. All my grandkids live to far away or are all grown up. Including the great grandkids.

Sorry CG! He needs Jewish Penicillin to get him going faster...
We had chicken soup loaded with garlic (and veggies) over the weekend. It didn't keep the germs away. I have to say, though, that after last night's kielbasa and sauerkraut, all those good microbes in the kraut and garlic in the sausage seem to be doing the trick! Now if he would just try the cough syrup from the pharmacy instead of the one from the adult beverage store...

...Himself lost the fight with the cold, and he seems to be at peak yuckiness today. Since I was back to normal with activities the next day, I figure we won't be leaving for OH until Thursday...
Well, I'm over with the crying for today. Seems that Himself's cough is so bad I can almost see cartoon lungs waggling in front of him as he coughs. There is no way he'll be good to drive/ride come Thursday. And there is no way I want to travel on the two busiest days before Christmas. :wacko: Guess we'll be stuck in MA for Christmas, since I can't see Himself being OK enough to travel until Monday, at the earliest. Haven't been just the two of us for years. Hoping this is the last time we'll be doing that!

Well, I'm over with the crying for today. Seems that Himself's cough is so bad I can almost see cartoon lungs waggling in front of him as he coughs. There is no way he'll be good to drive/ride come Thursday. And there is no way I want to travel on the two busiest days before Christmas. :wacko: Guess we'll be stuck in MA for Christmas, since I can't see Himself being OK enough to travel until Monday, at the earliest. Haven't been just the two of us for years. Hoping this is the last time we'll be doing that!

I'm sorry, CG - I know how disappointing this must be for you :(

Thanks, GG. I had my cry, yelled at Himself, we air-kissed and made up, and now I need to get busy. My fridge is empty! My clothes are in the car trunk! I'm finally ready to leave for a trip ahead of time...and now I have to unpack some stuff so I don't go nekkid. I hate to clothes shop, so I don't have enough stock to leave a lot behind.

And DANG! I'mma gonna have to do another couple loads of laundry. :glare: All those empty baskets in the laundry area looked so nice...

I am so stuffed I can't breathe so great. Waiting for cold medicine to kick in. Doctor Who on for background.

I just finished a present for my upstairs neighbour...that I started 4 years ago! It got lost when we were shuffling rooms around, packing to move, etc. It is a crocheted tree with glued on "lights" and ornaments. I will try to take a picture but my phone is almost dead.

I was go I g to can some beef but I didn't have as much as I thought I did. So I fired up the dehydrator and sliced some for jerky. Then I made a big ole pot of beef stew. It turned out more like soup then stew but it was really good. I can't use any flour to thicken it and I had to leave out the barley because of Jaspers allergies. Nobody missed it.

I'm going to spending a lot of time in this seat for the for seeable future. Were hauling ag lime for the fields. For we have 30 trips for ourselves but we are helping another trucking company right now. Then manure hauling will start up. I always get a few hundred loads of that.
1221161422.jpg

I was go I g to can some beef but I didn't have as much as I thought I did. So I fired up the dehydrator and sliced some for jerky. Then I made a big ole pot of beef stew. It turned out more like soup then stew but it was really good. I can't use any flour to thicken it and I had to leave out the barley because of Jaspers allergies. Nobody missed it.

I'm going to spending a lot of time in this seat for the for seeable future. Were hauling ag lime for the fields. For we have 30 trips for ourselves but we are helping another trucking company right now. Then manure hauling will start up. I always get a few hundred loads of that.
View attachment 25888

I hope you can squeeze Christmas in between all that activity. Merry Christmas!

Watching one of my great-grandsons today. He fell at school yesterday right on his face. Thank goodness he didn't break his nose. He was in ER for 3 hours, poor kid. His is getting two black eyes and his nose and upper lip are all swollen. Thank goodness the Christmas holidays start at school tomorrow.

Watching one of my great-grandsons today. He fell at school yesterday right on his face. Thank goodness he didn't break his nose. He was in ER for 3 hours, poor kid. His is getting two black eyes and his nose and upper lip are all swollen. Thank goodness the Christmas holidays start at school tomorrow.

When a child gets hurt, it is always harder on the grownups than the child. I bet he milks this for all he can. And I hope he succeeds. I think he deserves an extra present under the tree. Poor baby.

He'll never forget this Christmas, with all of the pictures. I hope Santa is extra good to him for it, El J.

I took the day off to clean! Yay?

I hate cleaning, but we have to make the house presentable for all of our guests coming this weekend. DW keeps an immaculate house (you could perform surgery in any room), so I have to clean the carpets, cat litter box areas, and parrots' room today so that they are spotless.

Because, you know, cats and birds are excellent surgeons and you never know.

Last edited:
I just had one of those days where I really should have curled up and hid under the covers.

Oh well of all the things I was doin, only the gingerbread house didnt fail.

He is being really good. Other than the pain ( he is taking Advil Junior Strength Chewable ) for that. He is having some problem breathing through the nose. He is having no problem eating, :yum:, he just finished eating some Jimmy Dean Pancake and Sausage on a Stick.

Poor kid. They bounce back pretty quick tho. I wish I could heal that fast again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom