What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on folks! Haven't you ever watched the first season of "Vikings", when Athelstan was living with Ragnar and Lagertha?:ermm:

Or "Paint Your Wagon". Frankly, I have enough trouble dealing with just one man. Not sure I could deal with two.

Last edited:
Dawgluver, that is when I send both men away to do stuff together and then they come happier both of them.

Wow! go away for a day and the conversation sure changes! :LOL:

I am wiped out after going to a doctor appointment this morning then to the store to pick up a couple of prescriptions. I also picked up a chicken and salads so I wouldn't have to cook (but that's for a different thread).

Next on my list is a nap! :sleep:

FB_IMG_1482187053831.jpg

Put LED lights on the back of my old beater. Then found out the transfer case is out in my good pickup. So I will driving the beater for a while. I'm just glad its not camping season. My good pickup is the only thing I can pull the camper with.

There are some things I just don't want to know about others.

Anyhoo, today I am cleaning out the fridge. I had leftover squash from the weekend, no chicken leftover, so I whirled that in the FP, roasted up some carrot, celery, apple, and 1/2 of a pear, added that the the squash-fennel-onion lemon mix. That will be a creamed soup either for lunch or supper. I am going to toss some limpa bread croutons with some of the seasoning from the chicken-squash dish and toast those. I dry roasted the seeds from the squash, so might add those to the topping of the soup or add those to the salad. I did add some of the seasoning from the chicken-squash to those as well, just forgot to sprinkle them on the chicken-squash-kale. I will serve the with a dollop of Norwegian sour cream (whipping cream to which buttermilk is added...generally speaking) and the croutons. I also put a beef heart in the pressure cooker and pickled that for heart sandwiches. My Dad likes those, as do I. Once Dad leaves for curling, the rest of the baking will get done.

Last edited:
You don't have to be Swedish to value emotions.
I value emotions, too. I was just surprised to learn of the arrangement. I know divorced couples who live together, I know my DH and I had three houses and preferred to not live together all the time, I know others who live on opposite sides of the country, but I don't think I know anyone else who has both a husband and a boyfriend. Whatever works for you.

I value emotions, too. I was just surprised to learn of the arrangement. I know divorced couples who live together, I know my DH and I had three houses and preferred to not live together all the time, I know others who live on opposite sides of the country, but I don't think I know anyone else who has both a husband and a boyfriend. Whatever works for you.

You know that was directed to CakePoet and not you, right?

I get tired of people saying things like, "I'm (Swedish/Irish/Italian/whatever) and therefore I (do this/value that/make the best) whatever. There are many universal human traits and skills. Pasta-making is not exclusive to Italians. Bread-making is not exclusive to the French. Enthusiastically feeding people is not exclusive to the Greeks. Valuing emotion is not exclusive to the Swedish.

I have 5 smoked ham hocks in the instantpot cooking for the split pea soup later.

Gotgarlic: People have this misconception that Swedes are more about pursuits of the flesh then emotions, we are all blond, blue eyes and star in questionable movies and then I dont mean Tarzan. ;)

Anyway, I have 4 pig trotters that need to get roasted before being turned into Christmas food.

Last edited:
My bursitis in both shoulders (thanks years of working a slicing machine in delis and also a "generator" at an optical lab (machine using a cutting diamond to cut the curves into eye glass lens) decided to start acting up. The cortisone shots have worn off. So I am going to try to take a nap before taking on the peeling and chopping for dinner.

It is supposed to warm up the next few days so maybe I will get a pain break for a few days.

Gotgarlic: People have this misconception that Swedes are more about pursuits of the flesh then emotions, we are all blond, blue eyes and star in questionable movies and then I dont mean Tarzan. ;)

Anyway, I have 4 pig trotters that need to get roasted before being turned into Christmas food.

I guess I don't go around looking at people as stereotypes. I was pretty confused by your response to buckytom in another thread.

More simply put. Love is love.

--
We baby sat the grand kids, 18 month and 6 months old. The younger likes to be continuously held and bounced. Or just bounce in his bouncy seat. The only times he was quiet was when he had a bottle (twice) and two 20 minute naps. The 18 month old is just Busy, and she likes 1:1 attention, playing or taking you by the hand to show you something. We each took her bundled up and sledding around the block a couples times. A one hour nap, not to be confused with Jr's nap time, they did not coincide.

I am Wiped Out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom