What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. Linus Pauling said the same thing in the '70s. He took megadoses of Vitamin C and then died of cancer. Aside from that, it can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, kidney stones and other unpleasantness. And it can interfere with the metabolism of some medications.

That's exactly why I am doing my own research before writing my review of the movie. I have heard all of that as well. The differences that these doctors and scientists are maintaining are administering the vitamin C via IV. On doctor said he gave he wife 300 treatments and she felt very healthy...until she died of her breast cancer. :ermm:

That's exactly why I am doing my own research before writing my review of the movie. I have heard all of that as well. The differences that these doctors and scientists are maintaining are administering the vitamin C via IV. On doctor said he gave he wife 300 treatments and she felt very healthy...until she died of her breast cancer. :ermm:

That's different from what Pauling did, but there have been more recent "studies" using IV Vitamin C that seemed to show there is only a mild therapeutic effect at toxic doses.

The money quote: "One thing is fairly clear from the data reported thus far, even Mark Levine’s data and his calls to “revisit” the question of vitamin C and cancer with an “open mind”: If high-dose intravenous ascorbate has antitumor activity in humans, that activity is almost certainly quite modest at best, and to achieve even such modest antitumor activity *definitely* requires incredibly high-doses of ascorbate. Once again, I point out that any other experimental drug requiring such high plasma concentrations and high-doses to achieve such a modest antitumor effect would probably garner very little interest from anyone, even if it were a potentially patentable product of big pharma. It’s possible that high-dose IV ascorbate *might* ultimately find its way into the armamentarium of science-based oncology, but it’s very unlikely ever to become a mainstay of treatment for any malignancy. It’s just too wimpy."
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/high-dose-vitamin-c-and-cancer-has-linus-pauling-been-vindicated/

How are you doing your own research on cancer treatment?

Thanks, Taxy & GG.

And to others, please know that I am not in favour of this movie. I just mentioned it to see what others thought. I have been leaning toward the negative. There were some good points in there as well - it was not JUST about vitamin C.

I really do want your comments. I just didn't want anyone to think I am buying into this or that I posted it to cause conflict. I think those that have known me over the last almost 10 years know I try to put out fires, not start them! :angel:

How are you doing your own research on cancer treatment?

I am not doing research on cancer treatment. I am checking out the people who were on the film and the studies that were done as well as negative studies on the same subjects. I made tons of notes so I am giving Google a good workout!

To All:
I think I want to stop this conversation now. If you want to know my findings PM me and I will be happy to let you know.

Last edited:
Thanks, Taxy & GG.

And to others, please know that I am not in favour of this movie. I just mentioned it to see what others thought. I have been leaning toward the negative. There were some good points in there as well - it was not JUST about vitamin C.

I really do want your comments. I just didn't want anyone to think I am buying into this or that I posted it to cause conflict. I think those that have known me over the last almost 10 years know I try to put out fires, not start them! :angel:

I wasn't sure whether you were in favor or not, but I don't see any conflict - just discussion :) I'm confused that you say you want comments but don't want to talk about it :ermm: But in any case, I need to go to sleep now. It's way late here :LOL: Good night :sleep:

I wasn't sure whether you were in favor or not, but I don't see any conflict - just discussion :) I'm confused that you say you want comments but don't want to talk about it :ermm: But in any case, I need to go to sleep now. It's way late here :LOL: Good night :sleep:

Ya, sorry. I did want comments but I got a tooth that just went into overdrive pain wise on top of my fibro and other pain so I guess I got a little touchy. Sorry to confuse you, GG. I will be better after I knock myself out with a couple of T3's.

Sweet dreams! :)

PS for morning! I did find out some interesting info on Pauling's findings. I can either share it privately or start a new thread! We will see what the morning brings!

CWS, I totally understand how you are feeling. I was Dad's caregiver for over 4 years. Even when he was in the hospital I was not "off duty", going back and forth with things, dealing with the doctors, etc.

I am sending you lots of love, hugs, thoughts and prayers.
Yeah, I just need to vent every now and again. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else than taking care of Mom. Love her so. I just get so tired.

What am I doing...tap tap tap, I just got back from confronting a "neighbor" that lives a country block away. We are building an unusual house for this area and a more mature man drove around the building, and walked around inside without bothering to find someone to speak to about it. We are renting the house next door. My husband saw his vehicle but didn't see him walk inside, so I went to make sure this man was ok, and "did he need anything". He fessed up, but my goodness. I was scared we'd have to make sure no one spray painted the inside of the house, now, with only two weeks to go, I have to worry about adults joy-riding around on top of my septic lines and such. Meh. I told him come back in two weeks to look at it when it was finished, that was when he said "I already walked through it".

I am listening to a four year old having a total meltdown over the fact that her W doesnt have proper bunny ears....

I am not sure what she means, but it better to leave her alone.

I am waiting for a call-back from a dentist referral. My dentist doesn't do the "difficult" extractions on me because my teeth can crumble easily and this other dentist is a master at it. He took out two teeth last year in about 15 minutes! I mean I was in the chair for 15 minutes total!

I just want them all out and be done with it!

So, I apologize to GG and Taxy for last night with the vitamin C issue. I have decided I am not doing the review. I wasn't committed to it. All I got out of it was a free viewing of it with the offer of a purchase discount if I wrote a (good) review. I am still skeptical. And I appreciate all the input I got. :)

I am listening to a four year old having a total meltdown over the fact that her W doesnt have proper bunny ears....

I am not sure what she means, but it better to leave her alone.

It means the two outer lines are loops that are round at the top and taper in at the bottom so they, well look like bunny ears. I have had experience with this one! :LOL:

What am I doing...tap tap tap, I just got back from confronting a "neighbor" that lives a country block away...I told him come back in two weeks to look at it when it was finished, that was when he said "I already walked through it".

Neighbors are nosy. What can I say? ? If your new home is only two weeks away from completion, why is it still unlocked? We've built three houses (please, dear Lord, just one more...?), albeit not out in the country but in the exburbs. Each one was locked up once windows were in and drywall was about to go up. Might be a good idea to talk to your builder. Good luck with the rest of the building process and your move across the side yards. Will you be posting photos? If not, we just might all show up to have our own DC walk-through! ?

We dont use W in Swedish but she is learning to write in English. She wants it to be perfect ... and have tantrums

Stopped at Wegmans for lunch and to get a rotisserie chicken. They're the same price as Costco's but about half the size.

We dont use W in Swedish but she is learning to write in English. She wants it to be perfect ... and have tantrums
Have they put it in the alphabet? The Danes did, in 1980. Before that it was considered a variant of the letter V and only used in a few names and in foreign words. I used to love telling English speakers that Danish had three extra vowels in their alphabet for a total of nine vowels and 28 letters for the whole alphabet. :ermm: :LOL:

Yeah, I just need to vent every now and again. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else than taking care of Mom. Love her so. I just get so tired.

Cw, there is a trick new mothers use. When baby naps, so does mother. The house will be there when you wake up. Get some rest. Take a nap with Mom. You deserve it.

CWS I totally agree with Addie. You need to take naps when you can. I would often lay down when Dad had his afternoon naps. I still have them and I don't have him to look after anymore, but since I am up writing this at 3:30 am, I guess the naps are needed. :)

Take care of yourself or you are no good for anyone.

W is used most in surnames and when people wants to be fancy with names and in some borrow words or word based on surnames. It is pronounced like V in Sweden.

And yes we also have Å,Ä and Ö and noo they are not version of A or O, they have their own sound.

Back
Top Bottom