What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope your back straightens out soon, Farmer Jon. Kinda hard to farm lying down...

I'm freezing. All I want to do is crawl under the layers of covers and hide until the sun comes out. I guess I'll kick the temperature up on the furnace instead. Thankfully I'm married to the guy I am, because had I married his cousin I would freeze. He firmly believes that the furnace goes off on May 1 and never gets turned back on until Nov. 1 or later, depending on temperatures. Granted, he and his wife live in Williamsburg, but still!

Flew another Pilots & Paws mission. This time is was 2 cute Yorkies from California Central Valley to Las Vegas. You cannot go direct because of the China Lake Weapons Test Restricted Area. Cheryl will vouch for that.
Met another pilot in Van Nuys, and he flew them up to Las Vegas to their new home.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 88
Flew another Pilots & Paws mission. This time is was 2 cute Yorkies from California Central Valley to Las Vegas. You cannot go direct because of the China Lake Weapons Test Restricted Area. Cheryl will vouch for that.
Met another pilot in Van Nuys, and he flew them up to Las Vegas to their new home.
You are a super star! [emoji813]

What would you live on for the next two years?

That's what I asked my mom. People just never think back problems are serious, for some reason. My brothers think I'm faking the back problems. They should have seen me last night when I had to do dishes while resting my elbows on the edge of the sink because it was so painful to stand.

What's really worrying are the laws coming out now that have work requirements for "able-bodied" people on welfare and food stamps. It's not that I don't disagree with those laws so much, it's just that they're blanketing the population as a whole.

It took me 4 1/2 years before I was declared disabled, but before that I would have been considered able-bodied. But there was no way I would have been able to work even a two hour day without major pain.

I don't know what they expect people to do.

But next month I won't be getting food stamps, well, I will, but just a couple of dollars, and I can't tell you all how happy I am that I can shop for food again like a normal person.

And speaking of food, now it's time to take dinner out of the oven.

And I think those puppies are adorable, too.

Last edited:
That's what I asked my mom. People just never think back problems are serious, for some reason. My brothers think I'm faking the back problems. They should have seen me last night when I had to do dishes while resting my elbows on the edge of the sink because it was so painful to stand.
I guess I'm confused because you said she has a point.

What's really worrying are the laws coming out now that have work requirements for "able-bodied" people on welfare and food stamps. It's not that I don't disagree with those laws so much, it's just that they're blanketing the population as a whole.

Those changes are being proposed but I don't think they'll pass Congress.

Goofing off here. Which I should not be doing. I have various bowls and pans with all kinds of "in progress" food things, but I wanted to sit for a few minutes. Gotta get going soon, or I'll be baking at midnight.

Time for me to come in and do inside stuff. If it doesn't rain, I will be watering before it gets dark.

We just schlepped a bunch of books outside, to be picked up early tomorrow by a local charity. We're both pooped, so we ordered Indian food, 'cause no one wants to cook. But, Yay! for getting rid of books, including an Encyclopedia Britannica.

Our weather just underwent a radical change. We've had three days of high temps and then this afternoon the wind came up, clouds are here, and it looks like a regular thunderstorm is brewing. We had 92° here yesterday and for tomorrow and the next week it's supposed to not get over 65.

I guess I'm confused because you said she has a point.

I said that on account of all the paperwork (and I received another pile today). It's like if someone offered to buy your kids from you the day they started a fire in the garage and let the parakeet fly out the window. You'd never sell them in real life, but you might consider it on that particular day. :LOL:

I am enjoying working on the computer in our brand new office in our new place. I am situated facing out the window. There is a building across the way but I can't see in (nor can they see me) because of the beautiful trees between. It is so nice in here. It is a small room for two desks and a bunch of "stuff" but with a 9' high ceiling it feels much bigger than it is. We are going to put some shelves on the walls.

Getting Mom up in about 10 minutes so she can do her morning things, then we are going to the laundromat and a grocery store that she gets a Sr. citizen discount in on Thursdays. They've got value packs of chicken thighs on sale for 79 cents a pound so I'm getting one, and some boneless-skinless chicken breasts for her. Also going to get some italian dressing if they have it on sale today.

I just finished placing a grocery order online.

Are you getting them delivered or picking them up? I have done both. I put in an order for pickup earlier and TB is picking it up as I type!:)

I am also making a pot of chicken corn chowder as it is raining here.

Are you getting them delivered or picking them up? I have done both. I put in an order for pickup earlier and TB is picking it up as I type![emoji2]

I am also making a pot of chicken corn chowder as it is raining here.
They were delivered. I get the senior's discount on delivery. If I can be bothered to schlep my carcass to the store, I want to pick and choose and read labels. Stirling never learned to drive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom