What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got all my sprinklers set up. Mother nature is teasing us today. Been cloudy all day. I ran some sprinklers just in case it don't rain. We are due for a storm.

Last night I saw the system headed for you guys, missed us by a mile to the north, surprised you didn't get anything from it. It was nasty looking and had a bit of spin to it.

We just schlepped a bunch of books outside, to be picked up early tomorrow by a local charity. We're both pooped, so we ordered Indian food, 'cause no one wants to cook. But, Yay! for getting rid of books, including an Encyclopedia Britannica.

I'm hoping the facility gets it's new Activity Department set up soon so I can take them the books I have set aside.

My Niece is here for the summer. Took her to a much needed dentist appointment today, two root canals. Next week, Mom and I head to Laramie to pick up my Sister for a week. I'll be on vacation.

My Niece is here for the summer. Took her to a much needed dentist appointment today, two root canals. Next week, Mom and I head to Laramie to pick up my Sister for a week. I'll be on vacation.

"Next week...I'll be on vacation."

You deserve it.

What a full schedule you have. Are you sure you'll get enough "vacation" in?

Last edited:
Were getting ready to go on vacation also. Making the annual trip to Kentucky and hang out with the in-laws. We were going to leave the camper at home to save some money. But. My mother-in-laws sister moved in with her. Brought her 2 kids, her father in law and her boy friend. Yes you read that right. Her self. Her 2 kids. Her husbads dad. And her boyfriend.....Her husband is a drug addict that everyone is afraid of and the cops said stay away from him. Ummm yea I'm bringing the camper. I don't care how much extra it costs. I ain't staying in that mad house.

I stood in the Kroger parking lot trying to unlock my car with the fob. None of the buttons worked. C'mon, man, work.

Suddenly noticed the roof racks. I don't have roof racks. I look around. My car is two rows over. :ermm:

Other than the roof racks, exactly like my car. MINI CooperS, Laser Blue with white roof and white stripes.B

CD:LOL:

I received a jury duty notice in the mail today. Went online and found I'm disqualified because of my age (if I want to be). I filed a request online and received a confirmation that I don't have to serve. All done in less than an hour.

I've been called many times over the years and served once on a jury. I've also been relieved from appearing a couple of times at the last minute because jurors were not needed. It's someone else's turn now.

I turned my call to jury duty over to the secretary at my health care facility in Winthrop. The sent a letter signed by my doctor that I cannot sit for long periods due to the graft on my leg and circulation difficulties.

I turned my call to jury duty over to the secretary at my health care facility in Winthrop. The sent a letter signed by my doctor that I cannot sit for long periods due to the graft on my leg and circulation difficulties.

That works too. But if you're over 70, you can choose not to serve just because.

I stood in the Kroger parking lot trying to unlock my car with the fob. None of the buttons worked. C'mon, man, work.

Suddenly noticed the roof racks. I don't have roof racks. I look around. My car is two rows over. :ermm:

Other than the roof racks, exactly like my car. MINI CooperS, Laser Blue with white roof and white stripes.B

CD:LOL:

I have a problem finding my car in the parking lot sometimes. It's a PT Cruiser and you'd think it would stand out. Uh-uh. It looks like a big car to me, but it's amazing how small it is compared to all those huge SUVs. I can look down an entire row of SUVs and not see it till I'm walking past it. Which I've done once or twice. OK, maybe more than twice.:ermm:

I am home right now enjoying a quiet afternoon and just taking in all the changes that are happening. Last month I was going to get a call from Social Security for an interview and I had to scrape together $10 to put minutes on my phone.

Yesterday I opened up a checking and savings account with MONEY in them from the first installment of the back pay (first time I've had any bank accounts in 9 years - first savings account ever), I will be getting two more large checks within the next three weeks, I still have this month's food stamps and cash on my EBT card, a roll of quarters (this is important - no more scrounging for quarters to do laundry), and a little more than $100 in cash in my pocket.

Of course, next month the car needs to be fixed, my rent goes up, the food stamps all but stop, I broke a tooth the day after my Medicare started, and I won't be getting any more state disability, but I still feel like I won a lottery.

Last edited:
We are trying to empty as many boxes as possible. This has a double reward.

1. we are closer to having a normal house
  2. we can take more flattened boxes to TB's parents tomorrow when we go there for lunch. They will be moving in a year or so and since two of their offspring are moving (TB's sister and BIL move to their new place in July), they figure they will stock up on boxes now!

Suddenly noticed the roof racks. I don't have roof racks. I look around. My car is two rows over...
I've done that! :LOL: When I did, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't open the door on "my" car. Then I noticed the baby seat in the back. :huh: Um, not mine! Just about then the young couple who owned the car showed up as I turned away. I told them what happened and we all laughed...then they kiddingly asked if I wanted to take their little girl with me. Turns out she didn't sleep well the night before, so they didn't sleep well. I passed on the offer. Been there, done that, didn't get a shirt and I still haven't caught up on sleep.

Add me to the club too. I'd semi-memorized my license plate #, so was usually able to get close, but now the DMV sent me a new set of plates. I do remember parking alongside 4 other cars that looked exactly like mine. I'm lucky to remember what aisle I parked in.

Princess, I was watching the news and saw that about 30 tornadoes hit Wyoming. Hope and Shrek are safe and sound. :angel:

Listening to the Today show - a congressman from LA as shot this AM in Alexandria, VA at a practice for a Congressional baseball game that is supposed to take place tomorrow. Just heard that the 10 year old son of one of the congressman was also at the practice. Don't think he was hit, though.

Got a bit of a shock at Mom's ENT appointment yesterday. She as fluid somewhere behind the eardrum, but it is not contributing to the hearing loss she is suffering. That is age and nerve related, so she can get hearing aids to help with that. With mom having had an aneurysm on the same side that she has the fluid behind the ear on, he wants her to have an MRI to make sure she is not having a slow leak from a blood vessel, a slow-forming aneurysm, or cerebral fluid building up behind the ear. If it shows up that any of these things are happening or have happened or something else neurologically related she will have to go back to the neurologist.

Listening to the Today show - a congressman from LA as shot this AM in Alexandria, VA at a practice for a Congressional baseball game that is supposed to take place tomorrow. Just heard that the 10 year old son of one of the congressman was also at the practice. Don't think he was hit, though.

Five people were hit and are at a hospital. The child was not one of them. Capitol police were there and prevented it from being worse; two of them were wounded. Someone shot at them with an automatic weapon he's in custody, probably at the hospital. Awful.

Got a bit of a shock at Mom's ENT appointment yesterday. She as fluid somewhere behind the eardrum, but it is not contributing to the hearing loss she is suffering. That is age and nerve related, so she can get hearing aids to help with that. With mom having had an aneurysm on the same side that she has the fluid behind the ear on, he wants her to have an MRI to make sure she is not having a slow leak from a blood vessel, a slow-forming aneurysm, or cerebral fluid building up behind the ear. If it shows up that any of these things are happening or have happened or something else neurologically related she will have to go back to the neurologist.

I hope it's not serious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom