What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sending up good thoughts for an easy of a transition that this can be, Ross. Glad to hear you have family support. Check in when you can, and know that we are here for you. :wub:

I've spend a lot of time on Monterey Peninsula. That is going to be hard to leave, especially for Missouri. Best wishes to you, friend.

CD

*SIGH*

See you in a few days, tinlizzy!

Attachments

• 20171110_174135.jpg
    20171110_174135.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Ross, that is definitely NOT TMI. I am glad you felt you could share. This group is family. We are here for you even when you are not able to be here yourself. While you make it sound like a very practical decision and agreeable to both, I know it can't be very easy.

Be well, my friend, and I wish safe journies, both in your travels and your life changes.

Last edited:
It is Remembrance Day here in Canada so at 11 am I will be watching the Cenotaph service from our Capital City, Victoria. I used to go with my Dad to the services every year in our hometown where we would place a wreath on behalf of our family and his store. My Dad was in WWII and my grandfather and great uncle were in WWI.

I am also working on setting up the office. It became the dumping grounds for everything in the move and I really need to find my desk and craft supplies!

The puppy, Miley, is taking up a lot of time too with trips to the park every two or three hours, three meals a day and lots of cuddles and play time! But it is great to have her!

LP?

Who is Miley and what happened to Cupcake?

I have a feeling my Lil'Monkey had something to do with it?
She's got cat class,and my cat style... Naughtyyyy:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Munky.

LP?

Who is Miley and what happened to Cupcake?

I have a feeling my Lil'Monkey had something to do with it?
She's got cat class,and my cat style... Naughtyyyy:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Munky.

:LOL:
Sorry, Munky, I mentioned the name change in the Our Pets thread but never thought to readdress it here. We spent one day calling her and referring to her as "Cupcake" only to realize we didn't like the name. It was cute, but didn't really suit her and was a mouthful to say over and over. So, we started to think of names and somehow Miley Cyrus came to mind (a bit of the wild child but something makes you like her!).

As for Monkey, she has been keeping away, for the most part until last night. She let Miley chase her only to chase her back and give a little sass doing it. Monkey showed her who's boss - you would have been proud of her. No fighting, really, just a show of force. They'll be sleeping side by side like Monkey and Violet before we know it! :cat:

With Saturday being a college football games day, and a week's worth of laundry staring at me, this was a good day for Himself to veg and for me to clean out some dirty clothes. He feels refreshed, and I have fresh undies again - it's a good day. :LOL:

Last edited:
Working in Scottsdale again today. Shot a very rare and cool car today. A Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. I only got to drive it briefly, because it had three-year-old gasoline in it. It was hard just to keep it running.

The owner couldn't fit in the car, so his wife was moving it around as I shot. When it was just her and me, we did fine, but when he stepped in, he had no patience, and she was a nervous wreck. So, I put the car back in the 40-car garage, because I can drive just about anything with and engine, and I figured she had enough anxiety for one day.

I gotta' tell you, she was a trooper, because that thing was a beast to drive, even for me. I wanted to punch him in the face once when I was guiding her, and he stepped in and started yelling, "STOP, STOP!!! I had everything under control. All he needed to do was STFU. The last thing you want to do with a nervous person in a poorly running $600-thousand dollar car is yell. I was trying to keep her calm, and really wanted for him to have something else to do.

Anyway, I managed to get some good shots.

CD

Attachments

• SaleenS7Sample01.jpg
    SaleenS7Sample01.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 96
  • SaleenS7Sample02.jpg
    SaleenS7Sample02.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 90
Three year old gas??? :wacko: Does this man not know to use fuel stabilizer? To run his car regularly? To keep a small amount of fuel in the tank if he's storing the car? Someone that dumb should not be able to afford a $600,000 car. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she sure is a beauty of a beast.

Three year old gas??? :wacko: Does this man not know to use fuel stabilizer? To run his car regularly? To keep a small amount of fuel in the tank if he's storing the car? Someone that dumb should not be able to afford a $600,000 car. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she sure is a beauty of a beast.

In fairness, the current owner just bought the car recently. He is going to have the gas drained, and refill with good fuel, and have the car tuned. I'm sure the plugs are fouled from the old fuel.

He bought this car to resell. He needs to do a few things to it over the next two months, before it goes to auction in January.

He and I would probably never become friends (very different personalities), but I'll cut him some slack on the old gas, because he seems to be really good to his cars, but just hasn't had enough time to sort this one out, yet.

CD

Tyler (7 yr. old grandson), just finished his usual after school 'snack'. Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat - the denser and 'wheatier' the bread, the more he loves it. He's never been a fan of squishy white. Sides were a cutie, grapes, carrots, Sunchips, and a glass of milk. That slender little guy sure can eat. :ohmy::LOL:

Homework is next, then we'll head out to the back yard to play baseball, and Mom will be here to pick him up at 5:30. Pretty much the same routine every school day. :wub:

Tyler (7 yr. old grandson), just finished his usual after school 'snack'. Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat - the denser and 'wheatier' the bread, the more he loves it. He's never been a fan of squishy white. Sides were a cutie, grapes, carrots, Sunchips, and a glass of milk. That slender little guy sure can eat. :ohmy::LOL:

Homework is next, then we'll head out to the back yard to play baseball, and Mom will be here to pick him up at 5:30. Pretty much the same routine every school day. :wub:

Your post reminded me of this 1950's Dinah Shore tune! "It's so nice to have a man around the house..."

LOL, Aunt Bea. :LOL: Much as I love the little guy, at least he goes home every evening and then I'm FREEEEE..... :wub: :ROFLMAO:

What a fortunate little boy. He gets to give so much joy to two homes. What do the two of you do on days when you can't spend time outside?

What a fortunate little boy. He gets to give so much joy to two homes. What do the two of you do on days when you can't spend time outside?

Thanks, Addie. This is Southern California - we can almost always be outside. :LOL:

But...on those rare days, he has plenty of puzzles, books, and toys at my house...all kinds of things to keep him busy. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom