What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat - the denser and 'wheatier' the bread, the more he loves it...
Aw, he's my soulmate! That is definitely one of my go-to comfort foods. I like being comforted a lot - until I get on the scale, that is. :LOL: Then back to apple slices with a dot of peanut butter on them.

I'm sorting and indexing all the stuff I copied from ArkivDigital this weekend. That's the Swedish genealogy site that had a free weekend. It seems my grandmother had a son I never heard about, before she left home. :ermm: I'll be looking into that.

Tyler (7 yr. old grandson), just finished his usual after school 'snack'. Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat - the denser and 'wheatier' the bread, the more he loves it. He's never been a fan of squishy white. Sides were a cutie, grapes, carrots, Sunchips, and a glass of milk. That slender little guy sure can eat. :ohmy::LOL:

Homework is next, then we'll head out to the back yard to play baseball, and Mom will be here to pick him up at 5:30. Pretty much the same routine every school day. :wub:

How blessed your are to have this little sweetheart with you and how blessed he is to have you.

Aw, he's my soulmate! That is definitely one of my go-to comfort foods. I like being comforted a lot - until I get on the scale, that is. :LOL: Then back to apple slices with a dot of peanut butter on them.

Something about a good old fashioned pb and honey sandwich! That's my go-to when I know I need to eat something, but not yet ready to cook. :) I love apple and pb, also. I'm not too worried about what the scale says....at least not yet. :LOL:

I'm sorting and indexing all the stuff I copied from ArkivDigital this weekend. That's the Swedish genealogy site that had a free weekend. It seems my grandmother had a son I never heard about, before she left home. :ermm: I'll be looking into that.

Oooh....interesting! My late aunt was really into genealogy. We used to go to the Mormon church here in town whenever she came to visit, and they were so helpful in pointing us in the right directions to find new info.

Last edited:
Been busy working on getting rid of things that we won't be taking with us.Prepping the house.

That's been taking up my knitting and DC time!:ohmy: Sometime I do sit down and take a break.

Storage is going to be a problem. The local one wants $60.00 a month for a 5'x5'. That won't even fit my dressers are they kidding? So everything that were taking will be boxed up and stored in the garage.Rent a POD.

Mr.Munk has been doing well. Therapy has been cut down to 1day a week.
He's alright with that.

Still haven't found a house.Buyers for my house are driving me nuts.
Verbal "When were ready" hasn't been good enough.We get post cards now.I feel like I'm being run out of Dodge.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Maybe this adventure can be put of until July.:angel:

I mowed the lawn this afternoon! Again. Can you believe it, November 26 in Minnesota !?! Well, it's been so mild that it grew enough for a haircut, and I mulch cut the leaves that had blown in as well.

I see new leaves coming out everywhere. It's too warm, the trees are not going dormant. I still have perennials blooming.

I secured a new manure hauling job. A couple hundred loads. Starts as soon as the new pay loader arrives. Its a crappy job but it pays $100 an hour per truck. I'm not turning that down.

We have some large cattle feedlots out here and they produce more manure than they can spread on their fields themselves. Its free you just have to pay the trucking. We have the trucks. Problem is we haul for everyone else and rarely have time to haul for ourselves.

Here is a picture of some I hauled this summer.

Attachments

• 24291788_10154786890231017_7693535351300941622_o.jpg
    24291788_10154786890231017_7693535351300941622_o.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 74
Yesterday I canned twelve quarts of turkey stock, using the organic turkey carcass from last week and my own carrots, garlic and celery.

Attachments

• DSCN6590.jpg
    DSCN6590.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 65
We're getting ready for a getaway weekend. It's a glorious bright beautiful morning and we'll be driving the short distance up the coast to Santa Barbara where we have a hotel for the night. After a nice dinner, we'll be going to the Pink Martini concert ( a little orchestra that crosses the genres of classical music, classic pop, Latin music, and jazz). Since we're big fans of theirs, we're really excited. We haven't been away for a very long time so this should be fun!

Last edited:
Yesterday I canned twelve quarts of turkey stock, using the organic turkey carcass from last week and my own carrots, garlic and celery.

That looks delicious. I make my own chicken stock from chicken carcasses. It just feels better using something home made instead of opening a can or them little card board boxes of stock.

You say you used your own carrots and celery. You must grow your own celery? I tried to and I failed. Carrots grow very well here but the celery all died.

Between treks out in the rain with Miley, my plan today is to work on making a quilted Christmas table runner for my MIL (it is so nice I wish I had gotten two kits, one for me!).

I am also taking a page out of Beth's book and pulling a half dozen chicken carcasses out of the freezer to make stock in the instant pot. Unfortunately, the veggies aren't from my garden, but everything is organic! :)

Just in from the garden where I picked a huge pot of Turnip/Mustard greens...along with 5 very large turnip roots. They are simmering and smelling goooooood! Will taste even better with a big pone of hot cornbread for supper tonight. :chef:

Not a dang thing. My computer got hacked and I am trying to not face up to it. I need to call Comcast. Twice this past week, I went to sit down at the computer and it was turned off. And it wasn't by me. I thought it may have been Windows doing it. But when my son sent me his half of the insurance payment through PayPal and it never went into my account. I knew something was wrong. I couldn't even find the email notifying me of the deposit. That also had been deleted.

That looks delicious. I make my own chicken stock from chicken carcasses. It just feels better using something home made instead of opening a can or them little card board boxes of stock.

You say you used your own carrots and celery. You must grow your own celery? I tried to and I failed. Carrots grow very well here but the celery all died.

Yes, I grow my own celery and have done so for about 35 years. It is a heavy feeder of water. You can't over water celery. Here is this mornings harvest. Starting tomorrow night the NWS is predicting single digit temperatures so I opened both hoop houses and made a harvest of celery and parsley before the hatches get buttoned down for an extended period.

Attachments

• DSCN6595.jpg
    DSCN6595.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 72
Yes, I grow my own celery and have done so for about 35 years. It is a heavy feeder of water. You can't over water celery. Here is this mornings harvest. Starting tomorrow night the NWS is predicting single digit temperatures so I opened both hoop houses and made a harvest of celery and parsley before the hatches get buttoned down for an extended period.

Beth, Jon, we never grew celery until about 6 years ago. I started some celery by cutting off the bottom of bought celery, put it in soil, in early spring, then planted it on the east side of the deck (near the kitchen). That same year, an associate at DH's work gave us 4 celery plants started by seed. So we grew them both. They were both equally prolific. They don't get WHITE and thick stalks, but thinner greener stalks, and I don't shield them from the sun or tie the stalks together. At the end of the season we measured both types of celery and really, they were exactly the same. I've usually put a few quarts of chopped celery, stems and leaves, in the freezer to use for cooking. I dehydrated it as well, and it works well for soups and stews.

There is one thing you get with home grown celery that you might not get at the store, the lack of bitterness. I usually sniff the celery before buying it, the bitterness is obvious, and if you get a sweet smell, then it is fresh. Since it is fresh and not dried out, it is much sweeter, almost a whole other product. Dh will only eat our home grown celery now. I'm surprised he likes it now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom