What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1. Funny isn't it, how life's circumstances change our plans and intentions. I was going to teach until I was in my early 70's. :) I'm SO enjoying retirement and often think I'm busier now than when I was working.

My plan was to work until I was 72, (larger SS check) and then do volunteer work for the Boston Ballet Company and at Symphony Hall mainly for The Boston Pops. So much for those plans. Open heart surgery, and other times spent in the hospital put everything in the Wishing Bag. It seems like I am always recovering from something nowadays.

The cabin at LOW is open for the summer. I am cooking cabin food to bring up tomorrow or Tuesday. My cousin is installing the ramp so I can bring Mom with me (and Dad, kicking and screaming...he isn't as in love with the cabin as Mom and I are). It has been a really hard (and long) winter. I have been counting the days until I could get to the cabin since mid-April. Pasta salad, rhubarb pie, blueberry-lemon muffins...cabin food.

My plan was to work until I was 72, (larger SS check) and then do volunteer work for the Boston Ballet Company and at Symphony Hall mainly for The Boston Pops. So much for those plans. Open heart surgery, and other times spent in the hospital put everything in the Wishing Bag. It seems like I am always recovering from something nowadays.
I planned on working until I couldn't anymore since I was always self-employed. That changed when my brother died. I sure didn't plan on shutting everything done to care for my parents before retirement age. I doubt I will ever work again. Fortunately, I will have enough money to survive.

I am having a mourning day...finalizing the plans for Shrek's memorial/wake. This is just too hard for me today.

I am having a mourning day...finalizing the plans for Shrek's memorial/wake. This is just too hard for me today.
Hugs and love to you {{{Princess}}} [emoji813] We are preparing to travel to MI tomorrow for the memorial service for my MIL next Sunday. DH and his dad are doing pretty well. I'm baking cookies.

Having been there twice, I can understand the pain. It does get easier as time go by. My heart and prayers go out to you. If it gets too difficult, you can always come here for support. And there is Mom and Dad just down the street.

Today I passed my Pilot Check Ride. I am good for another 2 years. For my birthday Kayelle got me a matching t-shirt and cap that had big wings, my last name, and "Aviation" below the wings. I wore them on my check ride. I also joined the United Flying Octogenarians:)

Today I passed my Pilot Check Ride. I am good for another 2 years. For my birthday Kayelle got me a matching t-shirt and cap that had big wings, my last name, and "Aviation" below the wings. I wore them on my check ride. I also joined the United Flying Octogenarians:)

You are now a UFO!!!

Happy Birthday!

UFO ,PF! That's funny!

Pretty cool, SC. Haven't heard any dog tales from you lately. Are you still doing Angel Flight for humans and pets?
Because of the new tax laws, I do not fly dogs any more. However, I did make a Qualified Charitable Donation to a local Doberman Rescue. I have flown some of their dogs in the past.
I am still doing Angel Flights for people and boxes of blood and plasma.

Color me confused, but what affect would tax laws have on doing a good dead?
All of my volunteer flying including plane rental expenses are paid for out of my pocket . It is my contribution to Angel Flight. As a result of the new tax laws, I can no longer deduct my flights for dogs from my personal income tax. I love dogs, but a choice had to be made for financial reasons.

All of my volunteer flying including plane rental expenses are paid for out of my pocket . It is my contribution to Angel Flight. As a result of the new tax laws, I can no longer deduct my flights for dogs from my personal income tax. I love dogs, but a choice had to be made for financial reasons.

That is so sad. It's terrible the way pets are considered as just property when most people consider them an integral part of the family.

That is so sad. It's terrible the way pets are considered as just property when most people consider them an integral part of the family.
I think it is sad too, but I did make a special donation to a local Doberman Rescue Society that was greatly appreciated. I hope that helps them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom