What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just me and the dogs today. Have the house all to myself until tonight anyways.

It's time to seize the opportunity to tackle my closet and dresser drawers.
I can barely close the door. That's pathetic.:rolleyes:
Steam clean the mirrors uninterrupted.

It's hard trying to get the little stuff done with Hubby watching over me while I'm on a step stool dusting. "Be careful,God you make me nervous, you missed a spot" :ermm:

Might as well make what I want for dinner to.
When I'm done with the chaos and a long shower. I'm having Salmon cakes in bed. Chill out and watch old movies.

Munky.

Thanks. Yes, we've lived here for a long time and have been through it several times before. After we lost power for over a week in 2003, we bought a generator. DH filled up all our gas tanks last weekend with discount points at Kroger. I'll keep you posted as much as I can.

Was just thinking that very thing, GG, while watching the weather last night. But no matter how many times you've been thru it lets hope that this one is always 10 times less than the worst one. Keep your head down. Bake now! :chef: something sweet always helps.

Just started a project of rebuilding two counter stools we use at the kitchen ell. Over the years, the swivel mechanism and the leg joints have started to fail.

As I don't want to unexpectedly end up on my butt on the floor, I've ordered two new swivel mechanisms and have started on making the leg joints healthy and like new again.

Sorry for your loss, Farmer Jon. In spite of the sad event, I hope you have a nice visit with family.

We're preparing for a visit from Dorian. We are right on the boundary line between the hurricane and tropical storm warnings for tomorrow. Got water, food, refilled Rx, gas for the generator and grill and beehives tied down. Just need to bring in loose stuff from the porch and pick whatever we can from the garden.]
Sounds like you guys are all set, or as ready as you can be under the circumstances. Good thing there weren't hurricanes blowing in earlier in the season. At least you're pretty much back to normal after your recovery from your hip surgery. So there's that! :) Stay safe!

Thanks, all. We're good. You have probably seen that Dorian made landfall in Cape Hatteras, NC, about two hours south of us, and then continued going north-northeast. We had some high winds and heavy rain last night and into the morning, but it's tapered off. Still a little windy down by the river and the water is high, but we had no damage and never lost power. I bet the stores are open should I need anything ;)

Thanks, all. We're good. You have probably seen that Dorian made landfall in Cape Hatteras, NC, about two hours south of us, and then continued going north-northeast. We had some high winds and heavy rain last night and into the morning, but it's tapered off. Still a little windy down by the river and the water is high, but we had no damage and never lost power. I bet the stores are open should I need anything ;)

That's really good news.

The KN (a/k/a my Dad) is going to see his brother on Sunday. I am planning what I will be making while the KN is away....curried chicken, perogi, kimchi, paleek paneer...

I have until Tuesday noon. Woo-hoo.

I read somewhere that Dorian was moving slow enough for a Dollar General to be built on it...:stuart::whistling

I read somewhere that Dorian was moving slow enough for a Dollar General to be built on it...:stuart::whistling
;) FB_IMG_1567712478543.jpg

I'm done packing - relaxing, and heading for bed in a few. Daughter is picking me up tomorrow morning to spend some time at the cabin in the Sierras with both daughters, sons-in-law, and grandsons. We're going to stop by the local farmer's market first thing in the AM for some fresh goodies. There's no access to TV, internet, or cell phones at the cabin,(yay!) but there's a land line. See you all in a couple of days or so! :)

018.jpg

057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom