What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thinking about how long it is going to take to strip the back door, the front and back of it.

Never came across a solid cedar wood door before, at least not to strip, - so easy to rip/gouge the wood.

Thinking about how long it is going to take to strip the back door, the front and back of it.

Never came across a solid cedar wood door before, at least not to strip, - so easy to rip/gouge the wood.

Are their local shops that'll do that for you?
Might not be that expensive.

had my door on the farm done last year... too many groves for me to think about. I told my son I would do his door - LOL - my bad!

This is the farm door - thought I had an 'after' picture, and now obviously not and too late.
I sent it out and it was absolutely beautifully done to the tune of $600. I'm not sorry. The new stain was a darkish mahogany and I stripped and stained the frame a slightly darker. Looked beautiful and can't believe I don't have a picture of it.

But this door now is just a back door. House is from the '50's so there are a few coats to go thru.

Attachments

• 20190615_135808.jpg
    20190615_135808.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190615_135941.jpg
    20190615_135941.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 43
Today will be a day of recovery, after our 4th festivities.

For the first time in well over a year, we had a large family gathering.
A nephew, his wife and 16 year old daughter came out from Cali to celebrate the 4th with his mom and dad and all the local family.

Their trip was odd, in that their American Airlines flight was cancelled, 4 hours before take off. Not willing to wait for rescheduling, they loaded the car and, took turns driving straight through to MO. They were tired but, quickly recovered and we all had a blast.

Everyone except the youngest kids have been vaccinated so, we felt comfortable hugging, etc.

We had enough food to feed a group twice the size. Everyone was stuffed and happy. All the males went crazy purchasing fireworks and the display was the best in memory.

We older folk are trashed but, the younger group will take it in stride.

A great gathering and the tiredness will pass. :)

Ross

Last edited:
Also recuperating from the 4th - although we didn't go out to see any fireworks, I stayed up until 3am this morning watching the various fireworks on CNN. Taped "A Capitol 4th" for my mom and we watched that this AM.

Smoked a brisket with Post oak at 225f and made chili Colorado burritos with 16” fresh made tortillas.
Fresh made tortillas are da line’ way to make burritos. B596BD53-9293-4C9F-A08D-79C2A86D01A0.jpg

At 165f I wrapped the brisket in tallow coated butcher paper and further cook to 195f internal
Meat temp.

Keeping an ear out on the Weather Channel - Elsa just can't seem to "let it go" and we here in NE NC may get either a TS or a TD. GotGarlic - you ready for this girl to do her worst tomorrow night?

taxy Belated Anniversary Wishes for you and Stirling!

Hope your day was great and wishing you all the most wonderful years to come!

taxy Belated Anniversary Wishes for you and Stirling!

Hope your day was great and wishing you all the most wonderful years to come!

Thank you, It was a pretty good day, considering that we aren't going out yet. But, the delivery from La Porte Grecque was full of yummy food, that we thoroughly enjoyed. I no longer order the bacon wrapped scallops every single time I go there. ;)

Keeping an ear out on the Weather Channel - Elsa just can't seem to "let it go" and we here in NE NC may get either a TS or a TD. GotGarlic - you ready for this girl to do her worst tomorrow night?
Cindy, I think GG was born ready. [emoji6]Happy anniversary to you and your dear Stirling, taxy! Such a cute card - and so true.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Me too, CG - me too.
:ROFLMAO: Living on this coast for the past 35+ years has made that a reality! [emoji16]

Since the storm is coming at us from over land and not the ocean, it's only going to lose power as it gets closer. We're getting what's left of the outer bands right now and it's not raining very hard. It's a nice, light soaker rain for the garden. So far, at least.

:ROFLMAO: Living on this coast for the past 35+ years has made that a reality! [emoji16]

Since the storm is coming at us from over land and not the ocean, it's only going to lose power as it gets closer. We're getting what's left of the outer bands right now and it's not raining very hard. It's a nice, light soaker rain for the garden. So far, at least.

That's a good thing - most definitely not like some of the tropical systems I remember. Isabel and Matthew ring a bell?

That's a good thing - most definitely not like some of the tropical systems I remember. Isabel and Matthew ring a bell?
Most definitely. We lost water for five days and power for almost two weeks after Isabel - now we have a generator [emoji16] Matthew wasn't too bad for us, but there was a lot of flooding in Virginia Beach and Norfolk. DH works for the schools, which were closed, and I retired nine years ago, so we didn't have to go anywhere. So we're set.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom