What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least a month, we go back to the wound clinic in two weeks, but I can already see improvement, it's filling in well and new skin is growing. Once I have my coffee, I'll be changing the dressing again.

He finally slept last night, all night. Yay!!!

I remeber when my wound finally started to fill in. They had opened the arteries to my leg and the next day you could see the color come back to it and new tissue already making a hold on the wound. I had gained almost an inch around the whole wound when they finally did the graft.

Being home can only speed up his recovery. That and a lot of loving care. :angel: {{{{Hugs to both of you!}}}}

I've seen and helped heal worse looking wounds. It only needs to fill in about a quarter inch of depth now. It's about one inch wide at the widest and filling in nicely.

So you want to know what I am doing. Well, I am having the most exciting time. I washed a baking pan and a couple of dirty spoons. Made a cup of coffee and am working on my embroidery in between checking in here at DC. My thoughts are directed at what am I going to eat today. I have nothing thawed out, so it looks like French toast and a couple of steamed hot dogs. I hate grilled or fried ones. I am also considering doing a small load of whites today.

Last night we had a humdinger of a thunderstorm. The kind that is right over your house and the loud claps of thunder just kept getting louder and louder with flashes of lightning. The lightning lit up my whole apartment. I loved it. I did shut off the computer. But kept the TV going.

I get my new scooter this week. I am so excited. It has a headlight and tail lights. When you turn the key, they go on automatically. My present scooter goes six mph. The new one goes eight. It also has two mirrors and a much larger basket. The battery is bigger and will hold a charge much longer than my present one. That means I can go faster and farther.

I got a notice yesterday that the cost of The Ride is going from $2.00 each way to $4.00. And if I take a guest, it will cost $5.00. If I take a caregiver, it is still free. I hate to do it, but I am going to have to limit my using a caregiver. It is hard to say a person is a caregiver, when I can get up from my scooter and sit in one of the seats. I have only done that about three times. and I feel guilty after. I know in my heart that it is a form of stealing or cheating. From now on if I take someone with me I am going to have to ask them to pay the $5.00. It is still cheaper than if they took a cab.

That's all for today. Back to my embroidering.

Well, you asked! :rolleyes:

Today I'm watching the news and the fires just out of town.
It's odd I'm the one in the Army, I'm the one who has been deployed tp foreign countries were people don't like us and I'm also the one that's freaked out by the fires. My wife is very calm about it all.
Everyone pray for the safety of the firefighters and the people of that part of town.
The whole thing is kinda sur-real.

leasingthisspace said:
Today I'm watching the news and the fires just out of town.
It's odd I'm the one in the Army, I'm the one who has been deployed tp foreign countries were people don't like us and I'm also the one that's freaked out by the fires. My wife is very calm about it all.
Everyone pray for the safety of the firefighters and the people of that part of town.
The whole thing is kinda sur-real.

Where are you at? Would you be in Colorado like me? It seems the state is fire again like it was 10 years ago. The Waldo Canyon fire is really scary today!

Last night we had a humdinger of a thunderstorm. The kind that is right over your house and the loud claps of thunder just kept getting louder and louder with flashes of lightning. The lightning lit up my whole apartment. I loved it. I did shut off the computer. But kept the TV going.

It's a good idea to have a surge protector for your TV. I lost one that way.

Just came in from watering all our vegetable (in containers) plants and finished a quick lunch with my sweetheart. Nothing special, just cold cuts and cheese but I discovered I was hungry.

Glenn's now off to finish mowing the last of the 11 acres that he began mowing on Friday. He does it with the tractor but it still is a long, hot, hard job. No question that he's hot and tired when he comes in. It's been so dry here (no rain since April) that the tall grasses are breaking off as the tractor hits but, because everything is so very dry, the end result is a very, very dusty task. There's no hope of rain, only 30%, until some time next week. Ugh!!

I'm about to head out to my studio and work on some decorator pillows for Glenn's mom. They are going to be made out of the scraps that I made her bedroom window treatment out of and I should get three nice pillows to decorate her bed.

She doesn't know I had any fabric leftover, so they'll be a surprise.

If I finish the pillows this afternoon I might begin a summer flower arrangement for the dining room table and one for the front entryway table. No hurry, though. I have all the items I need, just need the time and desire.

I am doing some laundry, cleaning up the kitchen and getting ready to do some mending on the sewing machine.

I know I can't overdo it, but while my knee and side pains are still there, I am feeling stronger physically and emotionally to be able to handle it. Gave myself a real talking to last night. ;)

Okay in the 15 minutes since my last post my "what am I doing" has changed considerably. I am trying to console a 75 pound border collie boxer who is freaking out and trying to climb in my lap because my UPS under my desk beeped three times. It didn't stay on, but she goes bonkers with the high pitch sound. I am trying to get her down so we can go into another room, even though the sound is gone. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

I am trying to work up some enthusiasm for all the things I need to do today......maybe just a few more minutes with my coffee watching the ferry traffic to Victoria BC. ( I'm so lazy)!!!

Okay in the 15 minutes since my last post my "what am I doing" has changed considerably. I am trying to console a 75 pound border collie boxer who is freaking out and trying to climb in my lap because my UPS under my desk beeped three times. It didn't stay on, but she goes bonkers with the high pitch sound. I am trying to get her down so we can go into another room, even though the sound is gone. :wacko::ROFLMAO:
:LOL: Poor doggie.

Just finished rubbing down a Boston Butt for a pulled pork smoking Tuesday. Earlier ran out to get some hickory chunks for the BB. Currently watching the Red Sox game.

Pulling poison ivy from under the apple tree. We have a bumper crop of it this year, and DH is very allergic to it. And I am wearing gloves.

taxlady said:
Be careful, but you knew that. Don't forget to be careful about touching the gloves when you take them off.

I've never gotten it, after rolling in it, camping in it, and picking berries in it, I think I've also made winter wreathes with it :LOL: though I know you can become allergic to poison ivy at any age. I do wear disposable gloves and make sure I don't touch the outside of them when I throw them away.

Back
Top Bottom