What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished deep cleaning the stove top. I accidentally boiled over a pan of crowder peas making dinner last night and that created quite a mess. The top was due for a good cleaning anyway, so the boil-over just moved up my timing.

It was pretty easy because I sprayed all the loose parts (grates, etc.) with oven cleaner and sealed them up in a heavy plastic bag before I went to bed last night.

All I really had to do this morning was spray the top and wash the stuff in the bag. Took only about 15 minutes to have the stove looking like new.

Now...I'm getting ready to make some challah bread so we can have French toast for breakfast tomorrow. Yum!

I'm cleaning the fridges, making pita bread, emptying some boxes, reorganizing my bedroom and climbing Mt. Laundry. Oh, I have to do the burner rings and pans I brought home from the farm. I did the same thing--sprayed them and put them in a plastic bag overnight.

Last edited:
Just got up after a bad pain night. We are going to see a colleague of DH's who lives in our complex. He has a leather sofa he is getting rid of and wants us to have it. Just what I need - more furniture! :wacko: But it will go at lease temporarily into DH's office.

Oh Addie! What a PITA. I'm so glad you pay attention to your meds so you caught this.

I called the pharmacy. the idiot could not grasp what I was telling her. She told me I needed to talk to my doctor. And I will. I am going to go in first thing Monday morning. The first time they screwed up they gave me meds for advanced Alzheimer patients. I was throwing up really hard for three days and it put a tremedous strain on my heart. My middle son finally called Winthrop. Had I continued taking the wrong mediciine, I would have been dead the next day. They changed their whole system around to bar coding. I filed a complaint with the State agency that oversees pharmacies. I have refused to have that particular pharmacist do any more of my meds. I saw her name once more and sent the whole bunch right back. I ended up without any meds for three days before they got it straightened. Another complaint to the State. We'll see what happens on Monday. :angel:

Are you the only one they ever call? :angel:

Actually, I'm the last resort since I no longer work the floor. The night shift is seriously short of RN's at this time. I'm able to be there and get my work done at the same time. It's a supervisory position and they pay me accordingly.:) By law there has to be an RN in the building.

Actually, I'm the last resort since I no longer work the floor. The night shift is seriously short of RN's at this time. I'm able to be there and get my work done at the same time. It's a supervisory position and they pay me accordingly.:) By law there has to be an RN in the building.

In this state, it can be an LPN on duty so they can dispense medications. :angel:

In this state, it can be an LPN on duty so they can dispense medications. :angel:

We are a skilled nursing facility, there are 5 LPN's, one for each unit, so there has to be an RN...tonight, that is me. In Montana there are some duties that LPN's are not allowed to do, even though they could do it just as well as an RN can.

We are a skilled nursing facility, there are 5 LPN's, one for each unit, so there has to be an RN...tonight, that is me. In Montana there are some duties that LPN's are not allowed to do, even though they could do it just as well as an RN can.

That's how it is here. The night my Dad had to be taken back to the hospital from convalescent care, I had to go find the duty nurse so I could change the level of intervention to include the transfer. It was after midnight and there was only one RN in the whole complex.

I am doing a favour for my MIL (putting some appliances on Craig's list) and then heading back to bed. I am feeling a cold coming on and right now I have to be specially careful of chest infection.

We went out for dog food and decided we both needed food too so went to Nando's for something light so that is taken care of.

That's how it is here. The night my Dad had to be taken back to the hospital from convalescent care, I had to go find the duty nurse so I could change the level of intervention to include the transfer. It was after midnight and there was only one RN in the whole complex.

I am doing a favour for my MIL (putting some appliances on Craig's list) and then heading back to bed. I am feeling a cold coming on and right now I have to be specially careful of chest infection.

We went out for dog food and decided we both needed food too so went to Nando's for something light so that is taken care of.
Stay well.

Stay well.

Thanks, TL. I am mainly just achy and tired. These are often signs with me of a cold or infection coming on. But with the angiogram not for a few months they want me to be careful. I am really looking forward to the day when I can say "I am 100% healthy". And that day will come! :angel: (even if it is just one day!)

I would never make a family member come find me, my office is on the Subacute unit and staff call me if they need something and I go to them. If I am busy with another patient, I will be there as soon as I can.

Otherwise, I just hang out in the office and get paperwork done.

I would never make a family member come find me, my office is on the Subacute unit and staff call me if they need something and I go to them. If I am busy with another patient, I will be there as soon as I can.

Otherwise, I just hang out in the office and get paperwork done.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with them during that time, personally. As I left after picking up a few things from the room we might need, the care aid asked how soon in the morning we would be there to pick up all his things. When we did arrive at 11 am (after being at the ER all night), they had piled everything in a corner and stripped the bed already. They threw out a 100 foot air tubing that we had paid for and hidden the air concentrator (our responsibility not theirs) in the office. A couple of months after Dad passed I ran into two of his care aids who loved him dearly and asked how he was doing....they were never told. Is that standard practice? The care home definitely knew.

We do pack the belongings, but we have bank boxes to use and if the patient/resident had a suitcase we use it also. No empty tomato boxes for us! As for durable equipment, concentrators, etc., they are all rentals from a central source and are removed from the room. If equipment is property of the resident it is cleaned and placed with the other belongings. Things like oxygen tubing is considered non-sterile, yes it would be thrown away.

Depending on privacy laws, sometimes we are told when a resident dies in the hospital, other times we are not. If we know we let the staff who cared for them know. It's up to the family to let the facility know the condition of the resident, sometimes the only way we know is by the death notice in the newspaper.

First, the belongings weren't packed - they were literally thrown in a corner even though I told them the night before we would come and clean it out before noon and they said that was fine. The thing was, he wasn't even discharged from there yet because they didn't know his condition. He was taken to the hospital for diagnosis.

The tubing wasn't a big deal, and to be honest, it was nice they cleaned the machine because I didn't have to.

I did tell the facility about Dad's passing and specifically said to thank one of the care aids for all his help that night. He was one of the ones I ran into and didn't know. But it was a very tough time and all in all the first time Dad was there and the beginning of this time were both very positive.

So enough about this topic! :)

I phoned my MIL to say her ads were on Craigslist and she said they would like to do a day (or overnight) trip with DH and I this week seeing as it is his holidays (and some special day I forget). Now to choose what to do! :)

We have been out at the shops, we bought a new pair of trainers each, we buy a new pair every year :)

Also bought some new salt and pepper grinders, they look good!

Have just made pizza for lunch and now relaxing with a nice hot coffee :)

SO and I are headed out to pick up our grandson and take him to lunch and other fun things. I have the DVR set to record the game and will watch it when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom