What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an amazzing deep tissue massage for 1 hour & 45 minutes. Then had a great night out with dh downtown. It's a great weekend! Just getting ready to go to church now.

I'm trying out a new method for cleaning the oven. I usually use baking soda, but I hate having to contort myself to reach everywhere in the oven for lots of rubbing. It's basically: spray the walls and ceiling of the oven repeatedly with a baking soda in water. When all the crud has melted off, wipe out the oven.

I found it here: Eight Easy Steps to a Clean Oven

He has a blog that answers questions about this method: Natural Oven Cleaning With Baking Soda

I will report back how it goes.

Driving home from Mpls. What a pretty Fall day!

Steve's Meat Market, on the way home, is closed on Sunday. :(

Last edited:
That's good. He needs to see that you are doing okay!

As soon as we got to their house, I grabbed him with my good arm picked him up and gave him a big hug. We were good after that.

We acted like real grandparents. Took him shopping and bought him a toy that makes a lot of noise.

As soon as we got to their house, I grabbed him with my good arm picked him up and gave him a big hug. We were good after that.

We acted like real grandparents. Took him shopping and bought him a toy that makes a lot of noise.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When my favourite uncle used to take me out he would buy me chocolate coated raisins...a nice BIG box! I got the nick name "the chocolate coated kid" for obvious reasons! ;)

Last edited:
My daughter told us that when he woke up at 8:00 AM he wanted to know why Grampy couldn't come NOW. He was in no mood to wait.

My daughter told us that when he woke up at 8:00 AM he wanted to know why Grampy couldn't come NOW. He was in no mood to wait.

Next time be there when he wakes up. And bring another loud toy with you. Start a tradition. He loves you, his parents want to kill you. :angel:

Just got back from our weekend trip to Cripple Creek. It was wonderful, and the trees were pretty.

Here is the view from the hotel room.

image-3440789322.jpg

image-3500968625.jpg

And a sign along the road. The donkeys that run freely in town are said to be related to the ones who worked in the gold mines many years ago.

image-2548835428.jpg

I'm sure some of his reticence to come and see/help "Grampy" the other day was a fear that you were very sick/injured/changed and he didn't want to see that. He is such a sweetie! And I'm glad you guys had a great time!

I thought only Aunts gave noisy toys...:angel:

...I thought only Aunts gave noisy toys...:angel:

No way! Grandparents want to have fun too.

Besides, SO Keeps buying him clothes. I keep telling her boys hate to get clothes as a gift as every gift of clothing could have been a toy that's now lost forever. I know that's how I felt about it (and still do).

No way! Grandparents want to have fun too.

Besides, SO Keeps buying him clothes. I keep telling her boys hate to get clothes as a gift as every gift of clothing could have been a toy that's now lost forever. I know that's how I felt about it (and still do).

LOL! Both my nephews, who I gave drum sets, kazoos, tambourines, etc., now both play the violin...beautifully!

I drove my Sister nuts, though!:LOL:

Today is a Labour Day holiday here :)

We are going to go for a nice long walk...then I am going to cut Steve's hair, then we are making white cho chip cookies...finally, have been meaning to make them for the last few days...then who knows for the rest of the day :)

Just got back from our weekend trip to Cripple Creek. It was wonderful, and the trees were pretty.

Here is the view from the hotel room.

View attachment 15832

View attachment 15833

And a sign along the road. The donkeys that run freely in town are said to be related to the ones who worked in the gold mines many years ago.

View attachment 15834

sure looks and sounds like the perfect weekend getaway for you, chopper, how lovely. and in your post you sound happy and relaxed. btw, where is this cripple creek of yours located?

I'm sure some of his reticence to come and see/help "Grampy" the other day was a fear that you were very sick/injured/changed and he didn't want to see that. He is such a sweetie! And I'm glad you guys had a great time!

I thought only Aunts gave noisy toys...:angel:

A drum set is perfect for his age. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom