What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just resting between doing chores and making beef stew with biscuits.

And I am trying to get a muscle in my neck to relax. I am on a muscle relaxer and it makes me so sleepy. So it is going to take me a while to get done all that want to.

I had that problem in my neck and shoulder when I was working. I had to call in sick for a whole month. I was just about out of my mind with pain. I went to the doctors and he gave me muscle relaxers, they were so strong I could hardly talk. I cried almost the whole month, I could not lay down, I had to sit up and try to get some rest. One day I was sitting on the sofa and I could feel something go back into place in my shoulder and the pain was gone. I was afraid to move but it really was gone.
So you have my sympathy Addie, I know a little bit of what you are going through.

Still discovering my new iPhone. It has Siri, you ask it questions about just about anything, and it will take dictation, email and text for you, make calls, schedule your appointments, give you restaurant recs and tell you about your weather.

Siri scares me...

So you have my sympathy Addie, I know a little bit of what you are going through.

Thank you. I have had this for two months. And again, my stubborn streak was working full time. I don't need to see any doctor. I can take care of this myself. I didn't even mention it when I was in the hospital last week. By this past Thursday, I was crying with the pain. The muscle relaxer is doing its job. But it is a slow process. I am so much better today. As long as I do what I am supposed to do. One of the problems was that I was holding my head down when at the computer. I raised the screen about five inches and what a difference. Am also working on my resolution of "Getting rid of that dang subborn streak!" Amazing! Good things happen when I stop being so dang stubborn. :chef:

stayed in bed til one p.m. all i have done is make a meal, talked on the phone for two hours. the daughter, of my sad friend in the home, called me. it is almost three years since her mom's brain injury after routine surgery. i have know this gal since she was six years old. mostly she talks about herself and how she hates being the only person for her mom. she is not my favorite person but only way i get updates on her mom.

just been on computer since. it is cold and going to rain, so just hunkering down with heater on. i think we all need a do nothing day every so often.

stayed in bed til one p.m. all i have done is make a meal, talked on the phone for two hours. the daughter, of my sad friend in the home, called me. it is almost three years since her mom's brain injury after routine surgery. i have know this gal since she was six years old. mostly she talks about herself and how she hates being the only person for her mom. she is not my favorite person but only way i get updates on her mom.

just been on computer since. it is cold and going to rain, so just hunkering down with heater on. i think we all need a do nothing day every so often.

Chilly and raining here too babe2. One of those ligh misting rains that blows with the wind and always finds a way down your neck.

Brrrrrrrrrrr

Avoiding a phone call to the insurance agent re my newly-received big, fat premium notice from my newly-switched (not by choice) homeowner's insurance company. How do I know the replacement value on my house in today's economy? I hate this stuff.

Went to the dentist. Got back and went shooting. Catching up on things now.

catching up on laundry. i think i have to many clothes. can go a really long time without doing it. knitting a bit, repairman here. almost ready to quit for day. cocktail time and dinner.

I was downstairs in the Community Room attending the Christmas Party. But my neck started to hurt real bad and had to leave so I could come up to my apartment and rest. I am upset that I had to leave. The entertainer is a favorite of all the residents and puts on a good show everytime. My only complaint is that AGAIN they served Italian food. There was more than plenty for everyone. And the food was good. But it would be nice to have something else.
We have a couple of Spanish speaking people here. And there are a few like myself. Non-Italians. The rest are all Italian. So I guess the majority rules. :chef:

Just got done wrapping some more gifts. I think I will be all done shopping and wrapping tomorrow. My DIL said we will be sending my grandson and his girlfriend who live in Paris something through Amazon. I will let her take care of that and I will just pay her.:>)

I was downstairs in the Community Room attending the Christmas Party. But my neck started to hurt real bad and had to leave so I could come up to my apartment and rest. I am upset that I had to leave. The entertainer is a favorite of all the residents and puts on a good show everytime. My only complaint is that AGAIN they served Italian food. There was more than plenty for everyone. And the food was good. But it would be nice to have something else.
We have a couple of Spanish speaking people here. And there are a few like myself. Non-Italians. The rest are all Italian. So I guess the majority rules. :chef:

Suggestion box time!!! How many do they cook for? It would be so easy to do an Enchilada night for a party.

Suggestion box time!!! How many do they cook for? It would be so easy to do an Enchilada night for a party.

There are 40 residents in the building. But only about two-thirds usually attend these functions. When you get old, you tend to get crotchety. The last thing you want is to be around people you haven't even made an effort to meet and talk to.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom