What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished watching What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. First time I saw it all the way through. I was not impressed.

Awwww, sorry you weren't impressed.
I love Betty Davis movies. She was a classic. Nobody like her.

Thought the ending was the best, just as she found out what actually happened she makes the comment to her sister. Quip toned. "And we could have been friends!" I would have added on " BYE SNOT! Enjoy your 3 hots and a cot in hell.. Don't do me any favors by saving me a spot. I'll be at the beach." :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I thought it was good until the ending.
I can let a few over the top things go, but them going unnoticed on the beach for that length ot time... between the other beach goers, the cops, the vending stand guy... with Blanche laid out like a mummy, the car in the middle of the road... I don't know. I just felt it was a let down for the way the movie had been going. I guess I was expecting something different, so the twist didn't affect me as much.

I thought it was good until the ending.
I can let a few over the top things go, but them going unnoticed on the beach for that length ot time... between the other beach goers, the cops, the vending stand guy... with Blanche laid out like a mummy, the car in the middle of the road... I don't know. I just felt it was a let down for the way the movie had been going. I guess I was expecting something different, so the twist didn't affect me as much.

LOL!

It's Kaliforniaaa.. Anything is a possibility.
You'd be surprised at what's really ignored here. People are allowed to camp at some beaches. I think somewhere there is a nude beach to.Yeah the vending guy was an illegal.. Say nothin' until you have to. Cops?.. what cops?

Every time I've been to the beach I always walk back to my car shaking my head in wonder. " Did I just see that?" :ROFLMAO:

Just got off of Penzey's web site. I got a gift cert. from there for Christmas. I called the business and they said they are having free shipping on orders over $30 right now and you also get a free jar of Cumin. The items that I want come to $30.16, boy how close can you get. I really like their spices.

Nice! I love free and free shipping, I'll spend extra to get free stuff...:LOL: Friends of mine ended up with a dish towel in their Christmas present so I could get free shipping.

And my last KAF order was more than is should have been because I could spend X amount more and not raise the shipping cost...I think they can see me coming.:ROFLMAO:

Good morning everyone :)

Lovely morning here and it is going to be a wonderful sunny, warm day!

This morning we have been doing a little bit of tidying up in the garage, enjoyed our breakfast outside on the patio and been on the pc ever since :LOL:

This afternoon we are going to watch The Return Of The King on blu ray...we so love those films :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night!

Here's one for you.
A local, old farmer who had a pig farm and was told he could no longer farm pigs because of the housing development that went in beside him. They took up a petition, changed the zoning and won. He was told he could only farm crops. How is that for "progress"?

I live out in the country and a fellow I know from a town where I grew up moved into a house in a development near me, and one day as I was driving by his house he was talking to the guy that owned a small farm patch and an orchard, so I stopped to say hello and we got into the conversation about developments coming in the township and my buddy said soon there wont be any open space it will all be built up, we should do something, and the farmer turned to him and said thats what we said before you moved in and we laughed because it was the truth.

Now if you buy a place next to a pig farm, what do you expect it to smell like wild flowers....LOL

Lots of farmers are selling off their land and the only ones who can afford it are the developers. Bam, instant 'burb.

Just got done with an hour long sparring/streching session with the boy... He is training with a special instructor from belgium.. who trains swat teams in hand to hand combat and small weapons ... Last year he was the only kid out of about 60 people and the instructors wife was so impressed with him she worked with him one on one the entire weekend.. i will try to get some vids this time

I put the order in on 2/6 to Penzeys Spices and got it already today in the mail. I also recieved a free ground cumin (1/4 cup jar) and a free Old World spice (1/4 cup jar). I told them that it had been a while since my last order and did they have my credit card on file and she said that they did not keep the card numbers for our safety.

I'm just counting myself lucky (but still keeping my fingers crossed) about the pump on the water system. I was putting in a load of wash, tub was about half full, when the water just stopped. My first luck was that the guy was on a call not far from my house and it only took him about 45 minutes to stop by. The second bit of luck was that the pump was not dead; I got away with just the charge for a service call. Could have been a whole lot worse. Don't ask me what he did -- it all looks like magic to me.

Now where shall I spend all the money I saved? :LOL:

I'm just counting myself lucky (but still keeping my fingers crossed) about the pump on the water system. I was putting in a load of wash, tub was about half full, when the water just stopped. My first luck was that the guy was on a call not far from my house and it only took him about 45 minutes to stop by. The second bit of luck was that the pump was not dead; I got away with just the charge for a service call. Could have been a whole lot worse. Don't ask me what he did -- it all looks like magic to me.

Now where shall I spend all the money I saved? :LOL:

i know that was meant to be a rhetorical question, but here's a thought anyhow--put the money toward a 'k' purchase: kindle, keurig, or ka.:)

i know that was meant to be a rhetorical question, but here's a thought anyhow--put the money toward a 'k' purchase: kindle, keurig, or ka.:)

All good ideas, V! I must admit that I painted myself into a corner re buying myself a ka mixer -- you know, in hopes I could leave it to my daughter one day. I was telling her about those new colors you mentioned a while back to see which one would most appeal to her. She still wants one, and now if I do buy one, especially just what she wants, I'll feel plain old selfish using it, her not knowing why and all, me knowing she'll have to wait. Of course, her birthday will be coming up this fall, so....

The keurig -- Truth be told, I'm not really fond of coffee and think I'm just in love with the idea of a single cup maker. Bottom line -- my $$ would probably be better spent somewhere else. And I'm just not ready for a kindle. (I wasn't ready for a microwave for a long time but now don't think I could live without it.) Dither, dither.

Pardon me while I betake myself to the counting house - might as well count it if I'm too stingy to spend it.

Well it is a bright, sunny Sunday morning here and I am feeling good :)

This morning we are going for a drive through the foothills, too nice a day not to get out and about for awhile!

And I'm just not ready for a kindle. (I wasn't ready for a microwave for a long time but now don't think I could live without it.) Dither, dither.

I didn't want a Kindle either, tin. So last year, I turned one down for Christmas. This year, my sweetie gave me a Samsung Galaxy tablet. It's much more than just a reader and I love it. I'm using it right now :)

I just finished making a batch of seasoned pita chips and hummus. I'll put those away and then start dinner. We are going to a play tonight so we'll be eating a little early.

I love all my Kindles. Just got DH and me each the Paperwhite, what a cool little device!

We just got back from Costco. They recently opened a new one 45 minutes away. Sure beats the 3+ hour drive to the next closest one! Filled up the trunk with all sorts of stuff, including organic coconut oil! Forgot the lightbulbs.

I find there comes a time when I am done shopping, I am DONE SHOPPING. That's it. No mas.

Back
Top Bottom