What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxlady, I'm lazy and cheap. I will look for the juice in the health food store and I will also try you lemon/lime combo. You need a lot of limes otherwise if you squeeze them yourself :(. Ha! I'm having another one right now, I'm naughty ;)
I'm lazy and cheap too. The organic lemon and lime juice cost more than the regular stuff from the grocery store, but the ingredients are: lemon juice or lime juice, nothing else and it's cheaper than fresh organic lemons or limes. The I get is from Italy. It's probably cheaper than regular lemons & limes and no waste.

The meds can't possibly taste as good as a Margarita. And all this talk about Margaritas, I just might make myself one.

I will probably skip the salt on the rim. My BP is low normal. If I eat a lot of salt, it goes way up (last time: 180/110)

The meds can't possibly taste as good as a Margarita. And all this talk about Margaritas, I just might make myself one.

I will probably skip the salt on the rim. My BP is low normal. If I eat a lot of salt, it goes way up (last time: 180/110)

But, seeing as how I NEED the meds and can't drink when I take them (or at least shouldn't)...I'll have a lemon San Pelligrino...thanks!

After spending most of the night up with Violet (earlier post), I have spent most of the afternoon and early evening in bed and am going back now, hopefully for the night. My sciatica is acting up on both sides and I can't seem to get any relief. I am on the maximum painkillers of all types for my chronic pain and don't want to go to the hospital for a shot of morphine, so ice packs and sleep are my friends.

TB said if Violet is having problems in the night it is his turn to sit with her. At least the vet is open tomorrow.

We have just got back from a lovely walk, it is chilly outside but you get warm soon enough having a brisk walk :)

But, seeing as how I NEED the meds and can't drink when I take them (or at least shouldn't)...I'll have a lemon San Pelligrino...thanks!

I don't drink but if I did.... I am on so many meds I wouldn't even ride by a liquor store. I know alcohol is bad for your sugar levels. But I have no idea what else it affects and I don't even want to find out. It is too scary. There is a reason for that label on your medication that says, "Do not drink alcohol." :angel:

After spending most of the night up with Violet (earlier post), I have spent most of the afternoon and early evening in bed and am going back now, hopefully for the night. My sciatica is acting up on both sides and I can't seem to get any relief. I am on the maximum painkillers of all types for my chronic pain and don't want to go to the hospital for a shot of morphine, so ice packs and sleep are my friends.

TB said if Violet is having problems in the night it is his turn to sit with her. At least the vet is open tomorrow.

Sorry you are hurting. Hope today is better.

I'm watching a gentle rain. I love the sound the raindrops make on the deck. .

Thanks, Chopper. And I agree with you about the beauty in the sound of rain - of course where I live we are pretty used to it ;)

I had a bit better sleep and apparently so did Violet. We are both still favouring our back areas with pain. TB did most of my shopping yesterday and my neighbour is actually coming over to do my laundry for me and will make me dinner as TB goes back to work this afternoon after his week off. I find the best position is to lay on my opposite side propped with pillows, but I need to get up and walk every once in awhile. Sitting is almost impossible for more than 5 minutes. I have some physio exercises I can do to relax the nerve and am trying them a few times a day.

I am upset that this has happened, but am also being proactive and trying to not let it get the best of me.

I'm watching a gentle rain. I love the sound the raindrops make on the deck. .

Ahhh, thank you for this post.
Even though you are talking about rain, it's like a ray of sunshine when this thread turns depressing with post after post about illness and sickness.

Bunny, I adore those glasses..they are just stunning.

Speaking of good drinks, Steve met me at the door yesterday with the best authentic Mojito I've ever had. We have an abundance of mint (does anyone have "just a little" mint?) and he muddled some with the sugar and fresh lime, with lime flavored sparkling water and white rum. It sure hit the spot in this heat while I grilled our dinner. I normally just drink white wine, but think I may have another one tonight.

Good morning everyone :)

Lovely mild day here today!

Have just been out doing the grocery shopping, all done now :)

Hope you are all having a nice evening/day :)

I just finished talking to my girlfriend in Atlanta. Tomorrow they will be having the 10K Peachtree Race and the runners will be wearing blue and yellow in honor of the Boston Marathon victims.

Yesterday morning Spike took me shopping. But I had taken my meds before I left the house which included my BP med. I came home and as he was putting the groceries away, I began to feel very sick. My heart started to race and I could feel my BP dropping. I checked it. BP at it lowest was 64/21. My heart rate was 95. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it up. I almost called the ambulance. I knew part of the problem was I was dehydrated. So I got the big bottle of cold water out of the fridge and started to drink it as fast as I could. It helped some. My BP went up a bit, but my heart was still racing. So I decided to lay down and try to take a nap. Nope, that wasn't going to happen. The phone keeps ringing. I know. Shut it off. But I have two problems. One is Spike who has had eight heart attacks and my daughter with her illness. I never know when "that" phone call is going to come.

Finally after two hours of trying to solve everyone's problems, I fell asleep. And I went into a really deep sleep. If the phone rang, I didn't hear it. I woke up this morning and was afraid to even sit up. Was I all right now? If I start to move around will it happen all over again? Today I am fine. But I still haven't taken any of my meds. I am going to have to take out my BP meds for at least 24 hours. I still say they are overdosing me for my BP. For the past year, if not longer, my numbers have been right on target or even better. But they haven't adjusted any of my meds to reflect this. Only take me off the diabetic meds. :angel:

Addie, please take care of yourself. If you need to take the phone off the hook to rest, call Spike and your daughter and let them know. Then call them again when you get up. You really have to be careful with your blood pressure. :heart:

Addie, please take care of yourself. If you need to take the phone off the hook to rest, call Spike and your daughter and let them know. Then call them again when you get up. You really have to be careful with your blood pressure. :heart:
What Laurie said.

Don't you have a cell phone for emergencies? If so, tell your daughter and Spike to call on the cell phone if there is an emergency and put the cell phone next to your bed.

I know. Twice I have had to make a trip in the ambulance because of my BP. Spike is here every night at seven. I need to set up some kind of call signal to him at least once a day. If I let his phone ring once, I am all right. Two rings and I need help. Anything else, just answer the phone.

One time my BP took a dive while I was waiting for my pre op workup for my eyes. The last thing I heard was "Do we have a crash cart?" Right now my BP is 112/91 and my heart rate is 91. Not good. But certainly better than yesterday. My normal is 120/60. Nobody seems to know why it does this.

Thank you for caring. :angel:

What Laurie said.

Don't you have a cell phone for emergencies? If so, tell your daughter and Spike to call on the cell phone if there is an emergency and put the cell phone next to your bed.

This problem is something I can't tell my daughter about. She has her own problems with the brain cancer. :angel:

We went for a walk after dinner and not long after we were home, it bucketed down with rain, that was good timing :)

Now heading into the lounge to watch some Masterchef :)

I am getting things ready for a meeting with my sister at the bank to finalize Dad's estate. The probate has finally been completed (a very long story but the only thing that matters is that it is done now) so we just have to start things rolling to have the money transferred from trust to the Estate account.

We may go to lunch after if she is not too tired. She has to go to Seattle tomorrow to set up her radiation treatment, and Monday or Tuesday is going in for one more surgery to find out why the wound area is not healing. She should only be in for a few days but we wanted to get this started so she can rest easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom