What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special, as I must every year. Such classics! Looking forward to Shweatty Balls.

Oh my Cat. I hope this is not your way of practicing on how to get sutures. Or maybe a yearly tradition of celebrating the holidays? That is not an American's idea of recreation. Maybe you and Carl need a three wheeler bicycle. Or maybe training wheels?

Take care and rest. Let your body heal. And of course the meds are going to make you feel woozy. They are supposed to. That is what they are designed for.

Take it easy for awhile Cat. You want to be all healed up for Christmas, it's just a few short days away....

Thank you all! I do hope all of you are doing better than I am. Luckily, classes are over so I don't have to sit there.

Right now we're watching the original Addam's family episodes. These are so funny! It hurts to laugh, but these are so very good for me now.

With love,
~Cat

Well, the cake is out of the oven and cooling. Tomorrow I will frost it. I was going to make the cheesecake today also. But I am still trying to learn to not be so dang stubborn. I stopped and will do it tomorrow. I even turned off the light in the kitchen so I wouldn't be tempted to go out there and do just one more thing. And then another. I am done for the night. :angel:

When I was first retired, Addie, I found myself hurrying about little stuff. I just kept reminding myself that I was retired, and that there was no hurry. I still have to remind myself to relax and not hurry occasionally. it helps, but even now, 5 years later, it still crops up sometimes..

Once there is no pain and you can walk around like you usually do, you will begin to get antsy. I say two and a half weeks and you will use the excuse of needing something at the store and swing by work while you are out. I was supposed to wait six to eight weeks after my open heart surgery. Four weeks was all I could stand. I went back to work.

Just don't forget that "three o'clock wall" that all surgical patients face. As a nurse you know it is very real. Just ask SimonBaker. She had a hard time getting past that. I personally think it is a residual effect of the anesthesia. :angel:

The surgeon said that if I really wanted to go back to work early, he would sign off on it, but only for half a day. Heck, I can't drive for two weeks.

Thank you all! I do hope all of you are doing better than I am. Luckily, classes are over so I don't have to sit there.

Right now we're watching the original Addam's family episodes. These are so funny! It hurts to laugh, but these are so very good for me now.

With love,
~Cat

Take it easy and laugh loudly. Laughter is good for healing. Poor Carl and Aiza...they must feel terrible. You do your best to make them laugh, too!

Hugs and Love,
Fiona

Oh yes we are laughing! Here's what is so very funny about this:

Last night, Carl told me he loves me. I think I'm in love with him also, and I told him this. We hugged, and I got kissed. Carl is staying with us but we aren't doing anything wrong. He sleeps upstairs in the other guest room next to DA's bedroom. Mamma has been sleeping down here with me when Lakisha isn't spending the night here.

Today, he ran over me. On the way to the emergency room, I told Carl he had one h3ll of a way to show me his love. Papa laughed and said Carl was very bad at assassinations attempts. Gwen said (about that news story when the new wife pushed her new husband over a cliff) the next time Carl wants to kill me, he should at least find a good, steep hill to push me over.

I said Carl should have taken an insurance policy of me before trying to kill me, and Papa said this: "What makes you think he hasn't?" And he winked at Carl. Carl smiled at Papa and winked at him.

I'm sure some may be offended at this, and I apologize if anyone is. It was just very funny as I was being taken to the emergency room after being run over by my new boyfriend.

It's our way of making Carl understand this wasn't his fault. I do hope all of you see the humor in this, and won't mistake of this for my taking Vicodin and Soma.

With love,
~Cat

Last edited:
I'm sure some may be offended at this, and I apologize if anyone is. It was just very funny as I was being taken to the emergency room after being run over by my new boyfriend.

It's our way of making Carl understand this wasn't his fault......
I love your way of looking at things! I'm pretty much a find-the-funny-side-person most of the time. MOST of the time! Then, as Snoopy sang in the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" "I feel every now and then that I have to bite someone!" :LOL: I hope you feel better soon, Cat. And as far as us figuring these are your medicines talking? Nah, you've been this way all along! And we wouldn't have it any other way. :flowers:

The "three o'clock wall" is when most post surgical patients (regardless of what type of surgery) become extremely tired and in need of a nap. It strikes almost every patient of surgery...
News flash Addie: You don't have to be recovering from surgery to want that 3:00PM nap. Especially if you have a cat laying on you. ;)

I love your way of looking at things! I'm pretty much a find-the-funny-side-person most of the time. MOST of the time! Then, as Snoopy sang in the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" "I feel every now and then that I have to bite someone!" :LOL: I hope you feel better soon, Cat. And as far as us figuring these are your medicines talking? Nah, you've been this way all along! And we wouldn't have it any other way. :flowers:

News flash Addie: You don't have to be recovering from surgery to want that 3:00PM nap. Especially if you have a cat laying on you. ;)

I take naps all times during the day. And I haven't had any surgery lately. :angel:

Addie, my surgery was 5 years ago and I still take naps, anytime I can!

Before leaving the hospital, I had to demonstrate that I could walk up and down stairs, get in and out of bed, etc. That was to show that I was allowed to go home.

I didn't HAVE to go to cardiac rehab, but I wanted to. Since I exercise at home, I liked knowing that they were monitoring my heart while I exercised. After that, I felt comfortable that I could also exercise at home and feel safe. There were other patients who did not do as well. They had to make them stop, and then called their doctor to let them know what was going on with the monitor. Something wasn't looking right. I went to cardiac rehab after getting a stent, too. I enjoyed it.

It's funny how as kids...we were made to take naps when we didn't want to. (I wanna play!) Now as adults, a nice little snooze midday is a wondrous joy.

Oh no Cat! I hope you feel better soon! Take it easy, and laugh lots :D laughter is sometimes the best medicine!

I'm so glad you and Carl have spoken to each other, and that Mamma & Pappa Cat like him :) You are a very sweet young lady, and deserve a nice young man.

I'm taking it easy today. I am officially on holiday until Jan 6, and I slept in later than I have in ages! Usually up by shortly after 5, and I slept in until just before 9 :shock:

I'm getting ready to take a drive in the rain. Better than taking a drive in the snow I suppose. I need to pick up my pup's parvo vaccine at the vet and stop at a few other places.

In the middle of making a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (with walnuts).

Chocolate chip cookies (with walnuts) next. Either this afternoon or tomorrow.

DH and I are driving out to South Hill, VA, about two hours west of us, so I can have a pre-Christmas lunch with my mom, 2 aunts and cousin. Almost there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom