What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dug out my chick feeder and waterer to clean them up and get ready. I'll have to build a new brooder.
I also think I'll adjust their outside fenced in area and will probably take a look at that tomorrow. Plus it's all overgrown with weeds and grape vines. I'll run the tiller over it and throw down some seed. I might get grass by the time they get moved outside.

Just returned from our out of town Costco foray. Our big ticket items were 2 nice pairs of Italian wool dress pants for DH and a pair of Furla sunglasses for me. Found low sodium Better Than Boullion chicken base, which I've never seen, along with a bunch of other stuff we couldn't live without :LOL: I did have to pick up a bag of Ling Ling potstickers to see what all the excitement is about, they're $2.50 off. My lunch was free Costco samples, DH had to get a turkey club as well. We got home in time to watch the pouring rain.

Just returned from our out of town Costco foray. Our big ticket items were 2 nice pairs of Italian wool dress pants for DH and a pair of Furla sunglasses for me. Found low sodium Better Than Boullion chicken base, which I've never seen, along with a bunch of other stuff we couldn't live without :LOL: I did have to pick up a bag of Ling Ling potstickers to see what all the excitement is about, they're $2.50 off. My lunch was free Costco samples, DH had to get a turkey club as well. We got home in time to watch the pouring rain.

What? You didn't pick up the big inflatable "island"??

Too bad they don't have it on the website, I was going to show it to you. It's about 8'x8', inflatable, seats 5 adults.

Friends had one at Lake of the Woods last summer, that thing was huge! I think it sat 8. Niece booted all the other kids off and claimed it for herself. I think I'd be frowned upon if I brought one down to the pool!

Last edited:
Lying back in the recliner trying to stay awake for at least another hour. My daughter and grandson spent the day with me, and grandson wore me out. :LOL: It was a great day, but boy that little 3 year old is active! :wub: :)

Lying back in the recliner trying to stay awake for at least another hour. My daughter and grandson spent the day with me, and grandson wore me out. :LOL: It was a great day, but boy that little 3 year old is active! :wub: :)

Oh lordy, those toddlers can exhaust a person, can't they? Sounds like a great day, Cheryl!

Thanks Dawg, it was a great day! Yes, they sure can be exhausting, but so much fun! You ought to see me after I spend a day with ALL my grandsons at the same time - ages 5, 4, 3, and 1.....:ohmy: :wacko: :LOL:

I am staring at an oddity in my studio....a clean desk! It took a lot of work and it will probably only last while I am sleeping, but it sure feels good!

Monkey seems to like it too. She doesn't have to mess up my piles of paper to sit and look out the window!

Thanks Dawg, it was a great day! Yes, they sure can be exhausting, but so much fun! You ought to see me after I spend a day with ALL my grandsons at the same time - ages 5, 4, 3, and 1.....:ohmy: :wacko: :LOL:
Any time you want a break you can send a couple my way. I'm pretty sure I'll never be a grandma.

I've been going through a bunch of the many tens of thousands of recipes I've clipped and saved over the decades. Recipes that, when I read them closer, I will never invest the time making. Slowly but surely I'll have all my recipes sorted and organized before I die. I plan on living to 100. Wait, do I hear you laughing? I've got long genes in my family line: a great-aunt to 102, a couple great uncles into their mid-90s, two aunts on Mom's side and one on Dad's also into their 90s. Hmm, starting to sound like I'll have plenty of time to sort recipes...:D

No... I had looked into Silkies at one time because they are cool looking, but I'm getting something more practical.

Back
Top Bottom