What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am getting my internet fix.
Six hours without power... interesting times indeed. I passed the time drinking beer and reading a story I had saved on my laptop called Lights Out.

Just got off the phone with the realtor/property manager, and I think we have a buyer for Mom's house! I accepted their counter offer. I feel a wave of a mix of nostalgia and sadness, but it sounds like this young family will love the house as much as I did growing up in it.

Dawg, I understand exactly how you feel. Even though Dad's condo was not my childhood home, he was there for almost 20 years and it was the last home he and Mom shared before she passed. There were a lot of memories and yet it was a relief when it was all done. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Dawgluver}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thought of all you Costco lovers when I picked up a Costco Cookbook at Goodwill for $1. The price was right and it had beautiful pictures of each dish. A picture always makes a recipe look more inviting. The book was put out by Costco and probably sold in the store at one time. the recipes listed brands specific to Costco, and also featured a few chefs from Food Network. It's a very nice cookbook, and the price was right!

Thought of all you Costco lovers when I picked up a Costco Cookbook at Goodwill for $1. The price was right and it had beautiful pictures of each dish. A picture always makes a recipe look more inviting. The book was put out by Costco and probably sold in the store at one time. the recipes listed brands specific to Costco, and also featured a few chefs from Food Network. It's a very nice cookbook, and the price was right!

Every couple of years, Costco distributes a soft cover "book" of recipes using (and advertising)the products they sell. I assume the vendors subsidize the book. I've not seen a cookbook for sale.

We pick one or two up every year at Thanksgiving when we visit BIL's Costco. They give them away as you go out the door. I pick up an extra one for a friend. Very nice cookbooks.

I just got back from the local Agway where I picked up some chick starter feed and did not pick up a bag of pine shavings. Apparently they have been having a hard time getting it in. I looked in my shed and still have 1/3 of a bag left from the last time I had chickens, so that will get me going.
Another reason it is good to never throw anything away.

I'm taking a "kitty break". Shreddy wants lovin's. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity while I still have it.

I'm up to my eyeballs in tax returns and I have a headache. The kitty breaks are therapeutic, yeah, that's it.

Those Costco books sound nice, Carol and Dawg - I'll have to check for one next time I'm down that way, which isn't very often unfortunately.

Dawg, that must be a relief that your late mother's house sold. :) Must have been so tough to handle all that from so far away.

I'm just catching up here a little while I have the time, have to work this afternoon (can't wait till summer break!). Last night's dinner dishes are calling me but I'm ignoring it. :whistling

I'm taking a "kitty break". Shreddy wants lovin's. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity while I still have it.

I'm up to my eyeballs in tax returns and I have a headache. The kitty breaks are therapeutic, yeah, that's it.

It is called a mental health day. Kitties have that effect on you. They know psychiatry and how to apply it to those they love. :angel:

Just got off the phone with the realtor/property manager, and I think we have a buyer for Mom's house! I accepted their counter offer. I feel a wave of a mix of nostalgia and sadness, but it sounds like this young family will love the house as much as I did growing up in it.
Dawg, I know how you feel. When we inherited my folks' home I was so happy that one or both of our kids needed someplace to live while we were fixing it up for market. It was five years before neither needed to live there, but by that time I was finally ready to let go. My folks moved there in 1958 when I was 7; I got married from that home when I was 23, and all I have is happy memories of my life there and visits after. Keep the memories close and know someone else is making their own.

Awww, thanks, LP, Cheryl and CG! It's not a done deal yet, but I'm hopeful and very excited about the sale. Excellent location, and more closets than I've ever seen in any house. Lots of fixer-upper stuff though, Mom had let a lot of things go, but the "bones" are excellent.

I just got my little Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver camera from Amazon, it's so tiny! Plan to use it for snorkeling. Had to research it on YouTube, I couldn't figure out how to get it out of the package!

Awww, thanks, LP, Cheryl and CG! It's not a done deal yet, but I'm hopeful and very excited about the sale. Excellent location, and more closets than I've ever seen in any house. Lots of fixer-upper stuff though, Mom had let a lot of things go, but the "bones" are excellent.

I just got my little Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver camera from Amazon, it's so tiny! Plan to use it for snorkeling. Had to research it on YouTube, I couldn't figure out how to get it out of the package!
:LOL:

Good luck with the house sale.

Well... I've got another week before I get my chicks, so I'm waiting.
I was putting my brooder together when they called and said the eggs didn't hatch. Kinda bummed about that as today I was hustling around getting everything ready in case they came tomorrow instead of Friday. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom