What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make my own bacon and had 4 slices. I made a fluffy omelet with broccoli, red and yellow pepper, yellow and green onion, cremini mushrooms, parmigiana reggiano and roasted garlic, oh and some red chili flakes. Used bacon fat because I save that just for occasions like this and added 7 whipped eggs over high heat until the bottom was set then in a 450 oven and it puffed up about 2", hence the fluffy omelet. :D

I make my own bacon and had 4 slices. I made a fluffy omelet with broccoli, red and yellow pepper, yellow and green onion, cremini mushrooms, parmigiana reggiano and roasted garlic, oh and some red chili flakes. Used bacon fat because I save that just for occasions like this and added 7 whipped eggs over high heat until the bottom was set then in a 450 oven and it puffed up about 2", hence the fluffy omelet. :D
Like most people, my bacon comes from a pig. How do you make your own? ;)

I got put on a statin drug because of slightly elevated cholesterol. They wanted me to take 10mg but I said I just want to start out on 5mg and see how that goes along with some dietary changes (more fiber) so I had cereal with a banana and almond milk for breakfast. I guess I'll be ok to splurge on biscuits and gravy once a week or so.

If you want to keep it higher fibre, make the biscuits out of wholewheat flour.
Well I love biscuits made with white flour, just like my grandma made. I'm not a big fan of whole wheat flour. I like whole grain breads for sandwiches sometimes or just with butter, but I can't mess around with the unhealthy perfection of sausage gravy over biscuits made with white flour! 🤣 I don't eat that every day anyway, usually breakfast is something leftover from dinner the night before. But bottom line is that I need more fiber in my diet and 6 days I week I can stick to that.

Greek yoghurt with grapes, pistachios & dates
Druiven en dadels ontbijt.jpg

I just made my husband some potato hash with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, and shallot, then mixed in some chunks of lamb cut from a leftover grilled lamb rib chop (cut from a rack of lamb originally) and topped with some over-medium still runny eggs. He's eating it right now. I only made enough for me to have a bite, it's almost noon here and far too early for breakfast (for me). :ROFLMAO:

Edited to add that I finally got around to eating about 20 minutes ago (fairly early for me still) and had a nice bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios (lightly sweetened oat cereal for those who don't live in the US) mixed with Grape Nuts (which are like fibrous cardboard pebbles for those who don't live in the US), topped with a sliced up banana and moistened with almond milk (I don't like cow's milk and I am supposed to be limiting my dairy). That's my fiber for the day. I have been managing to do that about 4x a week so that's a vast improvement over my previous breakfasts (which usually consisted of leftover dinner).

Last edited:
I need to move the cereal in my pantry to a more prominent place. I keep forgetting it is there.

For a short time, Cheerios offered a Maple flavor, but dropped it. Then Chex offered one, and dropped it. Am I the only person in the country that likes Maple flavored cereals?

CD

Back
Top Bottom