What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband has been talking about his mother's creamed chipped beef over toast (SOS) for years and I have never made it (never even tasted it) so I sauteed some cremini mushrooms in butter and made a roux and cream sauce, then added the chipped beef. I put it over toast with fried eggs. I gave honey 2 and I had 1, it was actually really good!

My husband has been talking about his mother's creamed chipped beef over toast (SOS) for years and I have never made it (never even tasted it) so I sauteed some cremini mushrooms in butter and made a roux and cream sauce, then added the chipped beef. I put it over toast with fried eggs. I gave honey 2 and I had 1, it was actually really good!

That is an old "love it or hate it" dish. My dad loved it, I hate it. :ROFLMAO:

CD

I had two sausage patties with cheese on slider buns and a cup of black coffee for breakfast. Today is one of my many "grazing" days. Mini meals spread out across the day.

CD

Cuppa earl for me and hot choc the wife. We arent big eaters in the mornings. Except Saturday I do scrambled eggs and bacon. Real crispy.

Russ

Cuppa earl for me and hot choc the wife. We arent big eaters in the mornings. Except Saturday I do scrambled eggs and bacon. Real crispy.

Russ
Sounds good to me! (Breakfast in the UK will be when I go to bed and then get up again, but that's only about 8 hours away!) (Coffee instead of tea but scrambled eggs is deffo on the menu!)

Sounds good to me! (Breakfast in the UK will be when I go to bed and then get up again, but that's only about 8 hours away!) (Coffee instead of tea but scrambled eggs is deffo on the menu!)

I also have fresh ground coffee as well. I sometimes feel like a coffee in the afternoons when I'm alone.

Russ

NZ butter is available in the UK and it's good quality of course (along with your lamb), but you won't be upset to know that I prefer to buy British! ;)

Goodnight all! :flowers:

I remember two famous brands of delicious butter we used to buy in the UK, but we can't advertise here, so no names🙄(I think you know which ones I'm referring to).
I remember the tv ads with the chants, too!

Meryl, unless you own the company mentioned, or are an employee making a pitch for them, you can mention brand names. Some times it is interesting to non-residents to hear about stock of other places. What is popular with them, etc.
Sometimes visitors/tourists like to know what is what. No harm there.

I did this again. It looks a mess but hubby says it's wonderful. I used Kerry Gold Irish butter and a bit of beef stock (and flour of course), along with heavy cream and 1/2n1/2 in my roux. This time I sauteed a little shallot with the mushrooms. Hubby wanted 3 eggs today.
20240204_135947.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom