What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well CharlieD you might like it here today then as it is meant to be 39C! It is a bit overcast so I am hoping that it means we might get some cooling rain. That's the way it usually goes in Perth, unexpected heat followed by rain soon after. They are promising a sea breeze this afternoon but it may not make it to the foothills, and in any case will have to compete with the drying Easterlies (which bring in the heat from the dessert and scrub regions). The Easterly is very strong just now.

Burrrrr! I went jogging this morning with gloves on! It's about 38F here this morning! But the sun is shining, so I'm smiling!

Well it made it to 39.8C (over 100F) today after a min of 21.6C at 6:35am! That isn't a minimum!!!!! That's just hot all day and night! One of the top 5 hottest days in Novemeber on record. Got about 100 drops of rain before it gave up the ghost. Did nothing. Will be 33C and humid tomorrow. Great! <sigh> Think I'll go do the shopping tomorrow so I can hang out over the chest freezers!

It's 45, misty and grey. The leaves are still falling and the birds are on the move south. A typical November day in western NY.

We had a big windstorm yesterday. Power was out yesterday morning until 3pm today. Lots of fallen trees.
934-Stormwinds2-SAG.standalone.prod_affiliate.39.jpg

979-stormwind9_PAD.standalone.prod_affiliate.39.jpg

Well, after several weeks of having to be inside, Buck and I are sitting out on our big front porch in our shirtsleeves. It was nearly 70 degrees F today even though it was cloudy. Humidity's at least 70% after some rain spits.

Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny and at least 70 degrees F.

We're lovin' life and our outside kitties are happy to have mommy and daddy to play with again in the evening.

Wow, corazon. You had some rockin' and rollin'. Hope all's well now.

Amazing Corazon!!

Today is bright and sunny and meant to be 30C. The cicadas are ticking away, with their tunes enveloping me as I sit at the dining table with the front and back doors open on either side of me. The cats are lolling in the garden and the birds are flitting down every so often looking for another feed. Lovely day. Good day to be alive.

Amazing Corazon!!

Today is bright and sunny and meant to be 30C. The cicadas are ticking away, with their tunes enveloping me as I sit at the dining table with the front and back doors open on either side of me. The cats are lolling in the garden and the birds are flitting down every so often looking for another feed. Lovely day. Good day to be alive.

Is there a 'home-sick' smiley? Maybe: :cry:?

Anyway, you just made me miss Perth! I have family there, and it appears that it's time I visited again. Goodness... I can just about smell the gum trees.

Here, it's raining one minute then lovely and sunny the next - currently transitioning from rainy to sunny. Can't seem to make up it's mind! :)

Is there a 'home-sick' smiley? Maybe: :cry:?

Anyway, you just made me miss Perth! I have family there, and it appears that it's time I visited again. Goodness... I can just about smell the gum trees.

Here, it's raining one minute then lovely and sunny the next - currently transitioning from rainy to sunny. Can't seem to make up it's mind! :)
We're in that up and down period of spring where you just think the heater can finally go away and then it does a cold night suddenly. Hopefully that stage is over but I have left mine out just in case.

My SIL is from the NI (Mangaweka) so she finds the heat in Perth terrible in the summer. So they now live in Busselton instead. I'm out near the Swan Valley in High Wycombe. Where abouts is your family, Stassie?

Every morning is different right now. Bitterly cold and frosty one morning, damply cool the next. This morning is cool and sunny but not crisp.

It was a high of 66 degrees today. It's still about 60 out now.
I wish it would stay like that. Tomorrow's back to reality back down into the 40's with rain/snow mix.

We're in that up and down period of spring where you just think the heater can finally go away and then it does a cold night suddenly. Hopefully that stage is over but I have left mine out just in case.

My SIL is from the NI (Mangaweka) so she finds the heat in Perth terrible in the summer. So they now live in Busselton instead. I'm out near the Swan Valley in High Wycombe. Where abouts is your family, Stassie?

We're in Hamilton, but I love the Perth heat. I've just about suceeded in persuading my husband to move over there :).

I have relatives all over the city, but usually stay in Swan View when I'm over - so quite close to you really!

Today, it was actually quite nice. The odd cloud, but better than yesterday. I can't wait till summer starts properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom