What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting hit pretty hard today in the upper midwest. We are getting snow, sleet and now rain with very high winds. I sure hope that the power stays on.:unsure:

freezing rain and high winds. DH has generator ready in case power goes. Peppermint tea for me!! DS's laptop (new one month) crashed!! Madder then a wet hornet. :>(

Blue skies, mid-80s, light ocean breeze. Down to high 60s tonight. This is the time of year I feel so lucky to live here. I sympathize with those of you who are freezing cold - and it is such a struggle to get around when the weather is so daunting. Drive carefully! My hubby and I have decided that we never want to be cold again....

freezing rain,changing to snow, suppose to get 3-6 inches tonight.Glad I don't have to go anywhere. Snuggle under blankie and have hot cocoa and i'll be just fine

wow, it is a skating rink outside. i passed a half dozen accidents on the way in tonight. the freezing rain put a nice coating down. then it changed over to all rain, which is far worse for a short period. a layer of water over ice is about as slippery as you can get!

as i got closer to the city most of the roads were just wet, but the bridges were still icy. thankfully, i'm pretty good at driving by the seat of my pants as the expression goes, so i just fishtailed a bit, then slowed it down every time i got to an elevated section of road.

wow, it is a skating rink outside. i passed a half dozen accidents on the way in tonight. the freezing rain put a nice coating down. then it changed over to all rain, which is far worse for a short period. a layer of water over ice is about as slippery as you can get!

as i got closer to the city most of the roads were just wet, but the bridges were still icy. thankfully, i'm pretty good at driving by the seat of my pants as the expression goes, so i just fishtailed a bit, then slowed it down every time i got to an elevated section of road.

You are sooooo right about wet ice. If you turn your head too quick it can put you in a fishtail.

It's been snowing here, a lot! We have about 2 feet on the level. I've shoveled twice and you can't tell that I've shoveled at all. It's supposed to continue snowing through the remainder of this week. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a day or two where the roads are closed. My deep freeze has meet in it, and my pantry is in good shape. I've got a well so liquid isn't a problem either. I'm ready.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Sunny and 46F this morning. We missed the horrible rain and wind the last few days, how lovely to wake up this morning to sunshine!!

we have had mild weather low 20's (Celsius) so far this week with more expected. After the warm/hot weather i have found it quite chilly. Even put my electric blanket on this morning! Until the light showers have passed I guess it will be like that for a while.

It is crazy here!

This morning was beautiful, sunny and hot (well it is the 3rd day of summer), then in the afternoon, i saw the grey clouds coming in and then the wind, then the rain...now its really windy but not raining hard

Winter mess here. Not as bad as they said. I have a two hour delay at work (school) so now what to do? Right, sit here on the DC forum!

Windy, snow and rain mix. 31.8 degrees and falling. YUCK!! At least it isn't coming from the south and blowing the dog door open!! I had that yesterday with an inch of snow in my entryway!

It's ranged from the teens (F.) to the high 20's. I have about 18 inches of snow on the level in my front yard and have had to clear the snow and packed-snow rubble left behind by the county plow from my driveway 3 times so far since Friday night. I'll be shoveling again tonight as my previous efforts have been undone by more falling snow. You can hardly see where I shoveld to the cement in my driveway. It looks like I haven't shoveled in a week.

Well, I have to get my exercise somehow.:ROFLMAO: When you get lemons, you make lemonaide. When you get snow, you start preparing for the anual cardboard sled race.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

When I went to work this morning, it was almost 60 degrees and sunny. Coming home, it's 45 and the wind is blowing from the north - windchill = 39. Brrrr!!!

Snowing and blowing, visibility is about 500 ft. Can't tell which way is up when you venture outside!! Thank God for sno-blowers, as I'm going to need it at 4:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom