Halloween season is coming... It's time for Pumpkin pancakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clairr

Assistant Cook
Halloween is my favorite celebration! :sorcerer:
For different reasons :
- candies, of course!
- scary movies
- and last but not least : Pumpkin!

I absolutely love pumpkin in any form - Today I'm sharing with you my Pumpkin Pancake recipe

For about 20 pancakes:

Mix together :
200g of Pumpkin purée
2 eggs (a good vegan option is chia seeds soaked in water)
2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey)
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 pinch of vanille powder

Heat a pan with a little bit of vegetal oil (Coconut for me)
When the pan is warn, add a ladler of batter
Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown

Add the toping of your choice (honey, cream cheese, maple syrup, chocolate....)

Enjoy it in front to your favorite halloween movie!

Hello Clairr and Welcome to DC!

pumpkin pancakes, YUM!

Is vanilla 'powder' common for you? I'm only just starting to hear about that and vanilla 'paste'. Have not seen either where I shop.

I made pumpkin pie one time, and had leftover pie filling, about a cup worth. i added a cup of AP flour, and 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder. When everything was mixed together, I used it as waffle batter in a Belgian waffle maker. The waffles came out really good, with just Chantilly Cream as a topping.

I love your pumpkin pancake recipe. People who know me know that I am a huge pancake fan.:yum:

And welcome to DC.

Fun Halloween muffin/cake molds - https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Halloween-Pumpkin-Lantern-2105-1499/dp/B001UYREOA

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-...TRQ3WQFGN7V&psc=1&refRID=SQJEQW5MCTRQ3WQFGN7V

https://www.etsy.com/listing/752422607/flying-bat-silicone-mould-55-mm-food?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=bat+cake+molds&ref=sr_gallery-1-23&cns=1

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
A great Halloween meal :

1. Spaghetti with meatball eyes:
Ingredients:
[*]1/2 lb. 70/30ground beef
[*]1/2 lb. ground pork
[*]1/2 cu minced onion
[*]3 cloves minced garlic
[*]1/2 cup cracker, or bread crumbs
[*]1 large egg
[*]1 tsp. salt
[*]2 tsp. ground black pepper
[*]1/4 cup grated hard Italian chees - Parmesano Regiano, Romano-Pecorino, Asiago, etc.
[*]1 can sliced, ripe black olives
[*]3/4 cup Creme' Fresh, or Neufchatel cheese, softened

Combine all but the Creme' Fresh/Neufchatel, and black olives together. form into 1 inch meatballs. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Place inj 375' F. oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn over. Place back into the oven for 15 more minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool.

Spaghettis: Ingredients:
  • 12 oz. can of tomato puree
  • 12 oz. can chopped tomato
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. dried Oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. Dried Sweet Basil
  • 1/4 tsp. dried Rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
  • 2 Bay Leaves
  • 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
  • 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
While the meatballs are cooking, combine all ingredients in a 2 quart Dutch Oven, or large cooking pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer for 20minutes. stir every ten minutes to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan. This sauce should be watery/runny.

Add a half box of whole wheat spaghetti noddle's to the pot. Reduce heat to medium. Add two tbs. of olive oil to the water to help prevent the water from boiling over. Cook for ten minutes, or to al dente. .

The pasta will absorb the excess water from the sauce, giving you a thick and rich sauce that easily coats, and flavors the noodles. To make this more interesting, you could make a dark-brown roux from butter and flour to darken the sauce, make it look more like dirt. a half pound of browned, ground beef would also make it look more like dirt.

With the meatballs cooled, smear a thin, circular layer of the Creme'-freshNeufchatel cheese onto the top of each meatball, followed by a slice of the black olive, right in the middle. Plate the spaghetti, and place four, or more of these meatball eyes onto each plate. Serve with baked Jak-O-Lanterns

Baked Jack-O-Lanterns
Ingredients:
  • 1 mini-pumpkin (about 4 to 5 inches in diameter) per person
  • 1/2 cup
  • softened butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 14 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Combine the butter, sugar, and spices. Cut the tops off of the pumpkins, as if you were getting ready to carve a pumpkin. Remove the seeds. Cut Jack-O-Lantern faces in each pumpkin. Smear the butter mixture inside of the pumpkins. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375' F for 30 minutes.
Serve one for each child.

For desert, use one of those Halloween cake pans to make monster cookies, or muffins, or cakes. Be creative with your cake colors, and decorations.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom