Dinner for Wed May 10th/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Tonights dinner ideas...5/10/Wednesday

Steaks marinating in bbq sauce (made from Cattlemen's/pepsi/honey/chipotle mustard) quick grilled, potato salad, green beans, 'chipotle chili choco cake'. I'd better get to the market and buy some ingredients.

Anyone cookin tonight?

Last edited:
I just got done making the broth for French onion soup. It smells really nice.

tonight I am attempting a low cal weight watchers version of fried chicken, that coincidentally is made in the oven.
Southern Oven "Fried" Chicken
1/2 cup fat free buttermilk
1/2 cup cornflakes, crushed
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 pounds chicken parts, skinned (this is the part that breaks my heart!)
4 tsp canola oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour the buttermilk into a large shallow bowl. On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken in buttermilk, then dredge in the cornflake mixture, coating properly. Place the chicken on the baking sheet; drizzle with the oil. Bake 30 min, then turn and bake 15-20 min, until cooked through.

It's in my new weight watchers cookbook and is supposed to make 4 servings with 5pts per serving. prob serve with a nice salad and a baked potatoe. Me and hubby use most of our points at night so we can do things like this...

We're having:

Baked Rosemary/Garlic Chicken
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Buttered Corn
Cheddar Biscuits
Lemonade

uhm yah, soo much for the salad just read a bunch of recipes for broccoli, thinking the menus going to change a bit lol...

Trip said:
tonight I am attempting a low cal weight watchers version of fried chicken, that coincidentally is made in the oven.
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp canola oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour the buttermilk into a large shallow bowl. On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken in buttermilk, then dredge in the cornflake mixture, coating properly. Place the chicken on the baking sheet; drizzle with the oil. Bake 30 min, then turn and bake 15-20 min, until cooked through.

It's in my new weight watchers cookbook and is supposed to make 4 servings with 5pts per serving. prob serve with a nice salad and a baked potatoe. Me and hubby use most of our points at night so we can do things like this...
You know something Trip this sounds really good.I think I'm going to give a try myself -thanks for posting the recipe!!!:)
As for me dinner tonight was a graham cracker- I'm saving room for dessert- Peanut butter on a graham cracker!!!!:LOL:

Dinner tonight was put together in between diapers, runny noses, naps and feedings:LOL: But I got it almost ready now:wacko:
I'm trying chicken breasts pounded thin in a mustard sauce after sauteing them, will have,mushrooms, stuffed with onion,garlic,prosciutto,parsley, marjoram, bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper and some white wine. baby artichokes with lemon,onions,garlic,marjoram,evoo,chix broth salt and pepper, some linguine with shrimp,garlic,wine,evoo,butter mushrooms (yep more mushrooms) :LOL: and a tossed green salad with veggies, bacon, hard cooked egg, croutons,that stuff:LOL: dessert is Strawberries and frozen peaches in sugar,lemon,OJ,a little sweet vermouth and some white wine...
After this is on the tabble, I'm going to go collapse:ROFLMAO: If I can push myself away from the table..The kids get to clean UP:angel:

kadesma

I'm continuing to experiment with the correct proportions for a catastrophically fatty Three Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

It's really just a grilled cheese using stone ground bread and a center of swiss cheese (adhesive), gorganzola and bucheron.

It's only okay...the cheese isn't done justice by the bread and the texture is all wrong. But I'll find a way to make it better...soon.

Trip said:
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp canola oil

this sounds so good, do you go into any special web sites to get these recipes? Also, how did you get the points you are supposed to be one as opposed to anyone else's number of points? does that make sense?

I have a book that tells me how many points I am supposed to have based on the fact that I'm a woman, and I'm above a certain weight. The points are based on calories/50 + fat/12 - fibre to a maximum of 4 = points value. I have everything on an ebook including a points list. That particular website I pulled out of my weight watchers cookbook, which I'm having a blast with right now... made some really good pork tenderloin the other night... tonight we'll try another one, will prob post the recipe to that too lol. If you need any info feel free to ask, I have it all saved to my computer and can send it.

Last night's meal was a Chicken Tagine with Vegetables & Preserved Lemons, served with whole-wheat couscous & whole-wheat pita bread.

Back
Top Bottom