Dinner Sunday 10-26-08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinkin' bagel pizzas....
Need something quick and easy, the kitchen and dining room in a few minutes will be full of pumpkin guts and sugar cookie dough.....
:)

probably? left over french onion soup, and a grilled shaved roast beef and provolone cheese with mexican green chilies:chef:

Reading theses posts, now I am wishing I had bought the pork tenderloin I had in my cart before I found the arm roast on sale. I already had the hominy in the cart anyway.

Now I am thinking about cooking the beef roast, stuffed with fresh garlic so I can have sandwiches you are making with the leftovers.

Oh, decisions, decisions................ :rolleyes:

Pork loin roast, roasted potatoes, steamed then sauteed asparagus with olive oil and garlic.

I used the recipe that Constance provided in the "pork" forum. Thanks, Constance!

Last edited:
Split cornish hens baked with s&p, basted with red wine, butter, and lemon. Spinache noodles tossed in olive oil, garlic, s&p. Green salad. Should have taken a picture, pacanis would have been proud!

why did they spilt up, sattie? it was those big breasted canadian chickens showing off, wasn't it? :huh:

ok, today i hit one out of the park. i made my bone-in loin end pork rib roast in the crock pot, and it was awesome! it was a pork rib roast with a big hunk of fattier meat still attached around the leaner loin part. i knew it was good when dw ate 2 chops, gnawing on the bones at the end, and requested that i make it again, exactly the way i made this one.

i rendered the fat from a coupla strips of maple bacon, then browned the s&p rubbed roast on all sides in the fat. my boy and i snacked on the crisped bacon as we browned the meat. 2 medium onions were cut into 1/2 inch rings, and were placed on the bottom of the crock pot. the browned roast was placed on top of the onions, bone side down. 4 peeled and cored apples (2 gala, 2 granny smith) were halved then nestled around the roast, along with 4 large sage leaves, and about 10 whole sprigs of fresh thyme were placed over top of everything. the lid went on and it cooked on high for 3 1/2 hours.

when it was done, the meat was removed to a cutting board, the thyme and sage discarded, the onions and apples carefully scooped/drained into a side dish, and the remaining liquid was poured off into a large skillet, reduced by a third, and thickened with a corn starch slurry.

it was delicious - sweet and savory. i think i'll post this as an actual recipe, if i get some time later.

That pork roast sounds very good BT.
Sattie, thanks for the idea on splitting the game hens. I've got some CGHs, but wasn't sure how I was going to cook them yet. I think I'll split them spatchcock (?) style and grill them that way. I just need to find a youtube video so I know how :LOL:

Supper ended up being the ABTs. The pulled pork wasn't ready to come off the cooker until 10:15, then by the time it rested and was pulled.... well, too late for dinner now, but it made a fine bedtime snack :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ABTs.jpg
    ABTs.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 161
  • pulled pork3.jpg
    pulled pork3.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 152
  • pulled pork4.jpg
    pulled pork4.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom