Friday, June 8, 2018, pizza anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Grilled pizzas again using the no knead dough.

Guanciale and fennel with fresh mozzarella

Cantaloupe chutney and prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, fontinella and a mild blue cheese with a walnut garnish

No pics but we also had a pepperoni and a Margherita.

Attachments

• 2018-06-08 19.41.02.jpg
    2018-06-08 19.41.02.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 148
  • 2018-06-08 19.40.40.jpg
    2018-06-08 19.40.40.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
ooohhh..the decadence of guanciale..I'm envious...

Here was clean out the fridge pasta..mushrooms, chopped tomato, baby spinach, Italian sausage and the other usual suspects with farfale..

Attachments

• 34860810_10156518341244993_5923430216729886720_n.jpg
    34860810_10156518341244993_5923430216729886720_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 140
We had a frittata with mushrooms, peppers, onions, chives and cheese for dinner tonight.

Per Himself, I must have bought leftovers at the store today, because there are so many of them! :ermm: We did empty out one space by finishing up the leftover creamy chicken and wild rice soup. There is a chance I'll fit the rest of the groceries in the fridge - or maybe I'll end up leaving sturdier produce in the cooler with an ice bottle.

I may have to eat an entire wedge of watermelon to make some room...

What a nice long sunny spring afternoon beside the barby, with the good book I finished along with my favorite music.

I smoked a brined 2.5 lb pork loin roast on my gas grill with the full load of wood chips for my "V smoker box" and it turned out spectacular at 250 degrees. It took over 3 hrs, and my ThermoWorks probe thermometer was invaluable.

I made a really good pasta salad to go with it, and a basket of grilled marinated vegetables. Good afternoon, with a great meal tonight.
Thanks for your advice Andy.

Attachments

• P6080112[1].jpg
    P6080112[1].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I took my first harvest of jalepeños, that are not very hot, but still have a little heat in them, and cut them in half, cleaned out the seeds, and stuffed them with cheese, covered them in bacon, and cooked them in the oven. I used the Searsall to "broil" them at the end.

I didn't take pictures, although I should have. They were excellent. Simple food. I think Anthony Bourdain would have approved. I know I enjoyed them. The heat was just right for this application. There was a good balance of heat snd sweetness from the peppers when cooked. Add cheese and bacon, and how can you go wrong.

My next harvest of japs will be hotter. By the end of summer, they will be too hot for anything but salsas and seasoning big foods.

CD

Last edited:
What a nice long sunny spring afternoon beside the barby, with the good book I finished along with my favorite music.

I smoked a brined 2.5 lb pork loin roast on my gas grill with the full load of wood chips for my "V smoker box" and it turned out spectacular at 250 degrees. It took over 3 hrs, and my ThermoWorks probe thermometer was invaluable.

I made a really good pasta salad to go with it, and a basket of grilled marinated vegetables. Good afternoon, with a great meal tonight.
Thanks for your advice Andy.

My mouth is watering, Kayelle. Glad it turned out so good for you.

Yesterday was grocery and Walmart day for us, so we stopped and got KFC for lunch and I had leftovers for supper. Mom was so full from lunch she didn't want want anything for supper.

We went to my in-law's for dinner last night. Mom went all out, making chili, rice, corn on the cob, lightly steamed broccoli, and salad, with chopped tomatoes on the side. The tomatoes were left out for me because while I can handle some cooked in the chili, I am still very sensitive to them raw.

Dessert was rhubarb cake with apple/rhubarb sauce and whipped cream on the side. None of this was too sweet.

I think Mom is almost happy to have another diabetic to cook for besides Dad. This way she can make the things that are "healthy" for us and still have the ones she, TB, and his brother like as well.

I am loving these Friday night family dinners. Why didn't we move closer years ago? :LOL:

Everything looks and sounds wonderful.
Wish I had some of that pork right now.

Last night I did chicken wings (cooked in Instant Pot then under the broiler for a few minutes) with Ken's blue cheese dressing and melted butter with Frank's hot sauce for dipping and macaroni and cheese. And salad not pictured.

chicken_wings_060818_IMG_4316.jpg

That pork and beans looks like something we'd enjoy, Wyshie. Recipe, please? I did a quick look-see online and didn't find anything similar. On the other hand, my search produced a couple other possible meals, so all was not lost. :LOL:

Didn't catch up with you yesterday, too busy doing and re-doing for Bill my stepson - because as soon as I'd finished it to Savoy Hotel standards, Lucas our beautiful setter decided to 'nest' there. He was ecstatic! I wasn't!

I hope I'm in order to say that, to welcome my stepson, I'm doing spatchcok chicken, he likes beer, and I can see him and his Dad talking until the small hours.

Back
Top Bottom