Natn'l Greasy Foods Day ~ 10/25/2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Rather than pan fry
(hence the heading for today's menu thread)
some Costco Boneless Pork Chops,
I'm going to use my Air Fryer and try this
IMG_0996.jpg
It caught my eye at the Mega-Mart the other day
and Mom had made a comment that she just loves Pork Chops
and hadn't had any in so long (reads as I wasn't cooking for her for the past 9 years :LOL:)
Anyways, I'm sure that this is just seasoned Panko,
but we'll give it a twirl around the dance floor.

To accompany the Chops, I found some Twice Baked-Fully Loaded
Potatoes in the deep freeze, that's be nice- and then something Green too, not sure yet what Veg, but there will be plenty of that!

Whatcha cookin'?

I've not quite decided yet, but I'm considering making something with the Easy Kabob. I'm going to ponder dinner plans while sitting in the Pedi chair! Just finished the Christmas cards, so I figure I earned the pedi! ;)

I've not quite decided yet, but I'm considering making something with the Easy Kabob. I'm going to ponder dinner plans while sitting in the Pedi chair! Just finished the Christmas cards, so I figure I earned the pedi! ;)

I'd never heard of this before. I had to look that up and it looks so cool!
We don't eat kebabs, but our Nephew's wife makes them often. He's spent alot of time with the Marine Corp in the Middle East.

As to your Pedi, enjoy!
Mom made mention, yet again, that she needed to "have my toenails clipped" :huh:
And were do I go for a pedicure :ermm: Ummm I don't, I do my own as well as DH.
So I text'd Mrs. N-D Neighbor to ask her where she goes ... Walmart!
Okay.
So I called them up said we'd be by in about an hour, and
Bob's your Uncle!
Mom said she'll be good for probably 6 months.

Monday ; AGAIN ! Dinner ? 10 / 25

Taco Tuesday a Day Early ...
Bowl of Chili, (From the Freezer)
Beef Tacos with Onion & Chopped Cilantro & Lime Squeeze..

(Beef is the Short side of last night's Porterhouse..)
Ore-ida Crispy Crowns (Air Fryer) over A Hot sauce Drizzle..

Chili Bowl, Beef Tacos 10-25-21.jpg

Leftover leftovers tonight. Ribs; mac & cheese; sauteed apples; butternut squash; potato salad. Last night's soup, but that won't be needed because there is plenty of older stuff.

No cooking for me!

We had a Danish dish that I have only made once before, "millionbøf". It's onions and ground beef, fried enough to not be raw and then simmered in beef bouillon with a bay leaf thrown in. Then, it's thickened with flour shaken in some water and simmered until the sauce is thick enough and the raw taste of the flour is gone. Served it with potatoes, rødkål (Danish red cabbage), and a pickle. It was actually pretty good.

Attachments

• Millionbøf, potatoes, rødkål, and a pickle.jpg
    Millionbøf, potatoes, rødkål, and a pickle.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 34
Rather than pan fry
(hence the heading for today's menu thread)
some Costco Boneless Pork Chops,
I'm going to use my Air Fryer and try this
View attachment 49500
It caught my eye at the Mega-Mart the other day
and Mom had made a comment that she just loves Pork Chops
and hadn't had any in so long (reads as I wasn't cooking for her for the past 9 years :LOL:)
Anyways, I'm sure that this is just seasoned Panko,
but we'll give it a twirl around the dance floor.

To accompany the Chops, I found some Twice Baked-Fully Loaded
Potatoes in the deep freeze, that's be nice- and then something Green too, not sure yet what Veg, but there will be plenty of that!

Whatcha cookin'?

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Note to self: Don't cook quite so long.
145° internal temp is too high - kinda over done
135° with a 5 minute rest before service would probably be better.
Although I think the Sous Vide method is far superior to the AF for juiciness, but then for the crunch factor, this coating was tasty and crunchy. :yum:

I was running around all day, so I stopped at Wendy's and got a Asiago Ranch Chicken Club. That was probably greasy enough. :yum:

CD

View attachment 49515

View attachment 49516

Note to self: Don't cook quite so long.
145° internal temp is too high - kinda over done
135° with a 5 minute rest before service would probably be better.
Although I think the Sous Vide method is far superior to the AF for juiciness, but then for the crunch factor, this coating was tasty and crunchy. :yum:
The chop looks great. I have been thinking about Shake N Bake, but Oven Fry looks better. Did you use egg or water to moisten?

We ended up going the easy route: l/o roast turkey breast & roasted root veggies. I made some mashed taters and gravy to fill it out a bit. It was yummy and we slept well!

K-Girl, a few years back, DH had a very limited diet, GF, etc. It was a challenge to keep him on track. One of the dishes I found was a skillet chops recipe, wonderful and I still make it to this day. I have the cookbook, but here's a link to the recipe online: https://www.cookstr.com/recipes/braised-tuscan-pork-chops

Served with a side of noodles or zoodles, it is a great meal!

Ginny, that pork chop recipe reminds me of something I used to make. Browned some pork chops. Poured a can of Del Monte stewed tomatoes (There was no high fructose corn syrup in it when I was making this.) in the pan with the chops. And then simmered until everything was hot and the chops were done. I used to serve it with brown rice or pasta.

Ginny, that pork chop recipe reminds me of something I used to make. Browned some pork chops. Poured a can of Del Monte stewed tomatoes (There was no high fructose corn syrup in it when I was making this.) in the pan with the chops. And then simmered until everything was hot and the chops were done. I used to serve it with brown rice or pasta.

Oh...you might want to try another one that I've been making since High School...many moons ago. I found it in a Hunt's ad in a magazine, but here's a link to that recipe: https://www.cooks.com/recipe/gi8gj4vg/hunts-skillet-chops-and-rice.html

I still make this one too. There's enough rice to use 6 chops in the recipe...but these days, I often use just 2 chops & use the leftover rice for something else. It is still a DH favorite too.

Oh...you might want to try another one that I've been making since High School...many moons ago. I found it in a Hunt's ad in a magazine, but here's a link to that recipe: https://www.cooks.com/recipe/gi8gj4vg/hunts-skillet-chops-and-rice.html

I still make this one too. There's enough rice to use 6 chops in the recipe...but these days, I often use just 2 chops & use the leftover rice for something else. It is still a DH favorite too.
Thanks, but the reason I quit making the pork chops in stewed tomatoes was that DH doesn't like food with that much tomato. And nowadays, cooked tomato, beyond teeny tiny quantities, aggravates my arthritis.

The chop looks great. I have been thinking about Shake N Bake, but Oven Fry looks better. Did you use egg or water to moisten?

MsM, I used an egg and REALLY smashed the crumbs into the chops.
This new-to-me Oven Fry was just seasoned Panko, as I suspected.
Tasty, but the chops were over cooked.

We ended up going the easy route: l/o roast turkey breast & roasted root veggies. I made some mashed taters and gravy to fill it out a bit. It was yummy and we slept well!

K-Girl, a few years back, DH had a very limited diet, GF, etc. It was a challenge to keep him on track. One of the dishes I found was a skillet chops recipe, wonderful and I still make it to this day. I have the cookbook, but here's a link to the recipe online: https://www.cookstr.com/recipes/braised-tuscan-pork-chops

Served with a side of noodles or zoodles, it is a great meal!

Thanks, Ginny!

Oh...you might want to try another one that I've been making since High School...many moons ago. I found it in a Hunt's ad in a magazine, but here's a link to that recipe: https://www.cooks.com/recipe/gi8gj4vg/hunts-skillet-chops-and-rice.html...
I took a peek at this one - can you tell it's an old recipe! It calls for "2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce". Do they even sell 8 ounce cans? I know that because of price, I'll stock up on 29?-ounce cans* when they're on sale, then freeze half of the can if I haven't planned another meal that I can use it in.

*You know, the new "quart". :glare:

I took a peek at this one - can you tell it's an old recipe! It calls for "2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce". Do they even sell 8 ounce cans? I know that because of price, I'll stock up on 29?-ounce cans* when they're on sale, then freeze half of the can if I haven't planned another meal that I can use it in.

Yes, they still sell the 8-oz cans. I just bought a case of them at Bi-Mart, as they are hard to find. When I don't have the 8-oz'ers, I use one 15-oz can, and just add 1/2 to the rice and save the other half for the top.

I get tired of running from store to store, so for non-perishables, I tend to buy a large quantity when I do find it! At least at Bi-Mart, they take your word for them all "being exactly the same" and ring one, times X #. At Walmart, they ring each one separately. Sigh.
smileys-confused-917847.gif

I buy 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce all the time.

I guess there´s nothing greasier than a Full English breakfast. Eggs, sausages, bread, mushrooms, black pudding if you want, bacon, baked beans - all fried except the beans.
And there´s nothing better to start the day, with a huge mug of Builder´s tea.:LOL::LOL:
Yoghourt? Granola? Fresh fruit? Nah!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

P.S. I think the 29-oz cans and the 7.5 or the 8-oz that are now super-sized to 12-oz...I think it must have something to do with the New, New Math. I don't get it either. One day, I asked the guy at the meat counter (not calling him a butcher, 'cuz he ain't)...to get a 1-1/2 pound of the ground beef. Explaining that all the packages have 1-1/4 pounds and went on to say that most recipes call for 1 pound or 1 & 1/2 pounds, not 1 & 1/4. He nodded, gragged a couple of packages and went in the back. Came back and handed me...ONE AND ONE-QUARTER pounds of ground beef. Sigh. I shook my head, handed it back and walked away. I don't think it is my place to teach him math.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom