Tuesday's menu - 7/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Chicken Drums, Fried Yukons, Steamed and Buttered Cauliflower.............

Chicken Drums, Buffalo.jpg

Cast Iron seared skirt steak (hub had larger steak. I had half of the smaller and the other half will be a for later or tomorrow) and steamed corn.

skirt_corn_072721_IMG_8330.jpg

Remember the Del Monte "String Bean Team?" I could have easily qualified for it. :yum:

Tonight we had meatloaf, garden string beans with non-garden potatoes, summer pickles (made with garden cucumbers, garlic, shallot and dill,) and watermelon.

Attachments

• 2021-07-27.jpg
    2021-07-27.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 35
I cooked up a French steak, it's mechanically tenderized. I served it with a cream sauce, a leafy salad with homemade vinaigrette, and some smashed potato. Jordbærgrød with cream for dessert. Jordbærgrød is a version of the famous Danish rødgrød, but with only strawberries, no other berries or fruit. It wasn't as good as strawberry ice cream, for a bit more work. Well, now I know. It was still good. I forgot to take a picture of the dessert.

French steak with cream sauce, salad with homemade vinaigrette, and smashed potato.jpg

GS is visiting so I made his favorite meal: chicken 'nuggets' and tater tots. They come out pretty good for a first try. They'll be better next time.

Back
Top Bottom