What did you eat Tuesday, December 12, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Shallow fried thin-cut chicken breast, succotash (cream corn, lima beans, butter, and sugar), and Knorr's Parmesan noodle side for dinner last night.

fried_chicken_121223_1_IMG_2161.jpg

I made a kit meal, Ropa Vieja: Cuban Braised Beef with Peppers and Olives. DH loved it and said, "You can make this anytime!" I'll be on the lookout for a recipe, as the kit came with pre-cooked shredded beef. It was very tasty!

My uncle was Cuban and a great chef. Sure do miss him. Wish I had some of his recipes!

I made that Chicken, Onions & Mushrooms in Marsala Sauce. I was shocked to find I had no mushrooms! Out came a can of sliced mushrooms to the rescue. Worked just fine! Matter of fact it was so fine I had the other half for breakfast this morning, cold straight from the fridge. Win-win Hot and a Win-win Cold. Couldn't lose.
I pretty much/sort of/almost followed a "Seasons & Supper" recipe.
Classic Chicken Marsala

Last week I froze, thawed, sliced a slab of tofu, dipped in a plain flour batter, then in crumbs, baked on both sides for 20 minutes each at 350 deg F. I froze packages of it to use whenever. We're been slicing or chopping these and adding them to a few dishes. We had ww spaghetti with tomato mushroom sauce, chopped breaded tofu, and nutritional yeast. MMMM it was good and filling.

I made a kit meal, Ropa Vieja: Cuban Braised Beef with Peppers and Olives. DH loved it and said, "You can make this anytime!" I'll be on the lookout for a recipe, as the kit came with pre-cooked shredded beef. It was very tasty!

My uncle was Cuban and a great chef. Sure do miss him. Wish I had some of his recipes!
I know what you mean. Being down here in Fl., we are lucky to have their foods all around us.

Post 7. I've been thinking about making this because it's been a long time since we made it. It is great leftover.

We had a produce box delivery yesterday, so we had store bought beef and barley soup. It came in a jar, not in a can. It was pretty good. I'll get it again for emergencies.

Pork tenderloin. Trimmed away the silver; patted them dry with paper towels; seasoned generously with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and chopped dried rosemary. Seared on all sides in a mixture of bacon fat and canola oil. Placed in foil folded into pouches, topped with lots of butter, and baked at 400 F for 20 minutes. After they come out of the oven I put them on a big platter and poured the liquid out of the foil; this is basically like a pan sauce. Served with mashed potatoes.

Very fast, very easy and at only $1.99 a pound for the pork, pretty inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom