World UFO Day Dinner - 7/2/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Yes, there really is a World UFO Day.

https://www.worldufoday.com/

To celebrate, we're having UFO's (Unidentifiable Food Objects) for dinner. Back in my school days it was called Mystery Meat.

But I know what they're made of. Ground lamb, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, and a few spices - aka Greek Meatballs. Lemony basmati rice, tzatziki, spinach salad on the side.

My DD suggested picking up pizza from one of our favorite little hole in wall places.
But nothing definite yet.

Jeannie had a 12:30 doctor appointment so we went to our fave diner for today's main meal..

Patty melt combos.. Sandwich, salad and iced tea.. They always start out with a cup of soup.. Barley beef today..

$6.29 per combo.. :ohmy: I'm lovin MO.. :LOL:

Ross

I just fired up the Weber. Grilled rib eye and a side salad, lots of iced tea with lemon to guzzle.

Whole baked cauliflower with almond tarator.

Attachments

• 2018-07-02 17.53.01.jpg
    2018-07-02 17.53.01.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 132
I just fired up the Weber. Grilled rib eye and a side salad, lots of iced tea with lemon to guzzle.

'twas delish. Kitchen is all cleaned and closed. The rest of that huge rib eye will be nibbled on tomorrow - probably steak and eggs in the morning, maybe a steak sandwich for an early dinner. :yum:

Attachments

• grilled ribeye and salad.jpg
    grilled ribeye and salad.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 103
We ordered delivery from pizza place. I got child order of pasta and meatballs. Will be having an ear of white corn on the cob later if I want a snack.

Looks good, everyone! :yum:

How was the grilled salad? :-p I bet you forgot the comma after "eye". We have grilled romaine, and it's rather tasty. Cut in half, doused in oil, and grilled. Yum!

Yep, I did forget the comma. Thank you for pointing that out! ;) I'm sure grilled romaine has it's place, but here in the triple digit summer, romaine belongs on a cold salad plate. :yum:

I’m running out of just about everything, but I did have some burrito-size tortillas, tomato paste, cheese, some veggies and packaged ham, so we had tortilla pizza (pizzada?). Tomato paste is better than pizza sauce, because it doesn’t get the tortilla all soggy.

It was so good, we had two! Now I’m out of onions and garlic as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom