Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let it bug you babe, i sense a little of that about her, but, heck she's just like you and me. She has to eat, sleep and cook just like we do. A little more money or a lot more who the heck cares.We know when someone likes us it's not for our "things":LOL:
kadesma

thanks kadesma, it does get to me. but then i should take my own advice. don't watch her. :)

Im torn between Ina garten,Steve Raichlen and Mario batalli!!my ultimate food fantasy is that they all cook for me like Breakfast by Ina, lunch by Steven and supper by Mario...desserts will be the three of them:)

come to think of it, its actually hard to decide since that each of them has their own specialty, and each of us has our own tastes. still love italian thats why i like giada and mario :)

If we're talking about who can turn out the best meal, I'd have to give it to Jaques Pepin. I don't know that he's ever actually run a kitchen though.

Emeril runs some very nice kitchens, but he over spices for my taste. Subtlety is not a word in his vocabulary. He's got my vote for the most entertaining celebrity chef though.

Using the requirements that the Celebrity Chef is a true chef who has actually run a successful kitchen, and is entertaining enough to watch on television or read, my vote is for the Big Man himself, Paul Prudhomme.

I would have to pick Tom Colicchio. After reading "Think like a Chef" I can see he has real passion for good food made with the best and freshest ingredients. I just wish we could see him cook instead of just being the judge

i think she means the lowbrow cook shouldn't make her stuff if their budget limits them to lesser brands, dave you are so kind , doesn't sound like that to me. :ermm:

If you don't know Ina, you shouldn't put thoughts in her head that you don't know are there.

She's actually a very kind and sweet person, and I don't think she looks down at anyone.

FWIW, many of the personalities cited in this thread are not chefs at all. They are TV cooking personalities. I wonder if that is what the OP meant, or did they mean Chefs in the strict sense of the word?

IMHO. In order of talent
1. Morimoto
2. Batali
3. Flay (it took a while for me to learn to respect him, but he does well on the throwdowns, even when he isn't familiar with the food type.)
4. Lagassie (I too have heard he's the real deal, though you wouldn't know it from his shows)
5. Florence (though I'd have to be in the kitchen playing and creating)
6. Any true chocolatier or trained pastry chef
7. Not celebrity, but my daughters and one of my sons, very creative minds.

I think that about rounds it out.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I like quite a few of them, it depends on what they are making. I most often watch Paula Deen (my kind of food) and Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade as well as her money saving show. Good ideas about planned overs. Of course I love watching Alton Brown he's informative and funny.

Having had James Martin actually cook for me here in the UK, I can honestly say hand on heart, that his dishes were undoubtedly the best food I have ever eaten.

Two of the dishes are featured on his new iPad and iPhone mini app thing. First was the sirloin steak with reduced red wine, Shalott and herb butter with a light green salad (would have preferred good chunky chips though). And, the second was chicken with Parmesan, lemon, hazelnuts & thyme.

Absolutely stunning!

jamesmartinsfood.com/

I'm not a fan of the cooking contests except for the cakes and candy creations.

I watch most of the Chefs IF they are making something I might like to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom