Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired of the celebrity chefs whose only purpose seems to be cooking for the cameras and the entertainment value. Lagasse is one of them.
I have a new love in my life and his name is Hubert Keller,Secrets of a Chef. This guy is a true chef and his recipes are soooo mouth watering. He's on the PBS Create channel, not sure if he's on the FoodTV network. Check this guy out and just watch what he does.

I've seen Keller before...he's "eh". I like a couple of his twists on burgers though.

The PBS Create channel has alot of good shows.

For me it would depend on what we were having.
Italian - Nick Stellino
French - Jacques Pepin
Southern - The Neeley's
Northern - Ina Garten
Anything else, definitely Emeril

Yes, he's got a new show on that he produces here in Seattle. I had the fortuneate opportunity to meet him once about 10 years ago and he autographed one of his cookbooks for me!

Ohhhh I LOVE Nick Stellino. I used to watch him on PBS Create all the time and suddenly he was gone. Do you know if he's on TV anywhere else??

He's on WLIW or PBS sometimes. I can't tollerate him though. He talks to you like you're a 10 year old. "Follow the fingers..." :bash:

He's on WLIW or PBS sometimes. I can't tollerate him though. He talks to you like you're a 10 year old. "Follow the fingers..." :bash:

That's just for the beginners who don't know how to cook. I think it's a great learning tool to show the stages of how things are supposed to look like :)

Yes, he's got a new show on that he produces here in Seattle. I had the fortuneate opportunity to meet him once about 10 years ago and he autographed one of his cookbooks for me!

See?? Another reason I love Seattle so much. :LOL:

I've made his recipes and they all turn out sooooo very good. I miss him and his "walking fingers."

Larry, I didn't take it as knocking him, I was just offering a possible explanation.

I have always been fascinated watching him because everything looks so easy and second nature when he does it. Also, he is explaining every step of the way. More of a teacher than a personality.

I didnt think you thought that Andy :) , I just wanted to make it clear my thoughts and intentions.

I miss seeing Julia Child and Jeff Smith. Justin Wilson knew how to cook Southern well.

I used to love to watch Jeff Smith and Julia taught me how to cook. Jeff, unfortunatly had some personal issues that I think killed him in the end :(

I've seen Keller before...he's "eh". I like a couple of his twists on burgers though.

The PBS Create channel has alot of good shows.

I find his recipes to be far more than just "eh" but that's my opinion of course.
If you like his burgers, his restuarant in the Mandalaly Bay Hotel in Las Vegas serves up his Kobe beef burger at a mere $79.00. A la carte. :cool:

My sig below was one of his sayings. Its too bad about his scandal.

Jeff Smith was always one of my favorites as well (although he, also, wasn't a "chef" - lol). I have all of his cookbooks except for the "family" one, since I don't have children.

The child-abuse scandals of which he was accused were never proved, but he settled out of court to spare his family. Still bitter about the allegations & pretty much confined to a motorized wheelchair due to heart disease, he passed away in 2004.

I hope we don't start beating Jeff Smith to death over the scandal thing because that's not what this thread is about. Hope we stick to the orginal subject.

I just wanted to say that I loved watching him, and I thought his show was not only informative but his recipes looked delicious. The one thing I loved about him was the way he looked so confused. He never remembered where he put any of his tools and gadgets and would have to hunt around for them on camera. He was great. I don't care about his personal life, let's let the man rest in peace.

I hope we don't start beating Jeff Smith to death over the scandal thing because that's not what this thread is about. Hope we stick to the orginal subject.

I just wanted to say that I loved watching him, and I thought his show was not only informative but his recipes looked delicious. The one thing I loved about him was the way he looked so confused. He never remembered where he put any of his tools and gadgets and would have to hunt around for them on camera. He was great. I don't care about his personal life, let's let the man rest in peace.

I agree - He had a wonderful television persona :)

Bobby Flay or Guy Fieri because both cook the way I like to eat. Grilling with Bobby would be the best. Guy makes so much that I end up cooking so I could definitely see him cooking for me.

Wow most of the chefs you have mentioned i haven't even heard of lol.

I think the main two i know are just jamie oliver and gordan ramsey. Are they any good? They seem quite good from what i have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom