Crab Cakes ~ question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
I want to make recipe that calls for Dry Mustard but I don't have any. Can I substitute regular mustard or should I go to the store and get some? I hate going to Wal-Mart for one item on a Sunday. It's a mad house over there.

You can use prepared mustard. Depending on the quantity of crab cake mixture your recipe makes, I would suggest starting with about 1/4 teaspoon Dijon or plain yellow mustard to start. You don't want the mustard to jump out at you. If you need to add more, do so to your taste.

I want to make recipe that calls for Dry Mustard but I don't have any. Can I substitute regular mustard or should I go to the store and get some? I hate going to Wal-Mart for one item on a Sunday. It's a mad house over there.

Dry mustard is more concentrated. You can use prepared - but in small doses, so you don't dilute the recipe.

Last edited:
Thanks. Another question. I'm using Wasabi mustard as the dipping sauce instead of mayo or tartar sauce, which wouldn't clash with the Wasabi?

Thanks. Another question. I'm using Wasabi mustard as the dipping sauce instead of mayo or tartar sauce, which wouldn't clash with the Wasabi?

You are very welcome. Horseradish will give you some bite and a nice accompaniment.

Back
Top Bottom