ISO - help w/Crab cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jay, your crab cakes look delish. I always shape/form them as I would burger patties - no rings. The trick?, for me, is to get as much of the taste of the crab as possible, i.e. not too much egg or crumbs -- just enough to bind the crab cakes together. There are so many ways to go with 'em i.e. - sometimes I add potatoes & chopped artichokes or diced avacado to the mix, or a different dressing like remoulade or peanut sauce. Crab cakes Rock! Thanks for sharing the pic.

thanks for the suggestions... im DEFINETLY going to try the avocado in there next time.

I also didnt go heavy on egg or crubs. 1 beaten egg and 3 oz of cracker crumbs. the cakes were very crab heavy. id also suggest against using ANY salt. as these can be very easy to overseason

Hi jj, usually we make ours, and we are in blue crab country, with very little binder.

But there are other recipes that add a bit more stuff, seems you are interested in the avocado, and they also taste great. OK, they are not the crab cake purist's version, but they are tasty.

Back
Top Bottom