Cake balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glim246

Assistant Cook
Hi, I want to use a cake recipe and make balls that are filled like cupcakes. When I Google this I get a ton of recipes where you crumble up the baked cake and mix it with frosting and cover in chocolate. This isn't what I am looking for. I just can't think how to bake a ball. Anyone have any good ideas? Thanks in advance.

You could try this if you cant find a half round pan,glass or other object.
Half some oranges,clean out the inside and bake half circles in them.You could push a walnut or nut in them before cooking to make space for filling.Combine the halves when done.

I have never done this but it might work especially with an orange frosting or filling.

Well, if you don't want to make something like a Hostess cupcake, or a Twinkie, an alternative is to make cream puffs or eclairs. While not exactly cake, they are a pastry designed to contain a creme filling, and will hold together better than any cake type of product.

Are you looking for something like this?

image.cfm

If this is what you're looking for, you're looking for a ball pan set.

Wilton makes a variety of molds: Celebrate With Wilton - Create Beautiful Wilton Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes & Candy With Wilton Decorating Techniques

Back
Top Bottom