frenchchef daily cooking tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olalachef

Assistant Cook
Hi!!!my name is Frederic and im a french chef in Paris France. i will start this new thread and post daily cooking tips....sorry for my really bad english!!!

Last edited:
when you find your dish too salty simply add a tiny bit of vinegar and a bit of powder sugar and your dish will get back to his "natural" taste. bon appetit!!

Hi!!!my name is Frederic and im a french chef in Paris France. i will start this new thread and post daily cooking tips....sorry for my really bad english!!!

Welcome to DC. Don't worry about your English. This forum is a multi-national one and we will get the drift of what you are saying. :angel:

HOW TO DO A LIGHT SALAD SAUCE: just take a fat free yogurt, mix it with lemon juice, fresh aromatic herbs, salt and pepper

Hello olalachef; We love to cook around here. Some of us are acomplished, and some of us can barely boil water. We look forward to your input and discussions. Just be aware, sometimes we like to have a bit of fun, and joke around. But if there is ever a question, we love to discuss ways to solve it. We enjoy sharing what we know, and learning from everyone.

Where did you study? Or are you like so many of us who have learned through years of practice, and reading everything we could find about cooking.

Haha; the only place I could be called chef is in my own kitchen, in my house. But that's enough for me. I think that if I had to cook for a living, it might take some of the fun out of it. As it is, I am often called to cook for others, and for various functions. It can be an awful lot of work. But I also know that if you love your work, it's no longer work.

Nice to meet you. Hope you love this place too.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

HOW TO CUT A ROAST BEEF NICELY: after being cooked, dont cut it right away. just put it on "cutting plate" and cover it with foil paper for around 5mn. it will keep the juice inside the roast beef and wont leak on the plate...voila!!!...bon appetit!!!

Hello olalachef; We love to cook around here. Some of us are acomplished, and some of us can barely boil water. We look forward to your input and discussions. Just be aware, sometimes we like to have a bit of fun, and joke around. But if there is ever a question, we love to discuss ways to solve it. We enjoy sharing what we know, and learning from everyone.

Where did you study? Or are you like so many of us who have learned through years of practice, and reading everything we could find about cooking.

Haha; the only place I could be called chef is in my own kitchen, in my house. But that's enough for me. I think that if I had to cook for a living, it might take some of the fun out of it. As it is, I am often called to cook for others, and for various functions. It can be an awful lot of work. But I also know that if you love your work, it's no longer work.

Nice to meet you. Hope you love this place too.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
thanks for your nice replay....no problem for joking around and having fun..you found the right person for that!!!!:chef:..even if its a bit tough for me to be funny in a foreign language!!!....otherwise if you are a good chef in your own kitchen its good enough no??? for me it is....i will go see your blog as soon as possible....bonne fin de soiree!!!!

Hello there! Welcome to DC. I hope to get some great tips from you!

My cooking is a bit on the plain side but that's because the area I live in is known for plain eating & cooking. If you ever heard of Pennsylvania Dutch cooking then you know what I mean by plain.

I'd love to see France one day. My husband was there while he served in the Navy & loved the food & the museums.

Back
Top Bottom