Home cooked vs prepared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cook because I like to cook. I have an abundance of fresh farm produce and pastured meats and dairy all around me even tho I'm in the midst of the mid atlantic city belt. I have several friends who eat only processed foods, but who love to come and eat "real food" (their words)

If I were cooking for family I would bring them into the cooking activity to both educate them and widen their tastes.

I grew up in the 60s, both parents worked, and there was plenty of processed food around for short cuts or heat and eat. We didn't use it much ...mom had one canned soup recipe and sometimes doctored a jar of marinara. But even then it was family cooking with all involved.

Cooking is an art, a science, and a necessity. Your family deserves the best you can give them, and when they are grown and gone, they will remember it. My daughters are all wonderful cooks because they grew up being served the best ingredients cooked in the best way possible and they all carried this forward into their adult lives. My mother was an adventuresome cook who always sought out and prepared the most interesting food. What a treat to have grown up in her home. Sensory memories last a lifetime.

it's not about prefrance, it's about healthy eating for your family. I know in my house, my mother made EVERYTHING from scratch!! If she tried to trick us by using boxed mashed potatoes or something like that, we ALWAYS knew!! You can taste the box or can in your food!! Yes I'm sure many wouldn't know the difference, unless you set the 2 infront of them. But once they tase them, the choice will be more than clear!!! Homemade is WAY better.
What it REALLY comes down to is the nutrition factor of these pre packaged meals, many have so much sodium or other preservatives in them, of course they seem to like it better, it's soooooooooo bad for them.
I don't know too many people who would pass up a home cooked meal over something you'd pop in the microwave. If home cooked goodness is what they are used to, they will NEVER prefer something premade!! Trust me on that!!

Back
Top Bottom